Florida International University Employee Reviews

interactive workplace
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL 33199January 8, 2019
Mentor college freshmen students on college resources and help them transition from high school to college. The hardest part of the job is working with students who do not want to cooperate. The most enjoyable part is meeting students outside of class.
You learn a lot
College of Business Student Assistant Pool (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2019
Working as a student at FIU was a great experience overall. The environment was supportive and helpful. You can definitely learn a lot on the job. Would commend other students to work at FIU during their time there.
Ok work place
part-time facility associate assisting (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 27, 2018
FIU does not care about it's student worker or workers in general. The management is awful and I wouldn't want to work for them again if I do not have
Family oriented & flexible
Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2018
Amazing boss and coworkers.
Can only work there if:
- student
-veteran or dependent

Must be able to have basic communication skills, receptionist work, and community service.
Excellent
Senior Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 19, 2018
Great benefits and a very welcoming university which encourages continued education. Only 4 days off during Christmas/New Year time frame, but plus side is there is ample parking during this time.
Nice Start
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Miami, FLDecember 17, 2018
Working at FIU meant having the opportunity to give back to the institution that has helped me and many others, advance our education. I truly enjoyed assisting students in their everyday lives.
Productive and safe workplace
Student Art Show (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 16, 2018
Great facility to work in, they allow you to work in a safe open facility where most of the tools you need to produce work are at your reach. The teachers are helpful and give helpful advice.
Excellent place to work
ONE CARD REP (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 14, 2018
Very friendly humble community of workers from day one you already feel like part of the time, the job was created for student workers but you feel so much more useful than just a student.
Great!
Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2018
Great to be part of the healthy living program. Put together events for students on weekly basis. Inventory and restocking. Office work and campaigning for events.
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Graduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 4, 2018
Valoro mis años trabajando por esta empresa pero me gustaría trabajar en una ciudad nueva para poder desarrollar mis ideas y habilidades aún más.
Good
FIU ev3 Robotics (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 2, 2018
A typical day at work was quick. Over time working at FIU I learned that I am a hard worker. I also learned that I love teaching children. All my co workers was great. I really enjoyed the kids.
Intern
Apprenticeship Program (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 30, 2018
I was an unpaid inter for the educational talent search at the Biscayne Bay campus. I worked on spreed sheets and I helped coordinate an event for the program called Science Day.
Chemistry TA - Relaxed and Great Experience
Undergraduate Researcher (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2018
Being a lab TA was a great way to get teaching experience. I plan on becoming an English teacher abroad, so this job helped me practice for the real deal. It is a student position, so the job is meant to compliment a busy school life.
Teaching chemistry can be challenging at times since you have to have a strong background in general chemistry in order to teach well, but the job has near minimum requirements. Since every TA is a student at FIU, it is easy to make friends with fellow TAs and there is never pressure of being around superiors.
The lab coordinators are very strict about keeping their course policies and rules, but overall they are very kind people. That said, there are a lot of rules to follow, which can seem mind-boggling at first glance. Do not fret, you can always ask your Head TA for help or advice on anything and they can kindly help you resolve any issues you might encounter.
It Was A Great Experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 29, 2018
Working at Fiu Really Gave Me The Feel Of Working Outside Of My Comfort Zone , Ive Done Several Internships And I Love The Enviorment Of Working In An office , But Always Willing To Try New Things And That’s Be Exactly What I Did And It Was Awsome I Met Great People And Learn A lot Of Things
Pros
The Lunch Was Actually Free
Cons
There Wasn’t Really Any Cons
ASI Tutor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 28, 2018
Good career progression opportunity. Be part of the ASI tutor team is a great opportunity to help other students in developing their skills in the computer science field.
Great place to work for
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 26, 2018
I was a temporary resident assistant and I loved the experience . I lived on campus. My bosses were always extremely helpful whenever I need their assistance.
good first job
Writing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33199November 26, 2018
gain knowledge in copy editing and proofreading. get customer service by working with people. pay is limited and so are hours so that isn't great. only good for a couple of semesters.
Great Culture
IT Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 26, 2018
Fiu its a great place to work for. As an FIU employee I have had a lot of fun working with multiple departments and colleges. FIU employees have a family feel.
A hard but rewarding job
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLNovember 26, 2018
The hours here were pretty hard, this being a 24 hour desk. But I was able to (with the help of some great coworkers) maintain a very good work/school balance. Every other aspect of the job made it one of the best places I've every worked.
Alright
Parking and Transportation Office Specialist (Current Employee) –  North Miami Beach, FLNovember 14, 2018
Unfortunately, as a part-time employee, there is no room for career advancement in any department of FIU. They treat their part-time employees as expendable.