Florida Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

not a good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2018
Management is only interested in the bottom line. They have no loyalty to their employees, you are expected to work without questions about the extra duties and the time they demand. Constant micro-management and difficult to prove but discrimination against, race, age.
Pros
Cons
many
great team
Medical Technologist, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FL 33542July 26, 2018
great team but horrible management where nothing changes except the amount of work that you are given and policis that no one follows. People there are great but the management structure is not good.
Dont Bother
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 23, 2018
Unorganized, management is terrible and the pay is BAD. Hired too many people and there wasnt enough work so I left to work elsewhere. As they kept hiring they slowly started taking away my assignments and giving them to the newbies and I got stuck reviewing theier work all day. Once they were released I sat here doing nothing and any time i asked for work I would get ignored.

Spare yourself and dont bother working here!
Pros
benefits were ok
Cons
management, lack of communitcation and not enough work
Great company to work for
Urgent Care Physician (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 16, 2018
It is a great department . It has great benefits and great opportunities to improve your health, mind, and body. It is a very nurturing company. They try to do monthly education webinars which are nice.
Pros
Diverse benefits
Cons
always trying to add responsibilities to job without compensation
Taking care of patients and making sure there needs were met to the best of my ability
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 16, 2018
I worked for an OBGYN, you learn the patients and what they prefer. I was very interesting getting to see the mothers go through their pregnancy and share that experience. When the patients had their babies they would bring them in and we build enough good report with the mothers, they let us hold the babies when the had appointments.
If I needed to take time off for my daughter, management was really good about that. (It didn't happen often however, I knew they would let me.)
The hardest part about the job was seeing the patients for so long and then once they had the baby we were unable to bond with them so frequently.
Pros
getting to know the patients and seeing their babies
Cons
patients not being such frequent patients
Stressful, over worked and under paid!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 26, 2018
Mangers and directors play favorites. Some people get multiple raise throughout the 1 year, while others gets none. They don’t warn you before they write you up. Overtime is a big no no even if you still have tons of work left. People from other departments will tell on you for parking in the wrong spot even if you are new to the location. Insurance is super expensive.
Plus side is that my doctor is amazing. She actually cares about the employees well being unlike my office manager and associate director.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch room with microwaves and TV
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLJune 8, 2018
A great learning experience to work with Florida Medical Clinic. Great co-workers and friendly environment. This company has very great benefits with retirement plan.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
alittle stress
Love my FMC family still
Check in-Check out/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2018
I had the pleasure of working for Radiology for several years and learned so very much. If I was still living in Florida I would still be working for them.
ok
Medical Technician, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 16, 2018
the company is good however compensation is not. The company values being more efficient and their patients. I thought they valued their staff, but now I see the bigger picture.
Low paying jobs
Revenue Specialist II (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 13, 2018
FMC is more concerned with improving our surrounding community rather than improving and working with their employees or "work community". We work like slaves and are not compensated appropriately for our knowledge in the field or our hard work and dedication. Therefore, as a patient you may unfortunately encounter on more than one occasion a rather rude or irritated employee/physician.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Horrible benefits
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 4, 2018
Workplace felt like family. Felt valued and appreciated. Many entry level positions with room and opportunities to advance. Many company events to keep up moral in workplace.
great company bad pay
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 3, 2018
Great company to work for however, they doo not pay high. good hours, great Christmas party and benefits. Pay needs to be adjusted to reflect what employees actually do.
a typical work day
Medical Laboratory Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMarch 28, 2018
would include, learning about the different departments, and what each department could offer and was expected. Learning how to trouble shoot, each department was a very interesting task.
Pros
everything I have learned
Cons
when I had to leave to the next externship shop
Fast pace office
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMarch 8, 2018
Very Stressful full day, Learned so much about the medical side of the office, terminology, coding and insurance information. Was fun to learn all about this field. Had a awesome manager, but she was let go. The hardest part of the job was a lot of overtime. Worked late evening early mornings and weekends.
Enjoyed working with Doctors, very kind and warm to staff and patients.
Pros
Free visits with all doctors in company
Cons
pay
A great experience
SURGICAL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2018
Extremely busy and fast paced, which is a working environment I thrive and find the most fun. The patients I was able to meet and work with were single-handedly the best part of my employment at Florida Medical Clinic. I wish there had been better management communication, and culpability for those not performing up to the expected standards.
I like that the management is very involved
Insurance Collector (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLFebruary 16, 2018
I liked working for Florida Medical and that management was very involved in everyday activities. The environment and people I worked with were very professional.
Don't work for the lab
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLFebruary 5, 2018
Lab has a horrible attrition rate, low pay, and unorganized management. I didn't hear many good things about the rest of the company but I can really only speak for the lab dept.
good work place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lutz, FLFebruary 4, 2018
Good place to work, they keep the employees busy, and there health program is great keep you motivated . Health insurance could be better, less of deductible,
stressfull
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2018
unorganized, and overload of work too much for the pay.
management was horrible in our department, favorites were picked and not enough pay for all the stress and duties required from you.
Fmc sucks
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJanuary 31, 2018
I have never seen a bunch of moody women in my life. They micro manage EVERYONE except their friends. They lie about who does what. They lie for the doctors even when they miss treat an employee. Good luck with working for FMC!
Pros
free exercise classes
Cons
too many bosses not enough employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Medical Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.