Florida Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

Horrible experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  DermatologyOctober 22, 2018
Don't bother. The HR and management doesn't listen when asked to switch departments they will make up lies to get you out the door. Very " Clicky" departments. Good Luck if you apply here, maybe your experience will be better. Alot of work to do and alot of issues to try and work around. Work place environment is very judgemental and harsh.
Pros
provide scrub tops
Cons
Over worked, management is horrible and very clicky depts. Good luck trying to do your job.
Employees are treated like cattle.
Orthopedic Surgical Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  TampaOctober 1, 2018
Employees are frequently capped at a
lower pay level than the competition. No room for growth and management is not open to new ideas or suggestions. Poorly managed.
Pros
Busy so they can use the help
Cons
Long hours with no recognition
Internship only
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Dade City, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I wasn't given much direction during my time with the company. I felt like I was simply another student on the conveyor belt. Nothing personable about the company.
Terrible Management
Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLSeptember 10, 2018
There is no measure to grade performance, up until recently promotion was not based on merit. Management has recently changed and is aware of the issues and is working on improving the environment. In the past management has been very gossipy and only promoted on who you knew and were related to.
Very Team oriented
CHECK OUT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2018
Loved the other girls in the office. This office was very fast pace and was growing faster than the staff was. The hardest part of the job was the drive to and from work. The most enjoyable was the patients. Loved my patients.
Pros
Office Atmosphere
Cons
Office Turnover
not a good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2018
Management is only interested in the bottom line. They have no loyalty to their employees, you are expected to work without questions about the extra duties and the time they demand. Constant micro-management and difficult to prove but discrimination against, race, age.
Pros
Cons
many
great team
Medical Technologist, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FL 33542July 26, 2018
great team but horrible management where nothing changes except the amount of work that you are given and policis that no one follows. People there are great but the management structure is not good.
Great company
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLJuly 25, 2018
Really love working the staff and doctor ware really nice and patients ware very kind and understanding with the hold time on the phone while scheduling patients at the front desk
Dont Bother
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 23, 2018
Unorganized, management is terrible and the pay is BAD. Hired too many people and there wasnt enough work so I left to work elsewhere. As they kept hiring they slowly started taking away my assignments and giving them to the newbies and I got stuck reviewing theier work all day. Once they were released I sat here doing nothing and any time i asked for work I would get ignored.

Spare yourself and dont bother working here!
Pros
benefits were ok
Cons
management, lack of communitcation and not enough work
Great company to work for
Urgent Care Physician (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 16, 2018
It is a great department . It has great benefits and great opportunities to improve your health, mind, and body. It is a very nurturing company. They try to do monthly education webinars which are nice.
Pros
Diverse benefits
Cons
always trying to add responsibilities to job without compensation
Taking care of patients and making sure there needs were met to the best of my ability
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 16, 2018
I worked for an OBGYN, you learn the patients and what they prefer. I was very interesting getting to see the mothers go through their pregnancy and share that experience. When the patients had their babies they would bring them in and we build enough good report with the mothers, they let us hold the babies when the had appointments.
If I needed to take time off for my daughter, management was really good about that. (It didn't happen often however, I knew they would let me.)
The hardest part about the job was seeing the patients for so long and then once they had the baby we were unable to bond with them so frequently.
Pros
getting to know the patients and seeing their babies
Cons
patients not being such frequent patients
Stressful, over worked and under paid!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 26, 2018
Mangers and directors play favorites. Some people get multiple raise throughout the 1 year, while others gets none. They don’t warn you before they write you up. Overtime is a big no no even if you still have tons of work left. People from other departments will tell on you for parking in the wrong spot even if you are new to the location. Insurance is super expensive.
Plus side is that my doctor is amazing. She actually cares about the employees well being unlike my office manager and associate director.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Lunch room with microwaves and TV
Account Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLJune 8, 2018
A great learning experience to work with Florida Medical Clinic. Great co-workers and friendly environment. This company has very great benefits with retirement plan.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
alittle stress
Love my FMC family still
Check in-Check out/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 29, 2018
I had the pleasure of working for Radiology for several years and learned so very much. If I was still living in Florida I would still be working for them.
ok
Medical Technician, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 16, 2018
the company is good however compensation is not. The company values being more efficient and their patients. I thought they valued their staff, but now I see the bigger picture.
Low paying jobs
Revenue Specialist II (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 13, 2018
FMC is more concerned with improving our surrounding community rather than improving and working with their employees or "work community". We work like slaves and are not compensated appropriately for our knowledge in the field or our hard work and dedication. Therefore, as a patient you may unfortunately encounter on more than one occasion a rather rude or irritated employee/physician.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Horrible benefits
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMay 4, 2018
Workplace felt like family. Felt valued and appreciated. Many entry level positions with room and opportunities to advance. Many company events to keep up moral in workplace.
great company bad pay
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLMay 3, 2018
Great company to work for however, they doo not pay high. good hours, great Christmas party and benefits. Pay needs to be adjusted to reflect what employees actually do.
a typical work day
Medical Laboratory Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMarch 28, 2018
would include, learning about the different departments, and what each department could offer and was expected. Learning how to trouble shoot, each department was a very interesting task.
Pros
everything I have learned
Cons
when I had to leave to the next externship shop
Fast pace office
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLMarch 8, 2018
Very Stressful full day, Learned so much about the medical side of the office, terminology, coding and insurance information. Was fun to learn all about this field. Had a awesome manager, but she was let go. The hardest part of the job was a lot of overtime. Worked late evening early mornings and weekends.
Enjoyed working with Doctors, very kind and warm to staff and patients.
Pros
Free visits with all doctors in company
Cons
pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Medical Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about