Florida Medical Clinic
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Florida Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

United States171 reviews
Number #1 Trauma hospital in Tampa Florida that focuses on patient comfortability and high turn over for surgeries. Many cases are completed on a daily basis so the team attempts to do the best they can under strict and high volume scenarios.
Pros
Strong Team atmosphere
Cons
Heavy lifting
The leadership in the call center don’t get enough credit, the office staff in the clinics are what make this job unbearable. They’re rude and never want to help. There is no training but you’ll get in trouble for something you weren’t taught. The pay is minimal for the amount of bs you have to put up with.
Pros
Great leadership
Cons
Everything else
I currently work for fmc. When I got hired I was excited because it seemed like a good company. I’ve been here for a year and honestly the only thing I hate about my job is the management and the people who work in admin. No support from the provider you work for and admin finds the littlest things to write u up about. For those who are of color applying for fmc please be careful bc they say racist things and cover it up with jokes.5$3 pay is trash and they will give you at .40 cent raise. Again not the best company I am looking for a new job ASAP
Pros
Drug reps bringing us food
Cons
Pay sucks, management is racist, fake and phony people
The typical day at work is fast paced but in a family type environment. The management is very down to earth and very helpful when needing to understand situations. The hardest part of the job is learning all the medications but it starts to all come together. The most enjoyable part of the job is the employees, they treat you like family and help out when ever needed.
Pros
Family environment, helpful co-workers, weekends off, holidays off
Worked with great staff and amazing providers in a fast paced work environment. The most enjoyable part of the day was working one on one with the patients.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
I worked for FMC for two years and it was absolutely horrible. There were plenty days when we would see 130 or more patients and Administration would not send help. I know that this seems like a small number of patients but when you are part of a 4 member team it is very exhausting. Another thing is the Administrators talk to you like dogs and if you try to stand up for yourself you are considered a non team player. Also thereis a big drug problem going on in that department people pass pain meds and other meds to each other. So if you are a drug addict or a brownnoser this is the place for you. The pay is horrible and the work load is that of 4 people to one so if you are not willing to work yourself to death avoid them as well. This by far is the worse company I have ever worked for. The insurance offer is laughable. They picked the latest cigna plan you can get and I swear you need an interpreter to understand it but its still about 375 an month just for you . I litter will never go back to that place even if I was so broke I couldn't feed myself. Also skin color is also a big problem. As I said previously if you stand up for yourself the will tell you especially if you are brown that you should calm your big personality. It's sad to say but if you have a chance to work somewhere else take it and keep far away from this place. Its a nightmare.
I love working for Florida medical clinic. It’s a very friendly/family environment. Generally no issues but when I do have any slight issue it is taken care of in a timely fashion!!
FMC is a huge company and there are many ways to work your way up. The pay isn't the best, but there are so many benefits to the job. Great insurance, PTO, and 401k. Happiness depends on which department and location you end up in. I had a great experience. Company is very reasonable with time off and sick leave. Long 1 hour breaks.
Pros
Pto
Cons
Boring and low pay
Our management changed at our specialty. After that it was all down hill. I loved clinical research and should have never transferred to rheum. I transferred there for an increase in pay. I worked there 2 years in that department and felt that i was discriminated due to my age, but I loved the doctors and the PA's excellent group of men and women.
This was one of the best placed I had ever worked. Amazing staff, room to grow within the company, and good benefits. I highly recommend this place!!!
The managers and other staff treat you like horrible . They don’t listen to you. They have no respect. They don’t teach you how to do your job. No one is friendly.
If given the right situation and group of coworkers, an office can feel like a work family. You have to find the right specialty and office staff that you feel you best fit in with.
Growing, fast-paced medical group with multi-specialties. Very employee oriented. Concerned about work/life balance of its employees. Offers many opportunities to advance.
Depends on the department you work in can be a great place to work but unfortunately where I worked was a joke. Management allows the leads to belittle and mistreat there co workers cause no matter if you complain they will believe the leads over you and your the liar or the bad person. Good place to start off to build your career but besides that .ove on to bigger and better.
Thank you FMC, here I learned many things and I developed more. Good job to start in the area of health. The benefits I think should change such as PTO, medical insurance, etc...
Do not ever work HERE!! Technology is non existent, high work load little pay, terrible benefits, God awful management, NO BREAKS other than a 30 minute lunch even if you work 10 hours a day. No training micromanaging is at a 10, creepily close quarters, EVERYTHING is outdated!!. No pay increases freezing cold office I needed mittens or an electric blanket. Don't do it!
It’s ok if you don’t have much experience and looking for something to gain some knowledge they don’t know the worth of most of their employees. If pay was better it would be the best place to work at
I worked for the lab. The supervisor doesnt know how to lead and there js a high turnover rate. I was there for a year and we had about 7 or more people get hired and then quit because of her. Each lab runs their own show and if you are a float good luck. The other coordinating supervisor will blatantly lie to you. Make sure to record all phone calls etc because she will say" i didnt say that".. dont do it.
I used to work at the Zephyrhills office with a great staff and wonderful boss. I really hate that I had to relocate cause they make you feel like family and it was very hard for me to leave.
The job is easy. the office manager was horrible and she was friends with her manager so she could do anything she wanted to do with no consequences .
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Medical Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.4
InHerSight Score
2.1Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight