Florida Medical Clinic Employee Reviews

Horrible experience
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  DermatologyOctober 22, 2018
Don't bother. The HR and management doesn't listen when asked to switch departments they will make up lies to get you out the door. Very " Clicky" departments. Good Luck if you apply here, maybe your experience will be better. Alot of work to do and alot of issues to try and work around. Work place environment is very judgemental and harsh.
Pros
provide scrub tops
Cons
Over worked, management is horrible and very clicky depts. Good luck trying to do your job.
Does not care about its employees
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 25, 2018
Poor starting salary offered. Noone is allowed a 5% raise. Extremely high turn over everywhere. Hardworking employees are taken advantage of. Very cold company mentality. Doctors do not face repercussuons for their behavior.
Pros
Its a job, Fidelity retirement plans
Cons
Poor health insurance, poor employee progression, cut throat mentality
Good Company to work for
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 3, 2018
I've worked for FMC for most of my life as a transcriptionist. All in all it is a good place to work, but the culture there is so buddy/buddy that if you aren't in the clique you don't get anywhere as they do have favorites. My department was never a favorite and they are so happy now to outsource it.
Pros
Working remotely, flexible hours
Cons
Department being outsourced
Horrible place to work..
Endoscopy Technician (Former Employee) –  North tampa flJanuary 3, 2019
The North Tampa location my experience there was horrible management is terrible a bunch of snakes that works there! Lots of favoritism and if you aren't the boss's favorite you'll be thrown under the bus or fired.They need to clean house and get new management and let that old bitter staff go..
Dont Bother
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 23, 2018
Unorganized, management is terrible and the pay is BAD. Hired too many people and there wasnt enough work so I left to work elsewhere. As they kept hiring they slowly started taking away my assignments and giving them to the newbies and I got stuck reviewing theier work all day. Once they were released I sat here doing nothing and any time i asked for work I would get ignored.

Spare yourself and dont bother working here!
Pros
benefits were ok
Cons
management, lack of communitcation and not enough work
Terrible Management
Revenue Specialist (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLSeptember 10, 2018
There is no measure to grade performance, up until recently promotion was not based on merit. Management has recently changed and is aware of the issues and is working on improving the environment. In the past management has been very gossipy and only promoted on who you knew and were related to.
Overall good company
Patient Financial Representative II, Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLJanuary 4, 2019
Overall good place to work. Medical insurance is not great but compensation is. Staff is friendly. Department is big on team building. Major holidays off.
Pros
holidays, year end bonues
Cons
poor medical insurance
Employees are treated like cattle.
Orthopedic Surgical Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  TampaOctober 1, 2018
Employees are frequently capped at a
lower pay level than the competition. No room for growth and management is not open to new ideas or suggestions. Poorly managed.
Pros
Busy so they can use the help
Cons
Long hours with no recognition
Productive work place
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLNovember 8, 2018
I enjoyed the flexibility of being able to work from home. Until I recently had plenty of work and the ability to make really good money. I really wish that they had not outsourced our department.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Work slowing down
Taking care of patients and making sure there needs were met to the best of my ability
Patient Representative (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 16, 2018
I worked for an OBGYN, you learn the patients and what they prefer. I was very interesting getting to see the mothers go through their pregnancy and share that experience. When the patients had their babies they would bring them in and we build enough good report with the mothers, they let us hold the babies when the had appointments.
If I needed to take time off for my daughter, management was really good about that. (It didn't happen often however, I knew they would let me.)
The hardest part about the job was seeing the patients for so long and then once they had the baby we were unable to bond with them so frequently.
Pros
getting to know the patients and seeing their babies
Cons
patients not being such frequent patients
Formerly small family atmosphere, now too big and cut throat
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Zephyrhills, FLNovember 2, 2018
Management is frazzled and unable to keep up with the growth. Turnover is high. Growing pains are abundant. Used to be a comfortable and safe work environment, but no more. The almighty dollar rules.
Stressful, over worked and under paid!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJune 26, 2018
Mangers and directors play favorites. Some people get multiple raise throughout the 1 year, while others gets none. They don’t warn you before they write you up. Overtime is a big no no even if you still have tons of work left. People from other departments will tell on you for parking in the wrong spot even if you are new to the location. Insurance is super expensive.
Plus side is that my doctor is amazing. She actually cares about the employees well being unlike my office manager and associate director.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good company to work for.
Central Business Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLDecember 8, 2018
Good company with good benefits. Some inexperienced Management staff makes it difficult for employees to be comfortable.
Senior management is fair, professional and friendly
Decent place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 22, 2018
I was hired to work here after my clinicals as a temp for an employee that was on maternity leave. I learned a lot of helpful things. The people were super nice and helpful and the benefits are marvelous.
Very Team oriented
CHECK OUT CLERK (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 21, 2018
Loved the other girls in the office. This office was very fast pace and was growing faster than the staff was. The hardest part of the job was the drive to and from work. The most enjoyable was the patients. Loved my patients.
Pros
Office Atmosphere
Cons
Office Turnover
Great company to work for
Urgent Care Physician (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 16, 2018
It is a great department . It has great benefits and great opportunities to improve your health, mind, and body. It is a very nurturing company. They try to do monthly education webinars which are nice.
Pros
Diverse benefits
Cons
always trying to add responsibilities to job without compensation
not a good place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 31, 2018
Management is only interested in the bottom line. They have no loyalty to their employees, you are expected to work without questions about the extra duties and the time they demand. Constant micro-management and difficult to prove but discrimination against, race, age.
Pros
Cons
many
No advancement
Front Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2018
Management does not treat their employers well and it's a very caddy and cut-throat environment. High turn-over rate. Doctors often don't care. Would NOT recommend most offices.
Keep Looking
medical provider (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLDecember 18, 2018
keep looking, busy days, no appreciation, medical providers threaten each other, hostile work environment, MA's are lazy and barely know how to do their job
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
productive and fast paced
Check in (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 4, 2018
You will always be busy and multitasking. A place to learn and gain lots of experience. It is constantly busy and you also learn to collaborate with other people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Medical Clinic. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about