Florida Pest Control Employee Reviews

Garbage company
Lawn and Ornamental Technician (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLMarch 13, 2018
Dont work here. Long days. No overtime. Pushy corporate office on sales. No vacation, due to company being to cheap to hire the correct amount of employees to handle offices workload. Garbage equipment. Horrible management.
Pros
Cons
everything
I do not recomment this place
office staff (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 18, 2018
I worked for this company for less than a year and they do not care about their employees. The manager I had would let everyone do whatever they wanted and did not hold them accountable for anything. Everyone in this company is fake and things have to go through corporate. It's like everyone knows your business. They control everything especially your paid time off. They say they are a family business but they do not value their employees. At the office that I worked at, the girls felt they were better and did not help answer the phone, which was stressful. I got tired of working with people who thought they were better and got away with everything. Techs come in at the end of the day and cuss, show nasty videos and management never cares to look into it. Also, the sales representative would stay at one of the offices most of the day and speak to everyone in the office, it was so annoying. He thought he was funny but he was far from that. They said it was closed door policy but by the time you turned around, everyone knew what you went to management about. Some of the techs complain and yell over the phone because they want you to drop everything to help them. When I needed training, I had to learn a lot on my own because if you were not in their little fake click you were considered an outcast. Every week the district manager would come by and he would listen to everything in the office, I heard him belittle people. If they did not like you they would make it hard on you. I got tired of walking through that door, but I needed a job. I got sick to my stomach every time I walked  more... in. Some of the girls in the office had a fake little click and would sit in their offices talking for hours while they did not care to help. This place is the worst place to work at, everything is controlled by corporate and you have to watch your back. They also pay you very little for overtime. They lie a lot to you when you interview, so don't fall for it. A lot of the techs also turn in their paperwork and claim to do service at someone's home and they don't. I hope people spread the word about this company. A lot of customers started cancelling their service because of that. I finally decided to quit because of the morale and the lying in this company and I am glad that I did. They people in the office would also talk about customers and private information it was scary to know someone would allow that in a business.  less
Pros
free lunches, pto time
Cons
bad management, everything is controlled by corporate
Good Old Boy System
Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 6, 2018
Florida Pest Control is all about the good old boy system. The "secretaries" aren't seen as much in their eyes. We were told we were the "bottom" of the pyramid.
They value you and your family.
General household pest control technician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville flJanuary 18, 2018
On occasion I’ve had things arise outside of my control that I’ve had to either miss or leave work and each time my supervisors were completely understanding. I would even go as far as to say as compassionate. I can’t event begin to describe how wonderful it is to work for a group of people that actually care about your life outside of the job. In a day and time like this, it’s companes like Florida pest control who really stand out amongst the crowd. Thank you all for giving me this opportunity.
Pros
Staff lunches, Great supervisors, family owned
Cons
Older trucks but they’re working on that.
crazy long days and 1/2 pay instead of time and a half for overtime
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLDecember 6, 2017
I was very disappointed in this company who proudly boasts that its family owned and operated. They don't value family time, and expect you to work 11-12 hours per day leaving you little time for family.
Pros
Cons
hours, weird 1/2 pay overtime, management that supports an abusive boss
Great Company
Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Gainesville FlSeptember 18, 2017
A great company to work for. overall career choice has a great balance between life/ job. Great opportunities for growth. would recommend this company to anyone.
Best company I have worked for
Pest Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLJuly 12, 2017
We're like a big family!
I have always been encouraged that I can achieve any goal I set my mind to and there are unlimited resources for me to do it.
Pay is great, job is secure and even my future is secure. I'm still employed with them as a technician and love it
Pros
Money, relationships, security
Cons
Summer heat lawd it's hot
Decitful, untrustworthy, rude... To say the least about management
Corporate Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 27, 2017
Prepair to work your rear off and not get paid for it. The problem with this company,its the old old school mentality. Its one thing to take the good this from the past into the future, somethings should stay in the past. This is not a reflection of the staff, but the managers, the staff are hardworking and amazing people. The managers, all hypocrites.. Out to save their own skin. The talk about the 'rumor mill' when they themselves create it. Too many politics vs just paying ppl what they deserve. I worked my butt off for those ppl and i couldnt deal with the constant judgment... Not towards my work.. But about what i do on my time... U work for this company.. They act like they own you... Be prepared to conform.
Pros
Not even the free lunch once a month is worth it.
Cons
Toooooooo much drama, from the higher up, Most of them don't have a clue how hard, working their emplyees are
Good
Technician (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32210May 27, 2017
The company is not like other companies that are corporate like. They are family owned and overall do a good job. Its hard to keep up with the compensation/benefits with a company small in size compared with bigger competitors, they do help out on the benefits and really care about their employees having personal time and help when they need it. If you work hard and are productive they work with you. The company wants to make sure their employees have the knowledge and training needed, sometimes its more "on the job". I have had positive experience with managers and fellow employees when I have had questions or needed more information on situations. The management does a good job with their employees and they do their best to accommodate and help the employees and company. The biggest complaint I have is the outdated technology of the computers and paperwork but its their company and it works. Overall, I think its a good company to work for and definitely recommend it for people who have a positive attitude and work ethic. Its a tough job and getting the best out of the day and the people you work with helps.
Pros
employee lunches
Cons
Low tech
All Work No Play
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLApril 25, 2017
Hard hard, takes up most of your day... The money is good, but management does things unethically and it isn't quite worth the 10.50 per hour you'll make as a service technician
Not a very good company
Customer Service Representative (office) (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMarch 21, 2017
Working in the office was great for about 3 weeks. You get little to no training. The training you do get is the worst training in the world. There is one girl in the office that will get u fired if she doesn't like you or you mention her name ever. Then you think u have the job down, nope, they throw 7 more at u with no training. And you get in trouble if you mess up. Be prepared for harassment of all sorts.
Pros
Lunch, good pay
Cons
Brown nosers, horrible management, harassment
Used cars salesman of pest control
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLMarch 4, 2017
If I could give zero stars, I would. Managers are a bunch of used car salesman regrets. The techs are wayyyy under paid and overworked.
Pros
Zero.
Cons
Everything.
For a company that has been around for 60 years, it's still stuck in the 60's
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 22, 2017
In just a few years I have learned that you can't be friends with the people that you work with because it is frowned upon within the company to actually like the people you work with. I have also learned that if you try to help with something and then learn how to do that task well, it will be taken from you as soon as you make a mistake. Punctuality is a big thing around there, except all the clocks say a different time. The company is still using an old DOS system to keep customer's accounts, needs to upgrade their technology that the staff uses to be more efficient in keeping records and billing.... There is so much more I could say but the space can't hold it all.
Pros
once a month cook outs
Cons
micromanagment, no trainning provided
Very productive company to work for
Termite/sales technician (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLNovember 22, 2016
Florida pest control is a good company to be employed by. They take care of their employees for the most part, but there are a lot of politics that goes on within the company that can be a bit frustrating at times
Pros
Commission
Cons
Constant hassling
constant turnover
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 9, 2016
constant turnover and harassment. micromanagement. company is good but too many family members that abuse the privelege
Florida Pest Control.
Technician, Termite General Household pest. (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLMay 27, 2016
I worked there for a long time. I have love and respect for several people I worked with over the years. If you're pegged as one of "their" guys you could advance and make a lot of money.. If not, they are going to go out of their way to run you off. It's a good ol' boy company.. A lot of nepotism. A lot myopic thoughts. At the branch I worked at they expected you to give it your all and it was never really good enough. The core of the company are mostly related.. So pretty much you can only advance so far. The executive branch of the company loves to play bizzare games with branches and lower management. It is an exhausting company culture that some people enjoy. They take pride in not paying unemployment benefits. Or workman's comp.. If you're hurt and make a claim.. They are going to run you off.. If you enjoy brown nosing and cold calls and repetitive rhetoric this is the place for you. Go Gators 👍
Pros
Benefits. Education in the field.
Cons
Going back to the office. Not very technology friendly. Company culture kinda rednecky.
Solid ethical company
Branch Manager Trainee (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2016
Good benefits with a pension program, however pay is on lower end of industry. No company vehicle. 7am-6pm are the expected hours weekly.
Pros
Employee lunch, pension program, bonus
Cons
work hours, no company vehicle
Awesome company to work for!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLDecember 4, 2015
This company really appreciates its employee's by not only providing more time off than any company I have ever known but also by providing a monthly lunch. The management and employees are great at the Ocala office. We laugh and have fun in between knocking out our daily work. If you are a hard worker who takes pride in what u do...Then this is your home away from home.
Pros
Paid Time Off, Holiday Pay, Monthly Lunches
Cons
Not every customer is nice
Pest Control
Sale's Consultant (Current Employee) –  Crystal River, FLNovember 6, 2015
Meeting with customers on a daily basis for pest control issues. filling out customers proposals and handling cash, checks and credit cards.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Door Knocking
very good
Pest control Technician (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLJanuary 5, 2015
I have worked in coustermer service all my life injoy working and working with other people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Pest Control. Our community is ready to answer.