FLORIDA PUBLIC UTILITIES Employee Reviews

Loved the challenges
Propane Operator II (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 2, 2017
a typical day was exciting,but yet dangerous. You had to have a huge amount of respect for natural and propane gas. I loved doing the difficult tasks in doing this, but on call and regular hours were a lot. Sometimes, we would work up to 100 hours every two weeks on the elements of South Florida weather.
Pros
Always a learning process with the opportunity to advance
Cons
long hours in Florida weather
poor management
Propane Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 22, 2017
Propane department is poorly managed. Management has no integrity. Hardwork and honesty is not valued within the department. Promotions are given based on a "buddy" system as opposed to them based on meeting and exceeding the company's own goals and core values.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor management
Wost management ever!
Senior Propane Clerk (Former Employee) –  Inglis, FLAugust 25, 2017
The Management at F.P.U. was the worst part of the company. You are alone with no support. There is no kooth among co workers and the unprofessionalism between co workers and management is outstanding.
Great Place to Work
Date Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLJuly 29, 2017
Ever since I got hired working here I have been welcomed like family. The atmosphere is calm and relaxing. The manager is straight forward and understanding.
Great Place to work
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  DeBary, FLJune 27, 2017
Source new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and emails. Understand customer needs and requirements. Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure. Close sales and achieve quarterly quotas.
Fpu
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLJune 17, 2017
I enjoyed working at FPU. I only left there because my son was struggling in school so my husband and I agreed that I needed to be home with him to help him with his studies. Well, it worked and he has been doing great in school.
meter reading on the go
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 13, 2017
Eight hours long days walking from meter to meter and different communities
People can be mean even when they know what you're doing
Management was ok at times.
Dealing with customers that go out of their way to let you know they don't like you.
Pros
Driving around in a truck, getting to go to different parts of the county
Cons
dealing with mean customers, routes have to get done so lunch gets cut short
Strategic, innovative, people oriented, futuristic
DIRECTOR, CUSTOMER CONTACT, FL (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 8, 2017
enviable leadership and vision with a capacity to grow in new areas; people oriented providing career growth opportunities. A brand supported by the community.
Love working for this company
Back office analyst (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 31, 2016
Love working for this company. Company believe in a work/life balance. I have an amazing manager rosa Krio. Company is very flexible with your time off.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  DeBary, FLMarch 23, 2016
Stressful busy season with customer requests. I have learned to value a customer on a higher level than any other position I have worked. Great co workers, family like atmosphere. Management can be disconnected at times.
Pros
Lots of free lunches and company outings.
Cons
lack or training

Want to know more about FLORIDA PUBLIC UTILITIES?

Ask a question
Overall great workplace where the employees are treated well.
DISTRICT MANAGER PROPANE OPS (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 21, 2015
Florida Public Utilities was a great work place. Upper Management cares about the employees and are clear when communicating updates on company directives.

My daily duties included meeting with vendors, contractors, and regulatory agencies regularly in order to ensure efficacious operation of the business unit. Managed 25 employees including, Propane Truck drivers, Technicians, and clerks.

My designated area stretched from Melbourne Florida to Miami, including 4 Bulk storage facilities grossing over 330,000 gallons of Propane and over 8,000 customers. One of these facilities was a terminal from which wholesale gas was lifted.

Much of my time was dedicated to managing the storage facilities infrastructure, approving invoices and payrolls, and analyzing reporting and P&L's to ensure proper functionality, safety, and profitability.

Yearly gross margins at this location hovered around $10 Million dollars a year.
Pros
Fast Paced Work Environment, Benefits Package, company vehicle
Cons
Compromised work life balance, Little accountability
Laid back atmosphere
Business and Energy Planning Analyst (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 8, 2015
It is a nice place to work, but the workload can be heavy depending on what department you are in. Most people there are very helpful and kind.
Great company to work for owever the location is the key
Customer Service Call Center (Former Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLNovember 12, 2014
A typical day at work started at 8am, plugged into the phones. The calls were continuous and at times fast paced which was fantastic.

Learned so much about our power resources from Natural Gas, oil and electricity. The knowledge gained was incredible. Just learning about the different sources and how we were able to get them to customers and the ratings and etc...

I was hired to take Emergency calls and collections however ended up starting new service, budget billing, terminating service and setting up payment arrangements and many more things, all of which were great learning experiences.
Pros
Very easy to speak with management, location was very nice and majority of employees were very welcoming and polite.
Cons
Not always condusive for learning in immediate office, questions were not welcomed
Fun workplace but (OLD) Management can make it very difficult at times.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLSeptember 25, 2014
8am-4:30pm
Civil Engineering and Roadway Design, Managed As-Built Department
Management Department....... Micro-Managed to a fault
Co-Workers were fun, very work oriented, decisive problem solvers
Dealing with Micro-Management was very hard
Being the go to guy for the As-Built process, being on top of my game (sort to speak). Also going into the field was very enjoyable to see my work first hand.
Pros
Great Employees to do business with
Cons
Bad Micro-Managing, You can get confused with who's work to do: Supervisor, Manager, or GM.....
Customer Service Orientated
Marketing Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 28, 2014
Always learning of new guidelines.
Always be prepared for unexpected changes.
Management is always for the company.
Dedicated to their work.
Keeping up the constant changes
Learning
Not a lot of smiles in the morning, due to lack of man power and heavy work loads.
Service Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, Fl.February 23, 2014
Prior to being bought out 4 yrs ago, FPUC, was an enjoyable place to work. Another company came in and cleaned house, making wholesale changes. These changes, along with the increasing customer base, made everybody's job a bit more difficult. Management was more uptight, techs were more uptight, there were more field workers doing jobs they weren't accustomed to doing. I believe this will become a safety issue as time goes on. The overall feeling at the office and in the field was constant stress and uneasiness. My family and I just felt like it was the perfect time for a change.
Pros
Good benefits, free lunches and parties on occasion. They also provided work boots and uniforms.
Cons
Micro-management, and not enough qualified techs in the field.
Gas Company
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  DeBary, FLJanuary 16, 2014
This was a very friendly and clean office. The people there were very happy and helpful all the time. It was a very good environment to work in.
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLOctober 30, 2012
Good palce to work and learn the natural gas industry. Good management good co-workers.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Temporary Assignment (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 21, 2012
Love working for Florida Public, a great place with great people!!!
Productive and fun working with nice people
Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, Fl.May 2, 2012
Great Job and people to work with. I wish I didn't have to leave because of a Family medical emergency. I miss my coworkers and the city I lived in.