Florida State Hospital Employee Reviews

good management
Lab. Assistant and Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLMarch 28, 2019
Very technical work, stressful. The new equipment was fun, good management, very great, going from patients to patients, from building, Helping patients with their illness and medication. The job was very rewarding, and the people I work with were very kind and good people. I have no compliant .
Its a place that I would recommend anyone to work at
Human Service Worker II (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLFebruary 2, 2019
I learned a lot at Florida State Hospital with it being a mental hospital i encontered various types of behaviors that were very intriguing also helped geriatric patients with mental problems
Okay
Direct Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Its A Great Job If You Don't Have Kids But If You Do Always Make Plans because you stay at this job more than you be home , you're looking at 12 hour shifts every other night .
Good place to start a carer
Rehabilitation Therapist (Current Employee) –  CTUJanuary 9, 2019
I would recommend FSH as a good place to start your career. It offers good benefits, employee training, and a team environment, You are also allowed the opportunity for over time..
Pros
flexible on time off requests
Cons
sometimes team members do not pull their weight
I loved the job and the residents
Rehabilitation Therapist (Former Employee) –  Chatahoochee, FLDecember 3, 2018
I loved my job as a rehabilitation therapist. I loved the residents and being able to learn more about them each day. This job really helped motivate me to go back to school
slow paced
Direct Care Staff (Current Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLDecember 2, 2018
I work the overnight shift so it's pretty much relax because the Residents are sleeping, some of them anyway. We make 30 minute or 15 minute checks, do vital signs at a certain time, serve coffee before we begin preparing for the next shift. Employees are over worked because of the type of schedule we have. We also work double shifts which they don't like to pay us for unless they really have to. They prefer to give us another day off we prefer the money since you made us work.
benefits
Cons
schedules and distance for me
florida state
HSW1 (Current Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLNovember 27, 2018
Its a nice place to work But it doesn't pay enough and you have to work a lot of over time just to make ends meet. You have to work 16 hours 3 days straight sometime.
Na
Human Service Worker II (Current Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLNovember 19, 2018
It a good place to work you just got to keep your mouth close and not talks about everyone at this place .the pay it not enough to support your family.some of the supervisors need to be let go and staff.the residents are not the issue it's nasty blue shirt s and the people down in the office down on the 1st floor
Cons
Short breaks
good place to work if you like working with people
Mental Health Program Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLSeptember 5, 2018
A good place to work if your are like working with people with mental illness. Has very good benefits people are good to work with has good opportunity for advancement has job security. This is not a job for every one I like working with the residents very rewarding and fullfilling
Pros
good medical benifits
Cons
constant shortage of employees. Double on and double back a lot
Before starting working at FSH, I signed a paper in accordance of their rules, therefore, i do not have any complaints, i go by the rules.
Rehabilitation Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLAugust 31, 2018
It's a great place to work if you have a calling. I like to help underserved people. Some of the residents really appreciate the effort of being there for them, in spite, of the pay check that we received.
Pros
Flexible time, good benefits.
Cons
short breaks, low pay, not easy to get promoted if you are a professional.
upset with the FSH
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLAugust 23, 2018
I feel when I came here to FSH would be great, but after working there it was a nightmare. Some of the employees are great and others are disappointing.
Pros
nothing
Hard place to work at.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLAugust 8, 2018
At times a very hard place to work because of long hrs. and bad management. A typical workday consisted of getting residents up for medications and convincing them to take it. Next is breakfast while stopping fights and trying not to get injured in the process. Sometimes you get lucky. I've learned that this place isn't about teamwork, it"s about save your own self.The hardest part part also about the job for me is when one of the resident:s leave that I cared so much for. That made me sad. The most enjoyable part of the job was clocking out and going home.
No improvements. Change the situations of work conditions
UTRS (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLAugust 4, 2018
The job sucks. Staff are so disrepectful. Staff don't get paid much for the work that we go through. Direct Care Staff are getting tired of overworked and underpaid. Direct Care Staff are not getting reconized for the work they do. Living conditions are horrible. Roaches and bugs everywhere, just sick. And can"t keep staff. Buddy system and favortism shouldn"t never enter the workplace at all. Something need to be to be done to correct these problems.
Pros
Changed need to be made.
Cons
2 15minutes breakes.
Behavioral Specialist
Behavioral Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLAugust 4, 2018
The environment at the hospital is stressful. The clients you work with suffer from chronic mental illness and are usually the most severe cases you will find. It is a joy to work with the clients. Staff is what you have to look out for.
Pros
Paid time off. State benefits
Cons
Working environment.
tired of writing reviews
Administrative Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLJuly 30, 2018
This is a good entry level job and you can learn a lot about the program by working with management. The job also allowed for free tuition to state colleges or universities.
Pros
good insurance and benefits
Cons
A challenging place to work.
REHABILITATION THERAPY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLJuly 24, 2018
I spend more than 8 years working at Florida State Hospital, and during that time frame I was very disappointed with how the hospital administrations were so out of touch with what the direct care staff would have to go through each day with such a difficult population to work with. The hardest part of my job at a program supervisor at Florida State Hospital was educating the administration about the patients needs and life goals. The mentality of warehousing certain patients at this hospital, primarily those forensic patients that continue to violate hospital policy. The most enjoyable part of my stay at Florida State Hospital was when I transferred from the social services department to the rehab services department. As a Rehab Counselor I had almost constant contact with all the patients on my caseload. I had forgotten how rewarding it was to work with patients directly. As a social worker at Florida State Hospital, we had very limited patient contact due to the overwhelming paperwork involved with that position. My goal is to continue with working directly with clients on a hands on approach. I feel this is better for both the client, and the worker, and is more rewarding for both as well.
Pros
The daily challenges of working directly with a difficult population
Cons
Administrative ignorance and bureaucracy
Fun and interesting place to work
Unit Treatment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLJuly 20, 2018
A typical day at Florida State Hospital you will start you day off in a meeting then go to your assigned dorm, then assist your Residents with their everyday living, then write and/or file reports.
Pros
health care benefits
Cons
long shifts
Productive and Fun workplace sometimes
Human Service Worker II (Current Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLJuly 19, 2018
a typical day at work is dealing with residents that are mentally ill and helping them with their daily needs. what ive learned is to be patient with residents as the learn about the laws of the court system.
overall its a fun job
Human Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at Florida State Hospital due to I love working with people with disabilities. you learn new things everyday working at the hospital.
Florida State Hospital
Unit Treatment Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chattahoochee, FLJuly 15, 2018
Florida State Hospital is a hospital and psychiatric hospital in Chattahoochee, Florida. Established in 1876, it was until 1947 Florida's only state mental institution. It currently has a capacity of 1,042 patients.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida State Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.