Florida State University Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Equipment Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 5, 2018
Always changing environment where you are faced with new challenges every day. Work/Life balance isn't the best but that comes with the territory of working in athletics.
Good work environment
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 27, 2018
Working for FSU helped me learn to deal with many different individuals. Management at this place did not support promotion from within. It was extremely tough to get pay raises, they were very reluctant to give raises to certain individuals.
Pros
helped pay for school
Cons
no room for growth
The way to go
Sports Turf Member (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 14, 2018
If you can deal with the changing of Supervisors, this place is a good working culture. Everyone gets along well and works together very professional. This is the team behind the team that you see on the filed. Good for Student-Workers.
Pros
Free Sporting Events
Cons
Long Weekends
Job
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 13, 2018
This was a job I grew in. I loved the opportunity I was given here. I would recommend this job to others. If I was still in the area I would still be there
Enjoyed being a TA
English Instructor/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 9, 2018
TA in the English department and tutored students as well. Taught freshman comp. It was like any other teaching job, where it has its stresses, and I felt like I never left the building. LOL. But, it was good to be able to supplement myself as a grad student, and it helped me hone several skills I don't think I would have been able to fully develop otherwise. I would recommend this program to anyone who is offered the same kind of Assistantship/stipend that I was.
Cons
you never leave the building. All the classes you teach and take, and your desk, is all in those walls.
Florida State University was a University that strived for excellence in every aspect.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 6, 2018
During my tenure with Florida State University I had the privilege of working in three separate departments. I was employed in the Statistics department for two years, Intercollegiate Athletics for 10 years and 11 years in the College of Engineering. In each position, I was the Administrative Assistant. Aside from my duties and responsibilities, I made many friends and have many wonderful memories. Florida State University was not only a place of employment, but a true family.
Pros
Tickets for Athletic events.
Cons
I can't think of any.
Awesome Campus, Terrific Community
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 2, 2018
Winston for President
Terrific bus system
Lots of opportunity
Competitive campus
Tech Learning Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 29, 2018
A typical day at work would involve me mingling with students and clearing their doubts in various Computer Science courses. I learnt the art to better explain concepts to students.
Enjoyable Learning Environment
IT Technician (OPS) (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 23, 2018
I was hired on at this school immediately after completing the Computer System and Information Technology program at Haney Technical Center. The manager for our IT group is very knowledgeable and is always willing to pass that knowledge on to his employees. This job has a great mixture of team oriented and individual projects and the manager is great at challenging the team by giving people projects they may not be familiar with. I highly recommend working with this group if you are knew to the IT field and need to expand or solidify your knowledge. Only downside is that the pay isn't that great but it is essentially a paid internship.
Pros
Good Management, Enjoyable Environment, Good Learning Environment, Good Access to Resources
Cons
Lack of Benefits and Pay
It is great
Setup worker and Information Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 17, 2018
Upper management is great with employees. Pay could be better considering we endure a lot of physical hardships. The university has a lot of money but pays little.
productive workplace
Teaching Assistant/Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 4, 2018
I have learned a lot about teaching large classes as well as online classes. I was able to conduct clinical trials which is very important in our field.

I had the opportunity to participate in many professional workshops which will have a tremendous effect on my future academic job.
Productive job with great opportunities
Catering Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 2, 2018
Customer service skills enhanced when I worked for Florida State . I met so many students from different walks of life and connected with them . The pay was great but the manager that hired me moved stores
Pros
Pay rate
Cons
Management switch
It was okay
Administrative Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 28, 2018
I worked at FSU for eighteen years and I gained two degrees and a plethora of work experience as a young adult entering in the workforce. However, the department I worked for did not have any room for advancement. Therefore I left for better opportunities.
Excellent place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 19, 2018
Leading the daily work and duties to be accomplished in a timely matter.
answering the phones with a welcoming and helpful guidance to assist in needs at hand.
Cons
Always learning new concepts
Great benefits and retirment
Custodial Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Not the best workplace culture, as their hiring standards are low. However, management tries hard to ensure those who work hard succeed and advance quickly.
Pros
Great amount of time off with pay, great hours
Cons
hourly wage, high turnover
Great Work Atmosphere
Business Off Clerical/Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Great place to work. Only downfall is that most of the time there is no room for growth and you must actively search for a better position if you want more responsibility and pay.
Good to work for.
Level 1 IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 11, 2018
It is a good place to work with room for advancement. Sometimes it is very stressful but overall good. The benefits are great and the people I work with are great.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Long days
Favorite Place to Work
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 11, 2018
Working at FSU was by far my favorite place to work. The environment was very collaborative and upbeat. It was very student-focused and driven by its mission.
A strong academicc community
Adjunct Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 7, 2018
I taught for Florida State University for several years as an adjunct. In my time, I was fortunate to enjoy the freedom to design my own courses with the backing of the administration. I have many fond memories of my time there, as well as of the people with whom I worked.
Great working environment
Postal and Printing Support (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 29, 2018
We were a very close knit group. The hours were good and it was a loose environment. Sometimes customers could be difficult, but where is that not the case.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Customers occasionally

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight