Florida State University Employee Reviews

Great experience
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 29, 2018
Provided personal academic support and tutored students by holding office hours. The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction when the students really understand the knowledge from me.
Good
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 25, 2018
Both of my colleagues and the students are great.
The students are very hard-working and respectful to instructors.
I have learned a lot and I have great time teaching the undergraduates and graduate students.
Relaxed and fun workplace
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Provincia de PanamáJanuary 23, 2018
it was relaxed not so many customers per day but constantly performing some tasks. Constantly selling some merchandise or printing some documents to professors and students
Relaxed work environment designed for students
Computer Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 21, 2018
The work in the computer labs was very easy and the environment was relaxed and quiet. This allowed me, as a student to work on my course work while on the clock.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Limited hours
Fun job with flexible hours
Reer & Athletic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FL 32306January 15, 2018
The job required physical activity and endurance. Shifts went by fast and the work was fun. The training was helpful and well organized. Given that it was a student job, the hours were very flexiable.
Good support
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 15, 2018
Excellent graduate support from a top notch research program. I was incredibly pleased with my experience as a teaching assistant here, and I would have gladly carried on with the job if the conditions had been right for me to pursue a PhD
Good Place to Work
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I really have only good things to say about Florida State. Great people, great team work, and the students are great. Anyone would enjoy working here and the benefits are excellent.
Good work to place
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 11, 2018
I like to work there because I can learn more about Florida State, I can meet people and we work as big team. I did not have a bad time there at all..
It’s an ok job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 7, 2018
Working for Florida State University through Sodexo company is and ok job. Dealing with the manager and the consist change of the rules was a little aggravating.
FSU HR equals a rigid work environment dominated by females.
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day starts reporting to my boss, letting her know my tasks for the day. Take customer calls, process time sheets, sick leave pool applications, and training etc. I learned public speaking is fun. Management style is mainly a micro-management style with an unpredictable temperament. Workplace culture borders hostile when not a female or submissive to agenda. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the rigid environment and hypocrisy of "Champions in Diversity." The best part of the job was facilitating training out of the office with various colleges and departments. Found it very rewarding, and fun to overcome fear of public speaking.
Pros
Out of office duties
Good place
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 3, 2018
I learned a lot, very good place I am not sure why I am forced to write this review. I simply chose this university because it is where i did my undergrad but it is a very good place with friendly people
Depends on who you get
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 1, 2018
I worked for several professors during my time at FSU in various areas. What I didn't like the most was the culture. It felt like there was a constant expectation to work more hours but not to ask for more pay or more paid hours. Some professors were more willing to work with you than others but it was a very stressful and competitive area to work in, as I suppose most university jobs are. It felt like no matter how much you worked, it was never enough.
Productive & fun workplace
Insurance Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 28, 2017
I learned about the health insurance provided by the school and listened to the students about what they would like and needed.

Didn't like how they changed the billing department and I couldn't send bills out to insurance companies, but had to email the company what they did wrong so they can resubmit claim (by the time I do all that I could have done it and sent it back to be processed)
Pros
The week off for the Christmas holidays
Cons
Salary
Suraj Dixit
Post Doctoral Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 22, 2017
The work environment was very good and competitive. It gave me a chance to improve my skill set and experience. My colleagues were very cooperative and helpful
Great Place to work Low Pay
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 21, 2017
It's a great place to work, management is very exclusive and harsh. Yet, very low pay compared to other universities. For the amount of work you do, the pay is awful. The benefits are wonderful.
quick and fun working with classmates
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 14, 2017
This wasnt a actual job, i vounteered because i wanted to join the volleyball time and this was a fun raiser. It was busy everyday because we were running a concession stand at a baseball game.
Pros
free food at the end
Cons
busy
Depends which department
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 12, 2017
I enjoyed researching at the library but didn't enjoy the Athletics department. The athletics department isn't meant for people who are passionate in teaching. It is simply to get their athletes on the field.
Good university
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 11, 2017
This is a very Good university, I like the atmosphere very much. Especially the weather and the friendly people. The instructor here are all very nice.
Great benifits
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 9, 2017
Very good benifits with paid time off and holidays. Wish that it paid better for the work we do. Not very good opportunity for overtime or advancement.
Pros
Great benifits
Cons
Not very good pay
Challenging and developmental based
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLDecember 9, 2017
Working at Florida State will give you the opportunity to learn and grow to move on to work at any other company. Growth is an important culture at Florida State University.