FLORIDA THERAPY SERVICES Employee Reviews

Great People to Work With
Contract LMHC (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMarch 1, 2018
Every company has it's issues, but the people who work here make this organization one of a kind! The support and camaraderie are unsurpassed by any other place I have ever worked. I have been with Florida Therapy for four years and love it more today than when I started.
Pros
Flexibility, Great People
Cons
I honestly can't think of any
Great Place to Work
Contact Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 26, 2018
Home away from home type of work place. Everyone is nice, welcoming, supportive, and helpful. Great Supervisor who is understanding and has your back.
Pros
Free lunch from drug reps and pot lucks
Cons
Not getting paid if clients don’t show up
Cohesive team spirit in Pensacola
Management (Current Employee) –  Program DirectorFebruary 24, 2018
Worked for this agency for 10 yrs. Started as a contracted therapist at another location and relocated to Pensacola to manage. Love the team environment in Pensacola. The entire staff is compassionate, caring, team oriented and get along very well. There are no cancerous people currently on staff. Our nurse practitioners and nursing staff are fun and listen to the patients needs while practicing ethically. Our case manager is very strong and I can’t say enough about the quality therapists on staff. We carry Masters levels and LMHC, LCSW, And LMFT. And there isn’t one that wouldn’t stop to assist a new hire who was struggling or has questions. There is weekly supervision for clinical staff and a monthly team building meeting for the entire team to engage in. Pay is competitive and always look to hire up within the location. Oh and did I mention that our office closes at noon on Friday’s which is a big plus.
Pros
Team spirit, half day Friday’s, team building opportunities, Good EHR system, very supportive environment, lots of office space
Cons
Communication with corporate office is lacking, tedious on boarding process, slow credentialing process
Supportive working environment
Master's Level Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLFebruary 23, 2018
One of the perks of working with therapists is having a team who is always there to listen and help in any way they can. The company serves a wide demographic so I have learned a lot in the almost 4 years I have worked here.
Horrible Communication
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 18, 2018
Corporate doesn’t communicate well with the office branches. Regional Manager has poor communication with office managers. Employees are underpaid and overworked. Too many lies, secrets, and backstabbing people. Training is horrible. Employee incentives, recognition, and appreciation are nonexistent. They don’t care about staff or implementing new processes. All they care about is numbers.
Pros
Paid time off
Cons
High stress, no support, poor communication, constant negative feedback
Great oppertunity for growth
Master Level Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 4, 2018
The work environment was relaxed but challenging. Therapists spent a lot of time doing administrative duties while also applying their therapy to clients. The challenge was how to balance administrative duties with therapy sessions. Though a challenge, it was rewarding because it allowed the Therapist to grow and understand all the different aspects of the mental health field.
No communication
Medical Office Referral Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 18, 2017
Absolutely no communication between corporate and management. No one knows what the other is doing. No link between departments for team building. Too many secrets. No raises.
Pros
Paid days off
Cons
Confusing communication between management
I wish communication and team spirit were stronger.
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 16, 2017
When problems are identified, there is no team effort to solve them. I speak with a number of employees and the consensus among mental health providers is that numbers matter the most and nothing ever changes at this place of employment. I've heard "it is what it is a few too many times".
Pros
My pay is very good. I can't speak for the pay of others.
Cons
Try to come up with a solution and you are likely to be stonewalled.
Great for gaining experience
Master's Level Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 9, 2017
Florida Therapy Services is great if you have limited experience because there's opportunity to gain lots of experience. No room for advancement. $5 pay increase when you get licensed.
make your own schedule
LICENSED MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLAugust 2, 2017
Not worth the hassle, you make your own schedule but not compensated enough for the work. There is a lot of travel involved if you want a large amount of clients
It's a good starting place
Master's Level Therapist (Contracted) (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 12, 2017
I enjoyed my experience at Florida Therapy Services. I wish the benefits were better and that I was able to build a better case load. I also thing that some things like laptops should be provided.
Review
Certified Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 27, 2017
This place was a great experience and the staff is wonderful as well as the supervisors. The entire group of employers are very loving and caring towards the clients.
Needs better corporate structure and appreciation for employees
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 3, 2017
This company has no structure. It's been around for decades but you can tell it's had minimal growth when it comes to corporate affairs. When there is a lack of growth and structure in corporate there will be lack in all other portions of the company.
Pros
Great flexibility, The in house management
Cons
No benefits, no competitive pay, no pay raises, no opportunity for growth and advancement, no structured training's, not enough office space for providers
Great opportunity for contract work!
Mental Health Therapist (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLJanuary 3, 2017
Florida Therapy, Inc. is ideal for the current or aspiring licensed mental health provider. Florida Therapy, Inc. does a great job of training contractors and salaried employees.
Very high stress job
Medical Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FlAugust 31, 2015
I do love helping people, this company is just not a great match for me and my life. They offer very little benefits and no opportunity for advancement. The best part of this job is being able to help people that need mental help.
Would not work here
Mental Health Counselor/Targeted Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 6, 2014
Poor pay, poor supervision, low level employees catch the fallout!
Too many bosses and not enough workers.
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLAugust 11, 2014
a new company which barely had enough staff and workers. if you were "in" with management, you did much better. not enough qualified employees.
Positive Work Experience
LPN - Full (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FloridaJune 25, 2014
I truly enjoyed working at Florida Therapy. I had a wonderful group of colleagues.
Working your own schedule
Mental Health Therapist (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 5, 2013
You are able to schedule your appointments for yourself, however; there are no other benefits to this position.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
No benefits
Patient care is the most rewarding part of this company.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 2, 2013
It is most rewarding to be a part of a big picture that allows doctor and therapist to provide mental health services to a countless number of persons from age 5 to 95!

The day is very fast paced, with a constantly changing scene of events. The staff has a very giving heart. They continually mold themselves, polish their skills and strive to be their own leaders. The amount of caring shown by coworkers makes challenges routine and even quite rewarding.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with upper management, who are seldom in the clinic and do not communicate with the staff. This company is structured with the corporate ladder going up and down, rather than side to side.

The most enjoyable part of the job is having a staff that so willingly gives of themselves to make something special happen for our patients.
Pros
interacting with self motivated, caring staff members.
Cons
no pay increases, no communication, no advancement; ever increasing work load. controlling, power-driven upper managers.