Florida Tile Employee Reviews

Could not ask for a better team!
Director (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 24, 2018
My team makes me happy to come to work every day. We laugh a lot and collaborate together really well. They are always there to help when I need anything, and never forget a birthday or anniversary. The company has increased retirement match and Paid Time Off since I've been here. My boss is very flexible to allow me to do my best work and also allow a good work-life balance. It's a great place to work.
Pros
Great Team, Collaborative, Support System, Good Benefits
Great people!
Operator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYOctober 16, 2018
I really enjoy working at Florida Tile. I work for a great manager that that helps me when I need it. The company cares about it's employees. The thing I like most about my job is the people. The benefits are very good though and the pay is fair. I'm really glad I ended up here!
Pros
Free food, t-shirts, good benefits
Good start for younger single people
SENIOR ORDER PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYOctober 15, 2018
People usually stay because of either the overtime, or they can't work anywhere else. Good money if you plan to stay in an apartment the rest of your life. Definitely work there if you don't like raises!
Dead end job
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYAugust 23, 2018
If you dont have a connection, you won't ever move up. Raises are locked....been several years since there were raises. Even when there are raises, you cant get a raise after your first year no matter how hard you work.
Compensation does not match the work
Press Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYAugust 17, 2018
There is no room for advancement at Florida Tile. The work load is not spread evenly, no raises, however the people you work with are great , they are the only reason I'm still there
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
No advancement
Laid Back
Advertisement Production (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYJuly 9, 2018
This company was pretty laid back as long as you did what you were supposed to do. If you came in with an attitude of not caring, they wouldn't care to walk you out the door.
Pros
pot lucks
Cons
people
Good environment
Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 8, 2018
Good place to work, management needs some work though. They have a great product. Also good mission. A typical work started in the office, and then making 5-6 sales calls per day.
Order Desk/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ft.Collins, Co.April 17, 2018
Very fast paced, sometimes stressful. I learned how to multi-task and wear different hats. The culture was very diverse and no one situation was the same and everyday was different.
Most enjoyable part of the job was dealing with customers.
Pros
Celebrating work anniversaries, birthdays, holidays.
Innovative Products
Manufacturer's Representative (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 9, 2018
Great Company and products, not much upward movability if you work at branch locations.

Co-workers and customers are great. Free lunch every Wednesday.
Co-workers were good people
Commercial sales specialits (Former Employee) –  DFW, TXApril 2, 2018
This company would be far more successful and attract excellent sales talent if they would stop micro-managing and beating up on their sales staff. Management's only focus is that they place far too much emphasis on unrealistic sales goals and place way too much pressure on the sales team. Management of this company changes policies at the drop of a hat and panic whenever there is a slight slow down in in-bound sales.
Pros
Good quality products
Cons
Lack of proper product training. Too many layers of sales management
terrible place to work
Electro-Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYMarch 2, 2018
Worked there for eight years before they promoted a guy that had no business being a manager into the maintenance supervisor. Terrible with people before he was promoted and even worse after. Management does not care about you at all all they care about is themselves. If you get in good with management you could do well here until they decide they like someone else better. Don't waste your time talking with hr they are for the managers not there for employees at all just word to the wise run away from this place don't look back don't even hesitate.
Pros
Cons
the whole facility is a con should be shut down completley
You need to be a good multi-tasker
SPECIAL SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYFebruary 9, 2018
Florida Tile is loaded with good people but have the attitude of wanting more for less. The pace to keep up with the rest of the industry wears on you.
Pros
Exciting industry
Cons
Low chance for promotion
You pay all health care premium, with little help by employer. Can buy same plan direct $10 cheaper per month. Raises are cost of living only
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 20, 2017
Health care is provided you pay all premium employer does not. 401k is 99% funded by employee with pitiful match. No advancement ever dont ask or interview it will waste your time. Raises are cost of living raises but labeled as performance raises. Takes a avg of 11 to 12 years to get any decent pay. Only way to promote is to be in the good buddy club and be a yes man. The company trolls its employee every move. Italian ran and constantly breaks osha law and does illegal practice daily. Double standards apply, and there are two sets of rules depending on what your social status in the company is. I could go on but i dont have enough room.
Pros
None factory is terrible heard the same about the warehouse
Cons
Every bad thing a employer could do they will and more.
good place to work
My position as an Electro Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYDecember 19, 2017
Good place to work just really hot. It gets very hot during the summer months and extremely cold during the winter months. The pay is good and the schdule are good.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
managment
high expectations, low reward
Senior order processor (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYDecember 9, 2017
Very little room for
Advancement here. The cronyism and good old buddy system is exactly
What you’d expect
For a midsize company. Just go work somewhere else, believe me.
Pros
It’s a paycheck
Cons
Weak mgmt, poor benefits
Going thru alot of transition
Plant Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYNovember 4, 2017
Florida Tile is overall a good company to work for, with competitive pay and benefits. Currently going through a lot of changes with the implementation of a new software system.
Florida Tile moved to Kentucky
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 17, 2017
Criteria of job was stressful. Data entry was not. Co-workers were easy to work with and very knowledgeable as they were there long before me. each department worked hand in hand with each other.
A great learning experience.
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Elk Grove Village, ILOctober 4, 2017
As my first warehousing job, everyone was great in training me on all of the aspects of warehousing and of the products in a most expeditious and timely manner.
Outside sales representative (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 23, 2017
apply, several locations , great work ethic, good hours, no weekends - great products - team mentallity - fast paced, new experiences everyday- learned is always encouraged.
maintanance
My position as an Electro Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, KYAugust 28, 2017
it was rewarding to fix and repair machines. I learned a lot about electrical prints, power supplies, inverters, the many ways that relays control down stream consent. the different programs that robots can run from.
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
to much for one person to keep up with and do a good job comfortably.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Florida Tile. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about