Flowserve Employee Reviews

Not the best place to advance
Product Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VASeptember 1, 2018
High turnover, little chance of advancement. Great for those who love monotony and where you can be blamed for everything wrong with a 50-year-old product.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
No Advancement
Abusive lead in first shift, stressful but nice company
Assembler/Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 1, 2018
Abusive management, abusive leads specially in 1st shift ( harassment, discrimination ,bad attitude , unfair treatment ) . manager not listening to your complain.
Pros
Lenient on time off
Cons
Abusive leads using there position
It is working towards being a good company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 29, 2018
I loved it when I started. I still believe in the company as a whole. They are working toward establishing a consistent culture. Hopefully they will get good people in the right positions to make this happen.
long hours lots of stress
Production Planner (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 25, 2018
long hours lots of stress pay and benefits out way these there is a lot of turnaround at the Raleigh facility due to the average age of employees retiring. also there is allot of family working together in other words fathers sons sisters uncles etc yo get the idea.
Pros
beneifits
Okay place to work
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTAugust 20, 2018
With every job you have your ups and downs. This one seems to have a lot more downs until you find the right person who can explain the process to you. It can be very stressful at times and very rewarding at others.
Pros
Good Benefits, friendly people.
Cons
Short Lunch, long hours during end of month.
Work hard and get paid well
PRODUCTION MANAGER (ACTING) (Current Employee) –  Clarks Summit, PAAugust 16, 2018
FLS is a company in flux. As a manufacturer, they're having trouble as the "old guard" who knew the products inside and out are retiring and people with more soft skills are coming in. Also as a manufacturer, they're feeling the pain of a lack of interest from the younger generations in terms of the trades. Very few parents send their kids to machining school these days. Because upper management is so far away from these daily struggles, they rely on metrics and KPIs to judge performance rather than understanding and working to correct these issues.
Pros
Large company, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, high emphasis on metrics
Production driven. Important to get orders out on time.
Wax Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHAugust 15, 2018
Each day you would sort orders in accordance with due dates and you needed to get them done and out as quickly as possible. I learned how to use paperwork to track parts. Management weren't micro-managers, they instead allowed you to be self motivated as long as your department didn't fall behind. I would have liked to see more women on the job. I can't think of a hard part.The most enjoyable were the friendships that were developed on the job.
Pros
While there I learned skills that I would otherwise never have had opportunity.
Cons
Our foundry was closed.
Benefits are good, but culture is poor.
Planning (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXAugust 15, 2018
Management should spend more time listening to employees than in meetings. Promotions given to those that have been here longer rather than those that deserve them.
Benefits
Fast paced work environment
Cost Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Taneytown, MDAugust 13, 2018
Overall rating is 3/5. Good job work/life balance. Compensation was a little low, excellent benefits. No advancement opportunities. Management was very difficult to work with.
Relaxed but Productive Environment
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 7, 2018
Although you have daily/monthly deadlines/goals, working at Flowserve is very easy going. It's not your average someone breathing down your back factory. Fast paced but quality over quantity as well as safety is ALWAYS preached. I would most definitely recommend working here!
Ill managed
Class A welder (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 27, 2018
The people I worked with were great but the shop manager was way over his head. Quantity over quality. He told me it didn't matter what the weld looked like as long as I could get it out the door.
Pros
Clean facility
Poor place to work
Project Manager, Industrial Pump Division (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 18, 2018
Business is poorly managed and needs to update business systems and technology. Management "expects" work to get processed and get done regardless of work load and number of employees.
Pros
Alot of free food and cookouts.
Cons
Micromanagement, poor work-life balance, no structured mentor program, no tactical strategy or planning to execute work.
Loved my work
Senior Accounts Payable Technician (Former Employee) –  Phillipsburg, NJJuly 17, 2018
I had an awesome time in accounting - both in cost and payables. Work was full-filling and rewarding. Overtime was part of the job, but I didn't mind. It helped me take care of my family.
A job one wished one could do more.
Expeditor (Former Employee) –  Taneytown, MD 21787July 13, 2018
I was not able to get around the casting quality issues from our asian suppliers. This impeded any headway made with other suppliers. This is all that can be said in this matter.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
Asian casting companies quality.
Interesting work but advancement is difficult
Senior Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2018
As of 2018, the entire C-level suite has been replaced in the past 9 months. Any review I can give is outdated. The new CEO, CFO, and CIO are trying to right the ship however they have a large task set out for them and one of their first steps is to cut staff. Time will tell if they succeed.
Pros
Salaries and benefits are decent.
Cons
Bonus payout has fallen very short for past 3 years.
Very nice working environment
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2018
They truly have an open doors policy. You can approach your supervisor/manager and discuss your ideas with them. Very open to listen ideas on how to improve processes.
NOT a good company to work for. NOT people oriented
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2018
Very poor management all around; negative culture; no bonuses in several years; no salary increases for anyone except executives. They rarely, if ever, promote from within.
Pros
Cons
Not worth the trouble to work here
Not terrible, but..
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 23, 2018
Worked here for 7 or 8 months on a contract to hire. I worked in the dock area pretty much just receiving, scanning in, and putting away inventory. I worked with four or five other people also contracters. Not a bad place to work, but there was some culture of HAVING to work overtime or you were look less upon. Which was bad for me because I was also attending school. I wasn't going to put school on the back burner while I was still pretty much a temp, I would have if I was hired, which never happened. Long story short, they started hiring newbies full time positions rather than the temps that were already there and knew what they were doing. Shortly after whoever the guy was above our manager said he had to lay one of us off. I volunteered. I was like the only one without kids and/or married. Plus after being there so long, I had no reason to believe they were ever going to hire me. Wasn't going to sit there and just rot away. For a better job soon after. So beware of employment agencies and the people they send you to if you are a vet, which most of us were, you are just a tax credit to them.
Pros
Decent pay. Short breaks. Overtime if you want.
Cons
Several bad workplace cultures.
Very good pay
Precision Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 19, 2018
The job is stressful toward the end of the month. The pay is better than most places around. The benefits aren't too bad either. Management is decent.
Enjoyable part about the job
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 18, 2018
I was selected to Flowserve on a rotational program which included 6 months of rotating thru 4 different roles - R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing and Design for mechanical seals. I then moved to the Flowserve pump business as an Applications Engineer for 2.5 years and then promoted to Sales Engineer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flowserve. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight