Flowserve

Flowserve Employee Reviews

United States557 reviews

Found 557 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,063 reviews
pumpvalvemanufacturingmachinistengineernuclearmachinesafety

Great place to work! Great benefits as well!

Featured review

Flowserve selected this as a representative review
Overall Flowserve is a great company to work for! They treat their employees well and everyone works together as a team! Great culture!They have very good training programs that allow you to continuously learn and get better at your job.There is a lot of opportunity to grow and move up in the company. They have strong benefits all the way around which is very nice.Highly recommend working for Flowserve!

Excelente

En venezuela es una excelente empresa todos los trabajadores pueden avanzar y prosperar junto a su familia

Pros

Todas la oportunidades posibles y todos los beneficios

Cons

Ninguno muy buena empresa

Flowserve insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

Good benefits

Very good benefits and pay. Older facility that is slowly being remodeled. Alot of great people working and has served alot of people well for many of years

Meh has better jobs

At the core levels family first is the approach but from what I see is if you have family you get hired if you don’t 6_12 months hired from temp safety huge unless you anther shift other then 1 st. Ppe machines don’t work for every one an those with access leave early. Supervision is meh they let those they have favoritism get away with picking what they wanna work while others have to work 8 hrs on the assigned shift family of family tend to be hired faster and then other have to wait regardless of start time.

Very accommodating to employees' family needs and Family oriented environment

Seniority among employees are highly expressed but management balance the overall growth of individual by equipping newbie with needed skills and experience to be able to address the demand and continued expansion of the site.

Not a place to advance your skills

Most Managers only care about themselves. Once put by not a place, the only advancement is if you know someone. Years of service meaning nothing and loyalty is nil. Benefits are great but at times it seems not to be worth the headache. Some in charge of production have never operated a machine in their live’s.

A supportive and engaging place to work for 20+ years

I started working for Flowserve as an intern in 1999 and have been with them my whole career. I've worked for good people at every stop and have had a lot of different jobs. I've not been limited by my degree and have gotten involved in many different aspects outside of engineering. The company and management treat people well. You are always supported in your decisions.

Horrible work environment biased management

Management couldn’t manage a smoothie king they don’t promote within unless your in the movida fighting club they won’t hesitate to play on your intelligence and lie to employees as they lie to the customers which make the on time delivery rate horrible while they still collect huge bonuses and the workforce gets pennies

Good place

Flowserve was a good place to work as long as your not in corporate office. There was not alot ofvwork life balance and you were looked at when you came in every morning and left every night.

Pros

Compensation

Cons

Corporate cut throat, no work life balance

The people I work with daily are amazing!

The people I work with on a daily basis are amazing. They come to work and try their best to do whatever their role is. We can challenge each other and have a good time working.

Working around really smart people

Management is really supportive of business and personal requests.The company has flexible work arrangements and work-from-home options.Great team collaboration.

Excellent

Great place to work. Opportunity for advancement and career development. Nice clean safe work areas. Parts Manufacturing Center is centrally located in Houston. Great group of people working here.

Productive workplace making the world cleaner one pump at a time.

Purposeful work with responsive management. Great education resources available to become a master of your craft. Experienced senior talent is willing to help. Best part of the job is solving problems with an innovative product.

Pros

Remote work, pension plan, annual bonus, healthcare, 401k match

Cons

Lean team but that is changing

Hard to get anywhere. Great if you just want a job and a paycheck.

Head knowledge is rewarded rather than hard work. The laziest people get promoted and they roll anyone who is a threat to their con or who works harder than they do. Everyone has the, "That's not my job" mentality and refuse to step outside their own job to lend a other person a hand. So their's a lot of standing, sitting, and chatting going on. My coworkers all hated Unions, but they all acted like they worked for one.

Pros

Employee safety a priority. Decent pay.

Cons

Hard to advance. Too many meetings that hamper productivity.

Friendly colleagues, nice atmosphere, clear tasks to be performed.

Friendly colleagues, nice atmosphere, clear tasks to be performed. Systematically received remuneration, clear benefits. Annually defined promotional system.

Forward-thinking management team from executive to local site levels

I rate jobs simply: does management make my life more difficult, or do they clear away obstacles so that I can get my job done better than I could have alone? My experience at Flowserve is that management is in my corner and is constantly improving my work life. Work/life balance is also excellent, and compensation is above average.

There are so many wonderful things about working for this company

I am so blessed that I have amazing people around me. The best about this Company are below .1.There is room for growth2.There is open collaboration between everyone3.The leadership is honest, approachable and fair

Negative environment

The arrogance, ignorance and lack of decency of corporate management is quite profound.The HR and legal departments are so derelict performing their duties as would be expected can only be described as Ghastly. Along with quite easily being taken as fool's in a shift leaders scheme.The ethics and conduct policy is a complete fantasy. Integrity and accountability is non-existent at management level.

Pros

Good wage and benefits

Cons

Threats, intimidation, gossip, lies

Overall an ok company to work for with good work/life balance and flexibility

Overall Flowserve is a good place to work with average pay and benefits, good flexibility, and a good work/life balance. The culture and management seems to be driven by the bottom line and by the shareholders to achieve financial success above all else and employees can suffer for it. The safety culture is very strong here, which is a good thing overall but can feel overbearing at times. In the engineering department there is lack of role clarity due to reorganization.

Pros

Work/life balance, benefits, good people

Cons

Lack of understanding and support in management.

Alright place to work

Pays not bad for the area, but some of the workers are annoying and want to watch every move you make. I guess every job has them type of people. Some people are cool and good to work with as most are just for themselves. Not a bad place to work if you keep to yourself.

Pros

Pay and benefits

Cons

Some people are rats!

so-so work environment.

If you love micromanagement, go work here! The management will NOT give you adequate training but then you are expected to perform, hit unforseen deadlines and held accountable when THEY did not train you or clarify what is needed.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Minimal training and unclear deadlines, management is a joke

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flowserve. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

2.1
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.5Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight