Flowserve
66Average

Flowserve Employee Reviews

United States458 reviews
Good but not great
Alright if u like to work crazy hours . Also there are way to many cooks In the kitchen, sometime you'll get an answer other times it s I don't know or that's not my job
Highschool environment
First of all management is a joke here. They all look down on you. The work environment is like being in high school again. The amount of gossiping that goes on with grown men is pathetic. Safety is secondary and they should drug test their employees often.
Well paying company when there isn't a pandemic
I enjoyed working in the manufacturing environment. I felt like a valued employee in the role I played there. I learned a great deal about the company and fell that I made a positive contribution while there.
Large Global manufacturing footprint
a company that provided opportunity to be a key contributor and solve business related issues. Hardest part is the management divisions and working through a extensive network of company silos.
challenging and dynamic work place
Flowserve has undergone a lot of change and the executive level. The CEO has 3 years and the CFO just a few months. The CFO position has seen a lot of turnover in the past 10 years. They are 3 years into a Flowserve 2.0 transformation that is trying to achieve more standardization across many manufacturing facilities.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Heavily tied to the oil and gas industry
Flowserve was a good place to work at while the oil and gas industry was performing well. Once the price of oil started to fall, so did Flowserve profits and the lay-offs began.
Great Company, Excellent Collaborative Culture and top notch people to work with
Flowserve is a great place to work. The people there are the most innovative I have worked with in quite some time. The teams are transparent, focused and strategic in achieving their goals collaboratively with a sense of purpose in all they do.
A World wide pump manufacturer.
This factory has had multiple owners and changes over 37 years. Flowserve's changes have both positive and negative affects depending on your monetary point of view.
Pros
Reasonable health care. and Makes the best pumps in the world. Maintains a great break room.
Cons
Not a great opportunity for long term employment and advancement.
Great culture, in a company that cares for its people and its customers.
Excellent company to work for. Management really cares about its people and is very visible and interactive with the entire workforce. Everyone is on a first name basis. I spent 5 years there and really enjoyed my time my time with them!
A paycheck
Horrible management your just a number which makes for a long day. The pmc I worked at hired a production supervisor that couldn’t read a blueprint. Many false promises on raises ect. Best part of job was paid vacations holidays and safety
great job
Only leaving due to relocation. loved this job. great hours, good benefits, good management. worked here for 8 years. great client reviews, great references.
Good place to work frienly people and a good managerial team
Working hours are great.along with remote access to anything.my position was an import role.
Low stress
Jobs are pretty low stress and as long as you get your work done there isn't much expectation to always be on the clock. Obviously this comes and goes as deadlines pass.
good place to work, dead end job
I love working here, but at times you feel trapped, there is a lot of promise of advancement, but you'll never see it. When you're doing a good job Management does an amazing job of letting you know, but when you're not its a very difficult work environment.
3 Stars
I Can Only Speak For The Sulphur Spring Texas Facility They Lay Every
On Off Way to much But Every One I Worked With Was Great

The Lead Men There Trained People Very well It Would Have Been

A Place I Would Of Liked To Retire From Wished I Could Have Stayed
Growing and evolving global company
Stable company; global opportunity; relocation opportunities; corporate perks and employee engagement; challenging on boarding; improvement needed on training
Difficult work environment for minorities
I gained valuable experience; however, it was by far the worst work environment I have ever experienced. Diversity and inclusion with regards to staff positions was a rarity. Extreme distrust of management. Big disparity between minority and non-minority promotions based on ethnicity and race.
Used to be great place to work until they most of machining overseas
Used to be great place to work, Long hours, good money for small town.
Most of the machining went overseas and things have gotten very slow.

Do have some good people working there though.
Always Fire Fighting
No matter what day it is, no matter how caught up you think you will get, you are always fire fighting. The reason.... no one fixed the root of any problem. It’s very reactive. Put the band aid on it and keep production going. Never fix the real problem. And continue this cycle of being late to our customer, never fixing anything, and making employees extremely stressed out.
Pros
Super easy job. Pay is ok.
Cons
Fire fighting. All. The. Time.
Great
I walked into this company and was received like family. I was appreciated from the first day. I was invited to go for a morning walk and included in groups going out for lunch. I couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to work with. This company is extremely adaptable to everyone's needs. The work culture is great and rewards to employees are endless. I looked forward to work every day and had to drive an hour to and back from work every day.
Nice equipment,clean, decent pay
A good job with nice equipment that is micro managed to the point it ruins everything. Promotions are done by who you know and who's friend you are, not by experience or hard work. Leading to incompetent people in lead positions not knowing the capabilities of equipment and people, leading to the higher skilled people leaving. Management takes no criticism in any way without retaliating.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flowserve. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.1
InHerSight Score
1.7Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.2Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight