Flowserve Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Interesting work but advancement is difficult
Senior Information Technology Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2018
As of 2018, the entire C-level suite has been replaced in the past 9 months. Any review I can give is outdated. The new CEO, CFO, and CIO are trying to right the ship however they have a large task set out for them and one of their first steps is to cut staff. Time will tell if they succeed.
Pros
Salaries and benefits are decent.
Cons
Bonus payout has fallen very short for past 3 years.
Very nice working environment
Payroll Analyst (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 2, 2018
They truly have an open doors policy. You can approach your supervisor/manager and discuss your ideas with them. Very open to listen ideas on how to improve processes.
NOT a good company to work for. NOT people oriented
Senior Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 27, 2018
Very poor management all around; negative culture; no bonuses in several years; no salary increases for anyone except executives. They rarely, if ever, promote from within.
Pros
Cons
Not worth the trouble to work here
Not terrible, but..
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 23, 2018
Worked here for 7 or 8 months on a contract to hire. I worked in the dock area pretty much just receiving, scanning in, and putting away inventory. I worked with four or five other people also contracters. Not a bad place to work, but there was some culture of HAVING to work overtime or you were look less upon. Which was bad for me because I was also attending school. I wasn't going to put school on the back burner while I was still pretty much a temp, I would have if I was hired, which never happened. Long story short, they started hiring newbies full time positions rather than the temps that were already there and knew what they were doing. Shortly after whoever the guy was above our manager said he had to lay one of us off. I volunteered. I was like the only one without kids and/or married. Plus after being there so long, I had no reason to believe they were ever going to hire me. Wasn't going to sit there and just rot away. For a better job soon after. So beware of employment agencies and the people they send you to if you are a vet, which most of us were, you are just a tax credit to them.
Pros
Decent pay. Short breaks. Overtime if you want.
Cons
Several bad workplace cultures.
Very good pay
Precision Assembler (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJune 19, 2018
The job is stressful toward the end of the month. The pay is better than most places around. The benefits aren't too bad either. Management is decent.
Enjoyable part about the job
Senior Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 18, 2018
I was selected to Flowserve on a rotational program which included 6 months of rotating thru 4 different roles - R&D, Engineering, Manufacturing and Design for mechanical seals. I then moved to the Flowserve pump business as an Applications Engineer for 2.5 years and then promoted to Sales Engineer.
Downward spiral, leaving bodies in their wake.
Assistant to President, Seal Operations (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 17, 2018
Flowserve grew too fast to keep the quality intact. The Gas and Oil market failing in 2009, and desperate attempts to correct general business approach through management restructuring has left Flowserve in a downward spiral. They are a business, they take steps they seem necessary to stay in business, and the devil with "our employees are our most important asset"
Decent company to start your career with good starting pay.
Applications Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 14, 2018
Starting out as Applications Engineer it's good pay but after a few years there is no incentives to move up or career guides provided by management. Office environment is very good but the work load can get stressful.
Pros
Excercise room, sometimes free lunches.
Cons
No clear plans for career growth, no incentives for growth.
Preferred to promote Engineers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 29, 2018
Not enough promotion opportunity for non engineer workers. Not many benefits, non health related benefits. No room to grow, very little non engineer training available.
Pros
health benefits are responsible but high deductible and out of pocket/co-pays.
Cons
not many perks or opportunity to achieve goals
Great People in this company
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Estado de MexicoMay 29, 2018
The most exciting thing of this company is the workplace culture, There are extraordinary people that always help you to make you grow as a person and as a team.
Good place to work if you know how to play politics
Applications Engineer (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTMay 18, 2018
I've got varying opinions on Flowserve. There are a lot of good people, but the management is very cut-throat. They need to value their employees more. Based on my personal experience, they tend to put you in a box and squeeze as much time and life from you as you are willing to give.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Bad management. Poor career path. Back-stabbing managers
Great place to work, quite the learning curve though.
MECHANICAL DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 24, 2018
When the petroleum industry is booming there is lots of work. When the petroleum industry is slow, we are slow. Kalamazoo operations is the North American custom seal design hub, it has manufacturing, assembly, Research and development, and testing. You can wear many "hats" at this location, or not, it's up to you. This place is a constant challenge with lots of opportunities to grow, personally and professionally. 98% of the people you work with are cool.
Pros
Once hired and trained, you can go almost anywhere in the world
Cons
Management doesn't know how to do your job.
An great place to work
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Deer Park, TXApril 20, 2018
The experience was an awesome one. Had they not transferred their accounting department overseas I would have love to spend my remaining working years there.
the culture here needs a complete purging
machinist (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIApril 20, 2018
find somewhere else to work, life is too short! If you like to polish rear ends this is the place for you. Skills mean nothing and the raises are meaningless. there was always some excuse to stop your bonus
Pros
it paid the bills
Cons
too many to list
Management and union undermine work ethics
Shop floor employee (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAApril 16, 2018
Horrible place to work if you actually work. If you are lazy and don't care about doing your job right, this is the perfect place for you. Management punishes the hard workers while the union allows them to. Union officials will protect the lazy people at all costs. People tend to play the race card quite a bit here too. Does not make for a very productive environment. Routinely scheduled 50 to 60 hours a week to correct other workers mistakes while they get their weekends off. No work and life balance. There is no chain of command to correct any of these problems. Management pretty much looks out for their bonuses and not running the business in a fair or profitable way.
Pros
No travel
Cons
Over worked, no personal life, union
High Stress
International Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNApril 15, 2018
Corporate management continued to make changes that were detrimental to the success of the company as a manufacturer. As business declined, staff was cut several times. This increased the chances of failure for meeting goals. In the end, I was one of the staff that was cut in the name of saving company money.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Too hard to meet goals for decent raises.
High demand and challenging place to work
Stockroom Associate (Current Employee) –  Springville, UTApril 10, 2018
Full plate of work and maybe more
Upper management lacking concern for those that work for them
Often asked to "make it work" in the conditions given while being asked how to make things better.
Favoritism is a problem, promotions go to who you know and not from within like they say they do.

Benefits are very good. Paid holidays and rarely work weekends. Pay is sub par. Usually plenty of overtime to be had. Most managers are willing to be flexible with hours when necessary.
Lots of learning opportunity
Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Taneytown, MDApril 6, 2018
Application engineers review client spec, datasheet, and generate pump quotes based on these. There were lots of learning opportunity within the company and people were nice and willing to help each other.
Pros
working culture was nice
Cons
bad location
A changing company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 2, 2018
Company is in the process of building a new executive team which provided a very challenging work environment. Typical day for me started at 6:30 am throught 6:30 pm. Learned a ton about database development, requirements gathering, Q&A testing, cloud environments. Hardest part of the job was navigating the management culture (constantly evolving due to building new executive team and management teams). Most enjoyable was working with the individual contributors who had a can do attitude despite the management challenges.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Executive team changes and management changes
Death by chaos
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rancho Dominguez, CAMarch 26, 2018
Poor management leads to late projects, impossible deadlines and ungodly working hours. Don't be surprised if you are asked or forced to compromise your integrity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Flowserve. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.9Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight