Floyd's 99 Barbershop Employee Reviews

Great entry to mid level employer for Barbers and Cosmetologists.
Barber (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 6, 2019
Floyd's 99 Barbershop is a great place for young to middle age hip (ish )Stylists and Barbers to really get into their craft. We are a motley , salt of the earth group of working tradesmen and as such must develop work ethics while mixing with functioning business people. Floyd's provides the setting , it's actually work , and sometimes it's fun.
Management is typically promoted from within , so shenanigans don't make to much sense after a time. They offer reasonable healthcare coverage with group pricing structures depending on if it;s a corporate or franchise shop.
For those with the wherewithal to work for what they have , and actually have something worth having they're a great entry to mid level employer.
Front Desk
Front Desk Coordinator/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 31, 2019
Busy barbershop in Back Bay. Appeals to the college crowd. Not a very professional atmosphere. It has been a long time since I have worked here so things may have changed.
Good experience
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMarch 24, 2019
Loved working for the company and hoping to return back with them. Good experience good networking connections. Pay is good plus tips list of ways to make some good money
Very Fast Paced
Barber (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2019
Very Fast Paced you must be able to do extremely nice haircut int a short amount of time at least 15 mins tops, But if you managed to get a hang of the work speed, you can capitalize from customer tips.
fun co workers
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2019
very fast paced environment. a lot of multitasking. coworkers are the best part about my job. job isn't too hard its just a lot of stress to juggle at once.
Great for advancement
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 11, 2019
Started as a stylist and worked my way up the chain!! Great company, culture and they care about their employees. You have opportunities to move into management or education with Floyd's.
Great place to get started
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Mission Valley, CAFebruary 4, 2019
Management is great, hours are pretty good, its a very relaxed environment . The product we use is top of the line. The clients are overall very nice.
Pros
Overall great place
Cons
It’s slow
Upbeat and trendy workplace
Master Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAFebruary 2, 2019
The culture at Floyd’s was very fun. The mangers were always very motivating and gave tips on how to improve number, which in turn helped everyone in the company. They have great heath and 401k benefits. I enjoyed my time working here but soon realized that my growth had stopped.
Pros
Fun, fast paced, great salary
Cons
No room for growth
Good place to start
Barber (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 12, 2018
High volume clientele
They provide in house paid education
Management needs to be worked on
Co-workers are well rounded in all aspects of the industry
Hardest part is keeping up with the more experienced barbers and stylist
Absolutley do not work here
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXDecember 3, 2018
I have worked in customer service a long time. I've worked in bars. And I have never, never, never been disrespected at a job like I have here. Absolutely disgusting. Sexist. And no one cares. I got chased out of the back room because I finally got fed up with one of the barbers moaning every time I bent over, and my manager could care less. I was working 55+ hour weeks because they couldn't get their stuff together. Trash
fun environment
Assistant Manager/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 29, 2018
loved working for this company and enjoyed the owners!
you get to be yourself and dress how you like!
learn a lot on the job
popular place to get a cut
Pros
fun music and team
Cons
lunches could be longer
Amazing upbeat place of employment
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO 80202November 7, 2018
I work at the floyd's downtown off the 16th st mall and we are always slammed. I make great tips and I always hit commission. You can really make a great amount of money if you are willing to work hard for it. I love all the different type of clientele we get. Due to our location we get a ton of clientele from all over the world and I find that to be awesome. We listen to the music loud, we have a rock and roll feel. Everyone is upbeat and awesome to work with including our receptionist and management team! Go Floyd's!
Pros
discounts for friends and family and ourselves, easy to get needed days off
Cons
not everyone is forced to work as hard as others
Run!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDNovember 7, 2018
This company is disgusting! They pay you pennies. even if you make your commission quota they still take extra fees from every service you do.
The management is AWFUL! And when you complain to HR about the vile things the woman says and does your then bullied into quitting or transferring to a different shop
They will do everything in their power to make sure you do don’t gain a full book. IE: telling your clients your fully booked when you aren’t. Then scheduling them with someone else!
Just know you will do so much better and be so much happier working else where
Pros
Continued education
Floyds Rockin Barbershop, where the people are snowflakes
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 15, 2018
Very disappointing to see how the work culture really is. This was a very unprofessional environment, which is ironic since hypersensitivity is a major trend. This company culture isn’t above fabricating reasons to get rid of talent that seems threatening. No integrity, poor treatment and a bunch of spineless jerks who manage it.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Toxic, boys locker room, poor management
nothing
Client Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 8, 2018
I was overworked. I don't blame the company more so the manager of this location. I enjoyed working for the company itself the manager made it hard to work in a stress free environment.
Management is inconsistent and incompetent
Customer Service Trainer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDSeptember 25, 2018
In my years at Floyd’s I’ve watched it slowly fall into disarray. It’s become a poorly managed place where good people are pushed out. The work environment is hostile.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Manager
Busy place
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 17, 2018
Great atmosphere with LOUD music, unfortunately just not sufficient pay for an adult who lives alone. Fantastic crew to work with everyday. Hardest part is schedule never stays the same
Pros
atmosphere, co-workers are AWESOME PEOPLE!
Cons
Pay, sporadic schedule
Horrible franchise owner
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Longmont, COSeptember 9, 2018
Owner does not care about employees, it’s really sad, you would think he would know that the employees are the reason the business survives. The stylist and barbers all make different commissions, two stylist that have been there the same amount of time will make completely different pay. Management always gives excuses why you don’t get a raise. The turnover is unbelievable. It’s not the job or atmosphere of Floyd’s, that is awesome, it’s the lack of appreciation by the owner and management. Raises and reviews are non existent, and owner could care less about his employees or there well being when it comes to their income or even a thank you for your work, would not recommend working for a franchise Floyd’s. There is no life/work balance. They just burn you out and work you to the ground.
Fast paced, cool vibe
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Park Ridge, ILAugust 20, 2018
Floyd's Barbershop is a really cool place to work, and a really cool place to go and get your hair cut. The vibe is really upbeat and the music posters on the walls add a lot to the rock and roll aesthetic of the company. The management and team work is very good here.
Cool idea. Terrible company
Stylist,assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNAugust 19, 2018
The comcept of Floyds 99 is pretty cool. Let’s be honest, it’s barely a step up from great Clips. This is a poorly run company. The high turnover rate speaks volumes.
Pros
The clientele is solid.
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, toxic work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Floyd's 99 Barbershop. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight