Floyd Medical Center Employee Reviews

Transporter/CNA (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 20, 2018
Transport patients throughout the hospital for admittance, release, x-ray, dialysis, surgery and other areas in a safe manner. Assist in all hospital departments including Emergency Care Center and render first aid or BLS if needed.
Pros
Hospital Care for Patients
Cons
No advancement, training, or tuition reimbursement approved
overall great place to work
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 13, 2018
My most enjoyable moments at Floyd is making sure our number one customer needs are met the Physician and the patients. The management staff could use a little more diversity training.
Pros
Paid Time Off
Cons
Micromanagement
Overall pleasant place to work
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Summerville, GAJuly 10, 2018
In order to advance, I have to leave my job and go back to college, which is my choice Without a specific certification, there is nowhere to go. However, this is not the fault of Floyd. It's just job requirements. Floyd is an awesome place to work. It is employee friendly. A typical day at my workplace is busy, but my co-workers and supervisor are very supportive, It's just an overall pleasant place to work. I hope to return to Floyd when I finish school.
Pros
Supportive environment
Cons
salary
Co-workers are the best part of the organizaion
Utilization Review Nurse/ Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 5, 2018
A typical day at work involves getting the worklist prepared, then set priorities as to the tasks at hand, many discharge planning meetings every day, chart reviews, documentation of criteria. We were not adequately compensated for our salaried positions- no compensation time allowed. Average work week was 55 hours per week.
Pros
Excellent co-workers
Cons
Terrible healthcare insurance benefits
Floyd
REGISTERED NURSE MED/SURG (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 22, 2018
Floyd is a public hospital and is located in Rome GA and surrounding areas. Working for Floyd has it's ups and downs. It's a great work environment and the structure of management is great. However the benefits and insurance are well below industry standards in my opinion. It is also a high stress job with 5/1 nurse patient ratios.
Overall good place to work.
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 14, 2018
Busy clinical setting. Clinical patient care, clerical office duties, answering phones and calling patient with test results, and stocking and cleaning patient exam rooms.
Cons
Overworked and under paid.
Fmc
Coding Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 8, 2018
You work by yourself at home. Cool place to work. Pay okay. I enjoy my job because I work from home with little to no supervisor over me. The hardest part of my job is not being around anyone.
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJune 1, 2018
supportive positive environment that encourages professional and personal growth. a leader in healthcare with a focus on quality and highest standards of care
Provides a great working team environment
Registered Nurse, Oncology Unit (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 29, 2018
Floyd Medical Center provides additional leaning experiences for employees, opportunities for advancement and transfers to different areas. Great working environment with team focus.
Great hospital to work for
Staff Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Bariatric floorMay 24, 2018
I loved the culture, pay and layout of floor I worked on. I only quit because it was too far for me to travel. I hated to quit this hospital and can't go back.
Pros
Good pay, nice employees.
Cons
Too far from home.
good place to work
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMay 23, 2018
Floyd medical center is a good place to work. They truly care about the patients. They are short staffed a lot which is typical for most nursing jobs right now. This leads to longer hours, call-ins, and larger patient load. FMC is a teaching hospital and level II trauma center which gets trauma patients from the 5 surrounding counties. New nurses come here to get a lot of experience quickly.
Be ready to learn fast
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 10, 2018
This Company is a high speed low drag environment. Most older medics/emts here stay because of the money. Busiest service in out region by far. New out of school students need to start somewhere like here to see if they were made for the business.
Pros
High Pay
Cons
Extremely Busy
Floyd Employment
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 14, 2018
Floyd was a great experience and I had the support of C-Suite on down for the clinical projects I managed.

I started at Floyd as a consultant and was offered a full-time position at the end of the contract term.

The negotiation of compensation did not cover all expenses and put me in a deficit.
Pros
Excellent team support
Cons
compensation
Good job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 13, 2018
Really enjoy working at FMC. Great environment, great coworkers, great pay and raises. Management could use improvement but overall supportive. Supplies are always available and someone always can find an answer for questions.
Business Applications Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAMarch 4, 2018
Great place to work. Great people and a good place to learn and get exposed to many technologies. Great culture and benefits and can't say enough about the people (Great!).
RNs and MDs Love it.
Medical Laboratory Scientist (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 16, 2018
Floyd treats Nursing staff and Physicians wonderfully, most who fall into those two categories love their job and the people they work with. Yearly bonuses are a plus and come with year end reviews.
Pros
Non-Profit Hospital, Lots of Discounts, Cafeteria is good and cheap, Hospital is close to other resturants
Fun place
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAFebruary 5, 2018
I worked here many years ago as a CNA. I worked here for 5 years and never knew what my day would consist of. I loved my patients and loved making them feel better
Excellent support from managment
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cedartown, GAJanuary 30, 2018
I worked for a indigent clinic that was taken over by Floyd Medical Center and then closed. It was a great learning experience being a new nurse practitioner. I was able to provide care to a lot of different people that normally they would not have been able to receive.
Pros
Great first job
Cons
Was not a permanent position.
Very competitive workplace
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 9, 2018
Very competitive workplace with job security environment issues.
Would recommend Floyd if environment changes with more cultural attention to diversity.
Pros
Benefits exellent
Cons
lack of job security
Learning experience
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAJanuary 3, 2018
I love my job at Floyd but after almost three years it has wore me out. It is very fast paced and you have to be able to multitask. Everyday it completely different.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Floyd Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Floyd Medical Center Reviews by Location