FLSmidth Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 13, 2018
I'm very happy working at FLS, good salary, good benefits, good work/life balance and good people.
I have never worked in such a friendly place like this.
There is respect, accountability, trust and efficiency.
You start with 3 weeks PTO, great health and life insurance, dental, visual, 401K with great company match.
It is a very multicultural place, which I love.
Pros
Cons
Re-organizational changes. I think they chose the worst way to handle the reorganization.
Welder (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAMay 25, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. Even though traveled alot and was away from home. A good work place. Also a lot with this company. I recommend any one
Cons
Traveling
State of art machinery. New prep lab I helped set up.
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTMay 19, 2018
very good company. Learned alot about the mining industry and used my chemistry lab skills when needed. learned some of the techniques use in deciding where to mine and what to avoid
Pros
free drinks- cafeteria
Cons
contract came to an end.
Company to growth
Distric Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  panamaApril 27, 2018
I have work for more than 10 year, great team work, and mostly I've been oversea, is a great opp to mix culture and work.

however is a company who does not involve families.
Stressful work environment and horrible for your health
Journeyman (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaApril 23, 2018
I didn't mind traveling to different States, But the time off in between jobs was a killer It was just too sporadic and I'm looking for something with a more set schedule.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Heights, health hazards, extreme heat.
Working at FlSmidth
Welder (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TN 37601March 29, 2018
Before it was FlSmidth it was decanter and was a wonderful place to work and so was FlSmidth but they didn't care about there employees like Decanter did and so I was laid off when they took the company over. Even though this happened it was still a great job with awesome employees and had great benefits.
great place
Production Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 27, 2018
great over all company. Only issue was with the mid shift production manager. He's no longer with the company. Thankfully. Would love to return to work for them.
Pros
great company. all benefits available
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Roebuck, SCMarch 7, 2018
I work for FLSmidth for a many years before they moved. Best insurance and good pay. The work culture is great and you get to machine very large parts.
Understanding mangement
Engineering Support / Technical sales (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 27, 2018
Management is willing to help you the best way they can, by listening or teaching you what you need to know. I would strongly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a job or a career.
Pros
Initial paid time off.
Cons
Sometimes really slow paced.
This was a good company when I worked there
Project Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTFebruary 25, 2018
I really have nothing to say. FLS is a competitor to WesTech. I enjoyed working there but the group I worked in was unorganized and my supervisor was not very supportive
Enjoyed working
Lead Structural Designer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 21, 2018
FL Smidth provides one of the nicest office environments I have ever been afforded. The work environment is professional and collaborative. Fellow co-workers are competent, well-qualified, and professional (great hiring and vetting practices). Makes working there fun and enjoyable.
Pros
Great environment for getting [good] work done.
Cons
very little guidance to new people
Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 30, 2018
No encouragement from upper management. Lay people off every year with turns in their core markets. Some nice people, but little communications between divisions. Learned how cement and minerals plants are operated.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No employee development, little to no communications
Working with customers
Field Service/Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  Post Falls, IDJanuary 23, 2018
Being a Field Service Engineer I am the customer facing team member of FLSmidth. This can be challenging when the customer has had a bad or poor experience. Since I am often alone in the field I must do my best to inspire confidence in customer, win his trust and win his business. This can also be very rewarding when the customer has had a poor experience with the company and I can manage to change their mind. I have always tried my best to please the customers I meet and give them great Customer Service.

Sometimes, because this is a large world wide company, I don't have control of how the customer is handled after I have passed them off to the next team (sales, engineering, etc.) I often need to follow up and "prod" those groups into keeping in contact with and getting the customers needs addressed in a timely manner. This can be very frustrating at times.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Trying to please everyone.
OK place to work
Electro-Mechanical Field Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 16, 2018
Not bad of a place to work, but there is lack of leadership and a lot of who you know not what you know happening. A lot of the employees have there own agenda.
Product Designer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJanuary 4, 2018
Easy atmosphere, friendly people, cafeteria, and convenient location. I was always nice to work there. I came to know a lot of people there. People that I would still like to work with and associate with.
Pros
Easy atmosphere, friendly people, and cafeteria
Cons
Cyclical Business.
Buen ambiente laboral
mecánico mantencion (Former Employee) –  Mecanico primeraDecember 20, 2017
Me desempeñe acá a en minera collahuasi como mecánico mantenimiento en el área de chancado molienda
Pros
Conocimiento de procesos mineros
Cons
Demasiado polucin
The people are great, no job security
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTDecember 12, 2017
Not the best place to work if you have a young family. It is hard to get time off for family and lots of issues with favoritism. Huge lot location between the IT department in India and The Salt Lake Office.
Pros
People, early day Friday, benefits
Cons
Have to be at your desk constantly, low morale.
Diversified Machinist (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNNovember 4, 2017
Operate the largest Lathe in the plant to repair any parts required. Operate milling machines. Disassemble and repair our most complex equipment.

Workplace is enjoyable, and management friendly. One on the mail goals is employee safety/
heavy machine work
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IANovember 3, 2017
Machine large pieces in horizontal lathes, oxylance broken shafts out of rollers. Very hot work environment , shovel 2000 lbs of metal shavings in a day sometimes maybe more
Very Cyclical Business Climate
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAOctober 25, 2017
The original equipment manufacturer of cement and mining equipment has a very cyclical business cycle which mean many creates instability and little chance for growth.