Fluid Interiors Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Steer Clear of this sinking ship
Lead Installer/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  VariesJune 27, 2017
This company is going downhill fast. They have lost many good employees and refuse to correct the major issues causing long time employees to leave. They most recently lost their Director of Operations and Chief Financial Officer.

They think the way to growth is to constant underbid on jobs then complain when profit margins are lower than anticipated. Just because you have more jobs doesn't mean you will make more when you are lowering your bids to get them!!

They are increase profit margins now by underpaying their employees. We have people who have been with the company for 5+ years making barely $15/hr while we bring in new temps and employees at $17/hr +.

The company benefits are laughable and pay raises are non-existent. You have to negotiate when coming in the door because that is what you will be making for the next 5+ years.

Do not expect a life/work balance. They like to push their MANDATORY volunteer overtime on everyone. It is not unheard of for people to work over 1k hrs in overtime a year (there are 2080 work hours in a year btw) so that is doing a half year of labor in JUST overtime. The shame is that is the only way people can keep their jobs (by making the company happy with all the overtime) and also support their families (Need the overtime to make up for the paltry pay)

What else is there to say? They do a good job on their furniture and the furniture is nice. Then again that is all they care about.
Pros
Good people in the field doing the grunt work
Cons
Too many to list.
Fun environment - Management could be better
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 9, 2017
The overall atmosphere of Fluid Interiors is extremely fun and laid back. Tons of wonderful benefits including yearly bonus, 401K match, 1/2 day PTO for your birthday, and gym membership reimbursement.
However, management could be better.
Benefits
Cons
Great Company to work for that gave me opportunity to explore my career opportunities.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 3, 2017
I worked for a good company that had the same core value beliefs that I have. I really enjoyed working with all the people at this company since everyone is so passionate at what they do. The management team is awesome! They really go above and beyond with training employees and really care about the company. The culture of the company is innovative, family orientated, and hard working. The hardest part of the job would be that there will be so much work and not enough people to help. Working with amazing and talented group of people was my most favorite part of this job.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
not good place
commercial furniture technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNOctober 6, 2014
do not work here....., very bad place. bad breaks. boring work. management is terrible . unorganized. blame game . wasting company money. everyone for them self. but goodluck getting anywhere in the furniture business!! its a joke.
Don't work here
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 23, 2014
If you value your family time, your mental health or your self image, do not work here. Management is so focused on making a profit by any means necessary that employees are used and then tossed away.
Pros
Good people (other than management)
Cons
Too many to list, but management is the worst.
Interior furnishings
MAC Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis MNJuly 31, 2014
order, Install, interior furnishing for nursing homes and hotels

project management, Site management

great management

Great co-workers

Workflow

Traveling
Pros
great opportunity
Fun people to work with but not always organized
Installer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 16, 2014
A typical day at work is an 8 hour day where my co-workers and I build or tear down cubicles.

My co-workers are awesome.

There isn't really a hard part of the job, I guess if I had to pick one it would be waking up at 4:00 a.m.

I have learned a lot about different types of office furniture and cubicles.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Short breaks