Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Found 2,261 reviews matching the search See all 3,775 reviews
Buen equipo
Instrument Fitter (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Buenas reglas medidas de seguridad pendiente de los trabajadores
Working for Fluor
Civil/Structural Superintendent (Former Employee) –  multiple locationsSeptember 19, 2018
Fluor Corp is a good company to work for with many job locations in the United States and abroad. Fluor offers good pay and good benefits for qualified individuals.
excellent company to work and good communications skills and training
ELECTRICAL GENERAL Foreman (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXSeptember 18, 2018
every morning we perform a safety meeting with the crews to talk about the JSA ,Material and Equipment they need to work safe,
talk to others departments (Pipe, Crane Operators, Scaffold Builders,Etc.) about the ares we be working to Have a good safe work day every day
Pros
1/2 Hour Lunc
Cons
10 minutes break
Awesome free training
Electrical & Instrumentation Trainee (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXSeptember 17, 2018
I didn't work for Fluor I just attended training there and I found it both informative and challenging. I wish more companies offered free training to get skilled workers.
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 17, 2018
Fluor provides a great work environment with many career opportunities. Working at Fluor gives one access to all the tools and resources required for development and encourages growth through mentor programs.
it was ok
Supervisor INTEC/RWMC Cafeteria (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 14, 2018
I worked for sub contractor in Idaho at the INL. The INL culture doesn't fair well to supervisors its difficult to main a professional atmosphere when you dont feel safe talking with your own boss that it wont be used against you. a 4x10 schedule is great paid weekly is awesome and the helathcare benefits are amazing but your mental health at work may suffer
Great company, opportunities abound for those willing to work at it
Project Engineer/Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 12, 2018
Worked there for 19 years. Was able to progress from technical work to technical supervision to engineering management and project management. Obtained my MBA while working and receiving reimbursement. Travelled to the Caribbean and Europe and Asia. Was a great experience to work there.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, rewards for good performance, ample training opportunities available.
Cons
Company success is often linked to economic conditions, which can be unstable.
enjoyable as it can be under the circumstances
Senior Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bagram, AFSeptember 12, 2018
12 hr work days with safety being strongly stressed. work load is avg to normal. working with others is a must . lang barrier is normal. I think too much is put on the ocns and advancement is har to achieve if your an american .
Very productive and comfortable relax work place
Welding Engineer / Weld testing specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 12, 2018
Excellent company to work with... Enjoy working with fluor meeting new people every job. Management in my department are very well respectable to work with,
Had good time and enjoyed working for Fluor
Superintendant (Former Employee) –  Tatum, TXSeptember 11, 2018
Good company to work for, learned all kinds of trades and skills, a real safe company to work for not a doubt, safety was...surly still is number one priority (safety first) we all appreciated that, also good upper management people to work for good communication, like a family, I feel just blessed that I worked for them those many years
Pros
Free lunches after outages or completion of jobs etc..
Cons
401K health care was good
Fast Pace , Challenging
Fuel Distribution Lead (Current Employee) –  BagrāmSeptember 11, 2018
- Knowing you going to have a great day and having breakfast with
your team.
- Learning something new every day, safety first!
- Working with different cultures and language, and their ways of
life.
- Forman/supervisers need to be more informed on policies and
procedures and use it.
- Getting the mission done right and not being affraid to counsel
your employee for good and bad jobs.
- Knowing your going to have a great day, and having breakfest with your team.
Pros
Mwr
Cons
not enough time on (RR)
Great company
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCSeptember 11, 2018
I was a crane operator and then General Foreman over the cranes. Fluor is a great company to work for, strong safety record and always does things the safe way.
Nice company to work for
General Superintendent 2 (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 11, 2018
good management company with good mentors lots of opportunities within the company most of the projects were difficult but they met the challenges and continue to strive to be the leader in the industry
Pros
various projects to work on
Cons
leadership skills
Well compensated for work conditions
Air Operations Specialist and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  BagrāmSeptember 10, 2018
This position was located in an austere environment. Majority of the time I was there, I had pretty good managers but for the last 6 months, I had a new manager and we disagreed on multiple levels. Most people who take a position like this know what they are in for conditions wise.
Pros
Well compensated
Cons
Away from family/friends for months at a time
Really enjoyed the work we did and the accomplishments
Supervisor, Sketcher, Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 10, 2018
we installed pipe in live areas, even though it was hot and sometimes dirty it was enjoyable. A lot of good people to work with. We worked in a safe environment and look out for one another.
Pros
Good people
Cons
A long drive to get there
Great Company
Procurement Technician (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Management and coworkers were nice and it helped to work as a team to get the job done. Work was fulfilling and learned new tasks and procedures. The work schedule was great.
Pros
Work Schedule
Cons
Lay offs
Review
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Working at Fluor proved to be quite productive. The work environment fostered excellent work/life balance, fair compensation/ benefits, and pretty decent job security.
workplace culture
Scaffold Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCSeptember 8, 2018
towards the end of May 2017 basic safety culture & concerns did not exist. I left to assist with a grand child that had a mental breakdown. i filed unemployment & was told they considered this job abandonment due to it being a crisis involving a Grand Child & not a direct descendant. I applied for jobs again this year and was not hired for any. Safety on the job in Sc was at an all time low in May 2017. The project was officially Shut down 07/31/2017.
Pros
the entire scaffold experience
Cons
often mngmnt chose to go with productivity/vs safety
Good company
Electrician Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Belton, SCSeptember 6, 2018
I loved working with Fluor ... made good pay benefits not so good ... most management was very good very few was unfair ... safety was very good and gave gifts for safe hours
Pros
Good pay good supervision
Cons
To many hours ... bennifits was a little pricey...
Strong company
Health Safety Security & Environmental Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 6, 2018
Always busy at Fluor. The travel get's to you after awhile. The people and professionalism of the company is very good. Management takes care of there employees and truly cares

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight