Fluor Corp. logo
Fluor Corp.
Happiness rating is 78 out of 100Above average

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 15 reviews matching the search.See all 4,987 reviews

Beniftis could be better

My review on fluor is ok as far as holidays go you are forced to use your vacation since there are no paid holidays if you.If you have a death in your immediate family they do not off breviement leave.

Pros

very flexiable if you need tme off

Fluor is the worst company to work for.

Management doesn’t care about its apprentices and if they hear something bad about you they will go to other people to hear the lies and won’t come talk to you about the issue. They have certain people who will leave for hours on end and go to their second job or business they own and stay on the clock with Fluor and it never gets brought up. They have their favorites that they will work and the others who they don’t like, and will have them sit and get lied to by management saying they are giving everyone an equal opportunity to work and you just keep sitting at home waiting to be called to work. Management continues lies and refuses to address issues.

Pros

Scale pay

Cons

Only pto

Hands down this is the best company to work for take care of there people and provide a safe work environment understanding of family. Nice managment.

A good place to work

Fluor, A simple review, if you know your stuff or if you still want to learn, this company is good for that and pay fairly well for the market. a friendly work enviroment.

Pros

some holidays off, scale job

Poor Management

I worked for Fluor as a PM for one year. I was handed a project that was well behind on production and over budget. There was no way to bring the project in on time or under budget but I was told to get it done. I was given no support from upper management or quality field crews to do the work. For 9 mos. I struggled to get on top of the project and bring it to a close knowing that it was a huge loser and I probably would take the blame. In September of last year I was let go. If all of Fluor is run as poorly as my office was I would not recommend working there.

Pros

Fellow workers that tried their best dispite poor management.

Cons

No support from management or field.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Non productive place to work

Not a positive environment to work in. Not much communication from management. No training, no real skills learned. There were not parts of the job that were enjoyable. The culture was negative and often times people upset about working there. Underpaid compared to most Government Contractors.

Pros

Paid weekly and off early in the day

Cons

No Holidays off without using PTO, no Sick days, Poor Management

It was a gret job to start out at

Flour was my first job out of college. It was a great intro into corporate america but not someone where I saw myself growing. the people were nice...

Excellent company

Great company and enjoyable environment. Opportunity to move to different roles if that’s what you want to do. Very supportive leadership. One of the best companies I’ve worked for throughout my career.

Needlessly Stressful Workplace

The middle management likes to toy with people's jobs, which makes it difficult to get any work done and creates an environment of insecurity. The benefits, on the other hand, are great. If departments had better management, this would be a decent place to work.

Pros

comped meals, good benefits

Cons

toxic work culture, no sense of job security, long hours

Lacking positive moral creating less than favorable working environment.

Lacking management presence has created unprofessional behaviors resulting in a less then favorable working environment. Accountability does not exist in the current management structure.

Pros

PTO Package

Cons

Lacking moral and professional culture

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fluor Corp.?

Operations Support 1

Support the mailroom I have learned how to process incoming mail, process express outgoing packages Assist Reprographics Technicians as needed Performed various other duties as assigned.

Pros

Learning all things in the mailroom

HR Tech for desing build I-95 Express Lanes Project Springfield, VA

As an HR/IR Technician I, my day would vary from hiring/terminating employees to answering employment verification requests, data entry, unemployment claims, employee issues and file maintenance.

Pros

Excellent Working conditions and resources.

Cons

Temporary work location

Good Paying Jobs

I have new found respect for road construction learned so much it was unreal.

Cons

Very fast paced, customer friendly atmospher

Very past paced environment, working closely with vendors,clients, and staff. Each day is a different challenge. I enjoy the challenges and accomplishing my daily goals I set for myself.

Pros

I enjoy working in a open and friendly enviornment.

Cons

Increase in insurance

Decent

This was a pretty decent company to work for but they have some management problems.