Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Found 2,282 reviews matching the search See all 4,054 reviews
Very broad range of skills required
PRINCIPAL, CONTRACT MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 20, 2019
Lots of traveling and relocating required with Fluor. If you want to see the world Fluor is a good option. If you like home life not so much. Salaries are competitive.
hard working place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCMarch 19, 2019
good place to work/fast pace and safe with good tools and equipment my time there was great with experience workers all around with transportation to while you needed to go,learned different types of work skills.good employers ,but the weather conditions were hard.
Pros
hard working peoples
Cons
safe area
Good Company, Bad Job
Pipefitter Top Helper (Former Employee) –  Jenkinsville, SCMarch 19, 2019
Fluor was a great company, great insurance, and even offered NCCER classes for free (you paid for the books) after working hours. The management was kind of middle of the pack, but not bad. The problem was the job was so expensive, and so many mistakes were made that the primary investor pulled out of the job and a big lay off happened.
good place to work
certified electrician (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNMarch 19, 2019
the company as a whole worked well with the client, a lot of these people went on to Jacobs when the contract changed. the flour people were good to work with.
Great place when there are projects
Manager of Documentation and Data Management (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMarch 19, 2019
The people you work with on daily basis make the job worth while. If the company or office doesn’t win projects management has no issue cutting your position. I worked all over the world for Fluor for over a decade but when my position ended there was no loyalty from management. Make sure you keep your resume updated and available.
Pros
Best coworkers anywhere.
Cons
Bad management decisions can directly affect you.
Supportive and Amiable Work Environment
Project Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRMarch 17, 2019
Great company to work for, always supporting their staff and highly organized. Focused on staff safety above everything else. All staff I collaborate with are highly trained and professional.
great company when work is good
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXMarch 17, 2019
Overall good place to work - people are the best thing about working at Fluor. Interesting work, collaborative environment. A good place to learn the engineering & construction business.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Worrying about being laid off when work load is down
Productive , basketball
Project Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  ManilaMarch 16, 2019
Working 40 hours a week (Moday to Thursday & every other Friday).
The company give me a change to understand the SAP module under construction projects. i.e. AP, AR, Project Costing, Planning, Managing budgets , BW for forecast uploading, and understanding of PMAR - Project Margin Analysis Report . The culture is really good working in the project for morethan 12 nationalities. The hard part of the job is multi tasking and meating deadlines. I enjoy working with the company because all counter parts are approachable.
Pros
Free Lunch every Monday
Cons
Short break, Insurance, Healthcare
Many Places and Many Jobs
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ttum, TexasMarch 14, 2019
For this jobsite, I was moved to various positions of work after 8 months as an operator because I could learn fast. Before I was working in the office, I was filling in coworkers positions that could not be at work that day.
Pros
Good People and Good Pay
Cons
Hard to balance home and work life
Good place to work if you like to move around the world.
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXMarch 14, 2019
Fluor has operations in several countries allowing you several opportunities to work abroad. They are project based, meaning that you will spend a few month to a few years before you move on to the next location.
An overall good place to work
Project Controls Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 13, 2019
Fluor is a good company to work for. If you are flexible in your willingness to travel, opportunities for promotion and competitive salaries are definitely available to you. Being that Fluor is mainly a project-based company, there can be times of stress when there is not much available work.
They needed some experienced help so they offered me a temporary position
Material Manger (Former Employee) –  Belton, SCMarch 13, 2019
They needed some experienced help with the material office in the field so they offered me a temporary position... Until the next job available..I really enjoyed working with management there.
my positon of fluor contractors
Pipefitter-Helper (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCMarch 13, 2019
great oppurtunity for entry level positons if you are willing to learn and dediated to working long hours.
I was grateful for my oppurtunity to build upon my knowledge for later endeavours
Pros
pay
Cons
limited time off
Good quick pace job
Top Helper (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXMarch 12, 2019
Very good job evrybody is very friendly you are at a quick pace but nothing to stressful. I wish they could open up another job like the one they had in baytown it was very good hours and good pay.
Very tough
Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2019
No experienced boring contractors and to little help, we had 24 drills working and 6 inspectors, these guys hit everything that was in the ground, then winter hit with snow,ice and frozen ground, one contractor flood a mc donald's not once but two times, another flooded a two story home backing out of the hole and hit sewer and water line. I left this project due to weather and did not return, a old friend we promoted and he still holds it against me
Pros
Nice area
Cons
Inexperienced contractors
Health Safety & Environmental Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 11, 2019
Fluor has a wide variety of work assignments in a variety of locations around the world. If you have the ability to travel with or without your family there are a lot of opportunities.
Pros
Travel opportunity
Cons
Exteded time away from home
I enjoyed the people i worked with
Tube Welder & Heavy wall pipe (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 11, 2019
I enjoyed the work and the people i worked with. The work was very competitive and fast pace. We worked lots of hours but made good money while working the outages
Pros
i enjoyed the work
Cons
no paid vacation
Great Company to Work For
Proposal Civil Lead - U.S. and Canadian Ports (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 10, 2019
Professional people who care about their employees. Good work/life balance. Challenging and satisfying work. I would recommend this company, especially if you don't mind travelling and relocating.
Good company, great benefits
Trade Compliance Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 7, 2019
Nothing to complain, I was looking for an opportunity in a different area in which I was working and decided to leave the company for that reason. Good workplace culture.
boring
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 7, 2019
This was a good job for what it was, security. Didn't have to do much other than answer phones, sign in guest and accept mail. The facilities are nice but there is no benefits to the job other than a pay check.
Pros
pay check
Cons
no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.8K
41.4K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight