Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Found 2,380 reviews matching the search See all 3,948 reviews
Great Company
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 18, 2019
Typical plant work. Schools and training provided. Management treats you like family. Workplace culture is Safety based. Hardest part of the job is up to you. Enjoyable part Varies as well.
Pros
Cons
None Experienced
High stress
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2019
Supervisor was very hard to work. Pay was horrible, not easy to advance if your good where you are. As a Supervisor it was really hard to keep employees because my Supervisor was very demeaning and would publicly humiliate someone.
Example, I had interest in another part of the company and was actually given the job however my current Supervisor wouldn't let me go and even gave me a bad review.
Pros
The employees that worked under me respected me.
Cons
Horrible pay and the benefits were not affordable.
Great Job
Material Management Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 17, 2019
It was a great job. Although I didn't feel as challenged as I would have liked to, but that was my first full office experience where jobs are more doing the same repetitive task over and over instead of doing 50 millions things each day every day.
Relaxed Environment
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 16, 2019
Fluor was not perfect but it was one of the most relaxed and flexible working environments and the best health insurance I have ever had. The group of maintenance and electricians working there, were some of the nicest people I have ever worked with. I miss them dearly.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of guidance from management
go place to work and make money
Combo Welder (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLJanuary 16, 2019
god place to work to care for family.
you work long hours make money and go home.
im applying for a job i dont know why im being ask these question. this should be optional
how the workplace through my opinion
General Laborer and electrical helper (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 15, 2019
The work place was alright, for the different circumstances that the hurricanes and flooding. Overall it was professional and competitive. I would always consider fluor as family
Very productive work place
Fire Watch (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNJanuary 14, 2019
Very fast passed while i worked there. We were building B-545 inside of the eastman. We had alot of overtime and stayed busy all day. It got to be too much for some people and then accidents would happen. Finally they had to lay people off after that job was complete.
Pros
Lunch and breaks
Cons
Short breaks and healthcare
Great Company
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Piketon, OHJanuary 12, 2019
Honestly one of the best companies I've worked for. Very competitive pay, give you plenty of opportunities for advancement and additional training/education. The environment can be a bit stressful and some of the employees can lack enthusiasm, but everyone does their best to help you and the company.
A very professional atmosphere
HSE (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 11, 2019
Fluor is a great company and is full of professional people. The company places their people first and safety is the highest priority.The company has high ethical standards .
Pros
Many pros
Good Opportunity
Movement Control Supervisor (ADACG) (Current Employee) –  BagrāmJanuary 11, 2019
I enjoyed the opportunity to work for Fluor Government Group. They gave me a great opportunity to increase my job knowledge as well as train, teach, coach, mentor new employees in my area of operation.
Pros
I really liked the vacation package.
Cons
The medical benefits could have been much better.
Nuclear New Construction Work
Combo Welder/Fitter (Former Employee) –  Euharlee, GAJanuary 9, 2019
Had a great time learning about the new advancement in Nuclear electric power for for the future. it was a good learning experience for me as a young tradesman welding inside the containment and turbine island 3 buildings
I like the opportunity to make decisions.
Project Surveillance Manager (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Nice company, upper management is weak at times. I particularly like not being micro managed. We have the freedom to make decisions with and for clients.
Pros
Freedom
Cons
Upper Management
My pleasure
Heavy Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  BagrāmJanuary 9, 2019
Hard work but big rewards and world travel. Great benefits package. Opportunities for advancement abound. Keeping pace during the busy months is a great challenge.
With Fluor ethics is held in high regard, doing the right thing when no one is watching.
Shifts are fixed so not too much switching around, steady.
Always ready to help employees in need.
Onboarding is professional and streamlined.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Not enough home time
I Love Fluor
MatMan Tech Specialist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Generate field purchases to send to buyers. Receive material, keep track of material, and issue material. Keep log of all incoming and outgoing material. The job was not hard. I love the whole job.
Pros
I loved everything
Cons
I need to be in Brooklyn, Ny
Good company and place to wook. I like it.
Structural Ironworker (Former Employee) –  Chevron. Baytown TexasJanuary 8, 2019
I was working for Flu or at Baytown/Mountbelvieu tx. On Chevron proyec. I like it. And I am ready to work again with.. I was strctural Iron worker. NCCER Plus.. Instaling new structure. Making lay outs. Fitting. Rebiuldind and fixing structure. Bolt up and impact. Etc,etc.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
little opportunity to advance in overhead positions
HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Fluor eliminated most training opportunities many years ago. As with most companies, you can do online self-paced courses. I never saw any amount of online, self-paced training do anything to help an employee advance in the company.
Learning experience
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJanuary 7, 2019
I was thrilled to work for this company, I was apart of an workforce that was supplying the local area a New State of the are Nuclear facility. The sense of being apart of this dynamic team of people was one of the most exciting careers that I've been apart of.
Overseas job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 5, 2019
Job is in warzone Iraq and Afghanistan. You must be able to travel at least 3 months at a time away from home. Vacation time...also known as R and R make it worth it
Pros
Vacations
Cons
Warzone occupation
good
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 5, 2019
good co to work for team work is very good this is a good safety work place they look out for there people they pay travle pay 250 in and 250 out and per diem
Pros
good co to work for
Cons
n/a
Productive and enjoyable environment.
Desktop Support Associate Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJanuary 3, 2019
Day would start out with a brief meeting to go over any existing issues, highlight areas that needed to be worked on, and opened up for contributions from the techs. The rest of the day, we worked on customer issues and our extra work assigned specifically to each tech.
Pros
Steady work with many opportunities to travel.
Cons
Workflow can get pretty heavy at times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2
51.8K
41.4K

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight