Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

Found 2,312 reviews matching the search See all 3,844 reviews
Felt on my own without company support
Sr.Rel. Planner-Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXNovember 8, 2018
In an effot to win the customers contract bonuses, unreasonable job requirements were constantly added without increased hours. Unable to provide quality work in time allowed. No job satisfaction, no professional pride, very disappointing job.
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Weak management for I&E
productive and enjoyable work area .
ROD ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 7, 2018
6 am safety meeting then inspected bus , took workers to designated work area . listen to radio for pick ups and drop offs .. The hardest part of my job was dealing with the heat of the bus,cause of no AC but the enjoying part of it was seeing how many workers cared for my safety , bringing me cool pops and cold water drinks ..being able to meet different types of people and being able to advance to the rod room . where i was able to learn how to read blue prints to be able to give and receive materials for welders ..
Pros
water coolers every where, someone to always willing to help
Cons
short breaks, no so many microwaves
Core Group Supervisor/Librarian
Librarian/Records Manager (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 7, 2018
The first few years were exciting because the business was booming, the last few years were terrible because of the layoffs. During my time at Fluor I was a core group supervisor for 29 indexers/abstractors on over 30 projects. This entailed insuring staffing on the project and the quality of the indexing. The second half of my time at Fluor was devoted to consolidating three different libraries into a single functioning corporate wide operation. Then I had to layoff everyone.
Pros
Great learning
Cons
Job security
One of the industries strongest E&C companys
Construction Engineering Manager - Alcohol Units (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 7, 2018
Fluor has some flaws in the treatment of employees but overall a good company to be associated with.
Good company Benefits
A typical day in construction is 10 hours per day 5 to 6 days a week in a fast paced environment
The company workplace culture is very well explained and must be adhered to
The most rewarding part of the job is seeing the completion of the project
Pros
Construction Engineering
Cons
Some company policies concerning time off
Big Company and you are just a number.
Sr. Project Manager/Sr. Project Engineer (Current Employee) –  NY & CTNovember 5, 2018
I worked from 7AM until finished and I didn't learn anything new. The lower level management was basically ok except for thos who I can refer to as "Climbers". The work teams interacted very well in the field but there was limited support or recognition from above. There were never any raises as promised. The most enjoyable part of working at Fluor has been working with the people and customers in the field.
Pros
Cons
Being part of a numbers game in a large company.
a fair and equal company
Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 4, 2018
I enjoyed working for Fluor . I think they treat their employees fair and offer good benefits opportunities. They put Safety above everything and they make sure the employees are rewarded for working safe.
Pros
Education for employees
Good company and well managed
Pipefitter at Lee power plant in Belton SC (Former Employee) –  Belton, SCNovember 2, 2018
I have worked a total of 7 years for Fluor and have always found them to be a well run company with fair salary and benifits. I would work for them again and would recommend. them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
to many hours.
Fast-paced, great pay, but a lot of travel and sometimes hostile locations.
Air Operations Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 1, 2018
I was a part of a LOGCAP overseas contract with Fluor. Travel is frequent, pay is really good, supervisors/management were easy to get along with and took care of us. If you don't mind working in hostile locations and or inclement weather, this job is a good experience with very good pay.
Decent work place but hours and schedule was constantly changing.
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXNovember 1, 2018
The parking area for craft workers was poorly designed. It took 45 mins- 1hr just to exit the parking lot. The schedule and planning of the crew I worked with changed a lot. We would work 10 hours one day and 12 hours the next day. During the same week. And it was not optional, it was mandatory.
Typical
Electrician (Journeyman) (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 1, 2018
Big company. Mixed reviews. Provided an honest living for my family for years with fluor.,.bad food good food mood set wreck met dog fleas cat pees winter wonder land wonder woman wonder bread bed spread cheese bread yada yada yada yada
Pros
Stable jobs opportunities
Cons
Just another number as employees

Want to know more about Fluor Corp.?

Ask a question
Very good company
Mechanical Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLNovember 1, 2018
Have work for Fluor over the last 18 years. Very happy with them. Kept me employed in construction with challenging projects and assisted with improving my skill set.
Pros
Very safe company to work for.
Great Place to work
Facalities Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXNovember 1, 2018
Had a great time working with Fluor everything about the place is great . You have to preform well or your job will be in jeopardy very competitive if you up for the challenge go for it.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
high paced work with some management involvement
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FL 34428October 31, 2018
This was a fast paced job on a project that required a lot rework due to upper management poor planning. Field management was easy to work for and with. I would not have left but I had to relocate back to Texas.
Fluor is a top rated engineering company that has many top engineers and designers to do all kinds of engineering needs throught the world.
FIELD SUPPORT ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXOctober 31, 2018
Fluor been around for years which provides process, construction diversified work experience in the field of Refinery, Petrochemical, Midstream pipeline, Power Plants, Waste Water Faculty and follow it's projects with large industry construction personnel. Fluor provides technical support, process trouble shooting direction to engineering area(s) of
expertise to pipeline, major oil and gas companies. All work is achieved by industry standards and compliance with all rules and regulations in accordance with (OHSA) and (EPA) at all times.
Pros
Great place to work to get the experience and learn the right way to achieved industry standards.
Cons
When the job is over and you have to apply for a new one are your out of a job.
DOD contractor
Logistics Supervisor II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 31, 2018
Mission driven, some days are more demanding than others. Ultimately gives you great experience to excel in your career. Must have a strong head and be willing to work abroad for an extended time period.
Pros
Free meals, compensation, traveling
Cons
No time at home
Management is cutthroat and relys on the buddy system
Industrial hvac/electrician/millright (Current Employee) –  Queen City, TXOctober 30, 2018
Now this review doesn’t stand for all of Fluor I hear that most of there sites are pretty good to work for ( info from other road hands) ours however is very cut throat and clickish. Your either part of the kissass click or you ain’t.
Pros
Pay is not to bad
Cons
Leave and point system blows we get .77 hrs a week
Good place
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXOctober 30, 2018
The job was good the only thing it was to get inside of the plant(refinery) and get out of it, it was a lot of traffic all the time due to a lot of hiring
Solid Project management company
Project Control Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXOctober 29, 2018
Executed projects at a very high level of project out come surety by identifying key project success drivers early and establishing management plans to mitigate risk items. Globally the market for EPC services has changed and management is working to address those changes.
laid back slow paced
Welder Technician (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, KYOctober 27, 2018
as a welder for the company, the time at work is very free willing and very easy, however, the money aspect is very low. I would recommend this job to the inexperienced.
Flexible work hours.
PROJECT DIRECTOR/FUNCTIONAL CONSTRUCTION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAOctober 26, 2018
Review e-mails and plan work tasks for the day. Conduct daily meetings for work activity for the day. Preparing and update schedules for construction activities along with lean construction planning.
Pros
Lunch meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight