Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews

41.3K
Found 2,188 reviews matching the search See all 3,670 reviews
Pleasant
Records Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for the company. I felt that the work culture was excellent. There was opportunity for promotion. Ultimately, the joint venture was dissolved.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Layoffs - defunct
Excellent
Procurement Manager and Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 15, 2018
My experience at Fluor was outstanding. It gave me an opportunity to use the knowledge and skills I had obtained down through the years to operate an efficient, productive and successful department.
Pros
Professional, Challenging
Cons
Long Hours
Stressful environment, enjoyed the work and the people working with.
Sr. Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 14, 2018
Overall I enjoyed my time at Fluor but the stress of the work hours and not knowing how long the job would last took it's tole. The team that was bought together to do this job was great.
Fluor is a great company to work with.
Senior Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 14, 2018
I joined Fluor as a Modular Expert for the need of one of their mega projects. It was indeed full of great engineering and management challenges. I really enjoyed working with diverse subject matter experts while being a part of the global team.
Director, Maintenance Technologies (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 14, 2018
A solid and well managed company with better than average wage and benefit packages. Progressive management and commitment to keeping the company on the leading edge of high value contract services.
Pros
Career advancement opportunities
Cons
Extensive travel
Good Company to work with.
Senior Design Engineeer (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 14, 2018
Wonderful experience working at Fluor. I enjoyed working with wide varieties of Subject Matter Experts and their helpful attitude to cooperate to Fluor team as a whole.
Fun Very hard work
Iron Worker Helper (Former Employee) –  Emporia, VAJuly 11, 2018
I enjoyed working there I learned a lot. Guadalupe my foreman was a very nice guy we were very safe and talked about safety everyday before work. Work was very hectic lots of thing s going around at once but very fun.
good work place
General Foreman/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  baytown txJuly 10, 2018
fluor was a great company to work for offered me a chance to advance and move forward within the company,and show what i could do as a leader and show my skills as an operator . towards the end it got a little more competitive with who they would keep to finish out the project. Being chosen to finish the project was another great opportunity to show Fluor that they made a great choice in getting the job done.. the most enjoyable job i have ever had and being able to guide others and being told i was one of the best General Foreman that they have ever worked for,and for me that meant alot ..
Pros
great job and pay, great experience
Cons
once job was complete there was not another one have to wait.
excellent company
CONTRACT MANAGEMENT TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Guaynabo Municipio, PRJuly 10, 2018
I work with fluor in a Puerto Rico Power restauration project and I love it. Excellent company and staff. I will love work with them again. Best experience ever!!!
very productive and interesting
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 9, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company although temporary I enjoyed it. Fluor is a great place to work pay was great and staff was very friendly and helpful .
Pros
great pay
Cons
temp.
Productive and mostly busy environment
Movement Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 9, 2018
Daily we would assist customers in their deployment and redeployment needs as far as preparing and storage of cargo for air transport via military or contract commercial aircraft. The workplace culture was very diverse and while this could cause barriers I enjoyed the challenge of working with others from different backgrounds. This opened possible new ways of taking on new projects and assisting the variety of customers we took on daily. The most enjoyable part of the job was the team work it required and being able to interact and assist the customers as needed.
slow paced but you stayed busy
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, TXJuly 8, 2018
i worked maintenance. we cleaned the work site drove the water truck and fueled the trucks and large equipment.the hardest part of the job was staying busy because i wasnt use to slow paced jobs.
Great Place to Work
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 8, 2018
It's a great place to work, but when economy is bad, it can be very depressing. But when it's good, great company with great ethics and benefits. I highly recommend. It's a big company and it highly encourages people to take opportunities in different departments. Mentoring is superb there. You will meet so many great mentors who are experienced and well respected in the industry. Like I said earlier, only negative side is big layoffs during economic downturn.
N/a
Boilermaker/Welder (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 8, 2018
Hard work &a hot condition. Pay scale was fair. Did get 2 -30 minute breaks. Strict safety rules which is a huge plus. Supplied proper equipment for job task.
Good Company that Promotes Longevity
Project Support Technician I (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 7, 2018
Fluor seeks to hire employees that intend on sticking around for a long time. They tend to promote people who have been there for a longer time, and will retain you as long as you prove yourself a contributor and team-player. The people are great to work with, and the pay is suitable based on locality and work expectations.
Good Company but loosing its focus
Director (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 6, 2018
The company during the current administration has lost its edge and focus to do what it was established to do. Engineer and build projects. Sales is not performing, seems to be a protected group even when they don't bring in work.
Pros
The people are good and opportunities are available.
Cons
No upper management accountability
Construction Work
Electrical Foreman (Former Employee) –  Crystal River, FLJuly 6, 2018
Job to job, high quality and safety first. Always changing locations for work. Traveling to work in different locations and types of work. Advancement is there for qualified candidates
Pros
Travel and Pay
Cons
Construction Hazards
Material Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  BagrāmJuly 5, 2018
I work on the government system known as gcss-army.We get part in from different places and we are to open each one. Than we match the part up with the paperwork that come with each part. if the paperwork is right we take it to the system in process it.if it's not right we will may the adjustment in the system than process it.
Pros
good money room for advancement.
Cons
away from home working 12 hours a day 7 days a week.
Outstanding Company
Project Manager/Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYJuly 4, 2018
I knew what to expect and what was required. Training, safety and job knowledge was paramount with Fluor. Great Company to work for.
Workplace culture was total team effort. Most enjoyable part of my job was working with other team members and management, who supported you always.
typical day at work
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Bagram AfghanistanJuly 3, 2018
Report to work at 0615 hrs. Continue with available project work or seek work at operations and maintenance section. Handle work orders till they end and then go back to office.

feel your time at 1845hrs and then the evening is yours
Pros
Paid for meals and air tickets
Cons
working long hours outside in harsh environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fluor Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight