Fluor Corp.
77Above average

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews for Ironworker

Ironworker42 reviews
United States42 reviews
very professional company with flexible hours and where safety and family comes first. helps you grow as an employee by teaching you new crafts. This company where family matters
Its like any other company. They had many people holding positions because of the buddy system. Not because they were qualified. Not entirely a bad place to work.
Pros
Health care plans
worked with these people on numerous occasions pretty much the sams old same old I would not recommend it for the sensitive type person as they pretty much talk to you any old -until you put your foot down
Always commenced with meetings to provide a safe work environment to employees. Provided advancement opportunities for everyone employed. Crew easy to work with and always hard having to leave for another project.
Pros
Advancement opportunities
Cons
Leaving for new projects
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Very well paced company always busy and working. Great team great people. Willing to work for them in future. Had great time off , learn a lot of reading prints fabrication.
Pros
Close to home
Our healthcare sick you don't get as much for the large deductible you pay. I'll like if our healthcare
was better Like Cigna healthcare for an example. Like there is a limit to the dental $750 a year . I am 52 years of age.I'm bless to have good thanks the Lord. Everyone is not and been work with Fluor for many years. I like working for Fluor, I work for them back in 1990 when they was building the paper plant in Eastover,SC .
Safety first wherever you go . Company is very dedicated to follow policy and procedures strictly , great place to work and have in your resume in construction .
I was working for Flu or at Baytown/Mountbelvieu tx. On Chevron proyec. I like it. And I am ready to work again with.. I was strctural Iron worker. NCCER Plus.. Instaling new structure. Making lay outs. Fitting. Rebiuldind and fixing structure. Bolt up and impact. Etc,etc.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
It’s a very competitive world wide company that’s wants the best for its workers and cares for them you can take your time doing what you have to do because they want quality and very comprehensive.
Pros
Cons
Brakes and paid
I enjoyed working there I learned a lot. Guadalupe my foreman was a very nice guy we were very safe and talked about safety everyday before work. Work was very hectic lots of thing s going around at once but very fun.
working with people and trying to help others, management was good nice place to work being bent over all day long knowing that I had apart of history
Pros
good money
Cons
getting laid off
is agood company and give good benefits is a good place for work the foremans are resppnsables and all cooworkers have respect I was feel good working for fluor
Pros
fre lunchs
Cons
one break
If I had the opportunity to work for Fluor again I will most definetly give it another chance. They really cared about the safety of their employees. They had a great training program also to help employees to get certified in their craft and one day to possibly get into management.
Well organized bunch of management I knew exactly what we had to do and every morning give us a meeting telling us what to do there's no question management was good
Pros
To have a job
Cons
Work was dirty
it was a very neat experience,good people to work for no fighting arguing or horse play.showed me the proper way to do things the safe way and how to use your proper ppe
Pros
free lunches pretty often
Cons
changing out crews often
Was always given very clear directions on the work i was assigned to perform. The company always made me feel like a real part of the team. The company was very good at acknowledging accomplishments and presenting awards for the hard work i put in.
Pros
Was always spoken to by upper management
Cons
Not enough hours at times
All responsibilities of an Ironworker at the Duke Citrus County Combined Cycle
Connecting iron

bolting up

impacting

and miscellaneous duties

Good environment
hang iron..................learned how to hang iron and fit pipe................i was on nights so i did not have to dill with much management........
Pros
safe work place
Cons
day shift
Fluor construction was a company that was relax and stress free. AS a beginners work I've grown to know a lot about Fluor and also construction. I learn how to work different trades while i was there. And also they had schools out there to where i attend to advance i craft.
good company to work for no management experience I hung iron work place was good hardest part was leaving VC Summer when it shut down the most enjoyable part is you belonged to a great company
Balanced work place environment.
Offer opportunities for advancement in the company and free certifications pertaining to the job.

Understanding of family and work life balance.