Fluor Corp.
77Above average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Fluor Corp. Employee Reviews for Welder

Welder52 reviews
United States52 reviews
To many foreigners. My whole crew was from other countries and Forman held morning meetings in Spanish. That's when I left but before that crew I was there for a year.
Management sucks. Underqualified foreman due to favoritism. Recruiters will tell you job will last x amount of time and then it only last half of that. Have an emergency and need a day off? Fine, but dont expect to make the next project. They do have some good craftsman that work there, but like anywhere, they have some that are not so good.
Pros
Pay rate is decent, per diem is usually ok
Cons
Mostly everything else
These people care nothing about your family life. All they want is the job done, which I get. Personal agendas are often pushed in place of common sense and that is a problem within this company. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Good luck!
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Management/Saftey Dept.
Good place to work. Good management. Good experiences. Fast paced learning environment. Lots of travel opportunities. Hours are long. Work is tough but rewarding.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
No comenta e trabajado por más de 15 años con. Flúor y la verdad que han ávido. Cambios pero para mal. Otras compañías pagan mejor por mi trabajo. Aquí esta bien por Orita pero si consigo otro trabajo sin duda. Que me voy
It was a good job. I was there for 21 months. The work planning was non-understandable at times but we made it work. I'll definitely be looking to work for Fluor again.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Management kept changing the rules to what was convenient for them. Safety rules etc.
i have to write 150 character minimum about this place? i don't know. i was just going to write that it sucked to work there. consistantly dehydrated, no matter how much water i drink.
Pros
decent starting pay
Cons
pay raise is laughable
A safe working atmosphere fast paced easily to get along with other work employees and management they treated me Fair opportunity to learn in advance and your career if you choose to do so the wages were fairly paid on time never once have I been shorted in any way I look forward to working for them once again I'm a Fluor hand through and true
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Too long off between jobs
lied to about hours, pay was correct per diem was fought but settled, hours were suppose to be 70 ended up being 50 then with rain barely worked so no good there.
Not a great place to work. No advancement opportunities unless you're related to someone higher up. If I were you I'd consider other companies that don't discriminate.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Good ole boy system
Was so pleased with this company and their ethics. Would love to be and stay with this company all the time and travel wherever they would want me to go.
Pros
Excellent company
Cons
Not enough jobs for me
as a welder for the company, the time at work is very free willing and very easy, however, the money aspect is very low. I would recommend this job to the inexperienced.
i'd work there again.Employees were all good at their jobs and always willing to lend a helping hand.No one was better than the other. Plant was clean and safe to work in.It was a temporary shut down.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Temporary work
Excellent work environment. Prides themselves on their work & the safety of their employees. Fast paced work. Excellent management teams, rewards employees for work well done.
Excellent company to work with... Enjoy working with fluor meeting new people every job. Management in my department are very well respectable to work with,
HR and Employee Concerns was and is a joke on this site.

This was a good job until Fluor took it over and flooded it with people with no Nuclear experience. Policy and Procedures broken, people released from there jobs after 5 or more years for no reason. Good people hard working people.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
Back Stabber, Liars and HR
Great company, however the craft supervisors were very immature and focused more on implying rules rather than building a plant. I would go back to FLUOR but only at a different location.
This company is all about the bottom line, they care more about profit than doing the job as it needs to be completed. On any given job there is always a friend of the owner, or the kid of an owner that doesnt know jack
Good company to work for. Hardest par ? The weather, if it’s too cold or too hot and or if it’s raining. Or just having to put up with people you’re not getting along with. Also traffic.
Fluor is a good company to work for,I have worked for them for 10 years now. They are very safety conscience, and pay rates are above most companies. I would reccommend them for a safe place to work.
Pros
several
Cons
some
I really enjoyed working for the flour group on all the jobs I worked for them. it was always fun and I enjoyed coming to work and even traveling for them.
Pros
fun