FLVS

Working at FLVS: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Flexible schedule and no commute

This was a great job to have during the pandemic. Both teachers and students benefited from having virtual school available. Pandemic aside, there are still many advantages for students and teachers. Students get one on one attention and can move mostly at their own pace. FLVS teachers spend a huge amount of their time calling, texting, communicating and logging. A smaller amount of time is spent actually teaching. FLVS does a great job of supporting teachers and offers a lot of training. The online work space is easy to navigate and well designed.

Pros

Flexible schedule. No commute. No shoes required!

Cons

Challenging to make meaningful connections with students and colleagues.

bad

bad.... poor education/material if u like to be on the phone all day then this would be good for u stress full i had to quit beacuse its too much i know its to much for the kids too poor..

FLVS insights

What people like
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Best company I ever worked for definitely worked as a team

From the day I started management has been nothing but positive to work for. Easy to discuss potential issues. Flexible as the work load started to become increase

Pros

Work from home

Cons

An abundance of work

Teaching for a technological forward generation

Can’t say I’m not stressed but I don’t think there is a way to be a dedicated teacher and not feel stressed. That being said, I love so many aspects of my job and am grateful to have joined this amazing organization. Love the training provided, the numerous opportunities for training, and the annual conference which provides the staff a chance to share ideas, interact with colleagues and discover new teaching strategies/tools to better meet the needs of our students.

Pros

Training opportunities, clear goals, make a difference in students’ lives

Cons

Stressful trying to meet monthly goals and keeping students on task (not FLVS’ fault, just occupational hazard)

Depends on what you want

It’s nice to not have 30 students at once, but the expectations are based on moving targets always. Some of my managers were excellent, some were terrible. Perfection and doing more than required is essential to not feel like you may be fired. Sneaky administrative moves masked as “for the good of _____.” Constantly changing standards and performance evaluation measures. Only do it if the classroom setting is too overwhelming.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Unclear direction

Great place to work for a remote position

Communication and documentation are the keys to success. It is hard work but it is the best teaching job I have ever had. The pay is not great though.

work life balance is very challenging

You will never work 40 hours per week. I would estimate that between 60-70 is more accurate in order to do your job well and complete all of the phone calls required.

Pros

work from home

Cons

constant phone calls.

Wish I could have stayed

The staff at FLVS were beyond amazing to work with! They were quick to let you grow into your place and love initiative! People here are always friendly and helpful. From the highest level manager, you get help from everyone when needed. Family first company that believes and follows the model. The hardest part of the job were the lulls in work to do and the extremely low pay. The salary was the only reason I left! Had I been able to support my family, I would have stayed with FLVS!

Pros

Family oriented

Cons

Low salary

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at FLVS?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLVS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

FLVS Reviews by Location

Learn about FLVS in popular locations

• FLVS