FLVS

FLVS

FLVS Instructor Review

Teaching for a technological forward generation

Can’t say I’m not stressed but I don’t think there is a way to be a dedicated teacher and not feel stressed. That being said, I love so many aspects of my job and am grateful to have joined this amazing organization. Love the training provided, the numerous opportunities for training, and the annual conference which provides the staff a chance to share ideas, interact with colleagues and discover new teaching strategies/tools to better meet the needs of our students.

Pros

Training opportunities, clear goals, make a difference in students’ lives

Cons

Stressful trying to meet monthly goals and keeping students on task (not FLVS’ fault, just occupational hazard)

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same role

FLVS is great!

Great people and great work helping students that are virtual learners. It can be hard to take time off at times but job flexibility can ease that challenge.
Same roleSame location

Flexible schedule and no commute

This was a great job to have during the pandemic. Both teachers and students benefited from having virtual school available. Pandemic aside, there are still many advantages for students and teachers. Students get one on one attention and can move mostly at their own pace. FLVS teachers spend a huge amount of their time calling, texting, communicating and logging. A smaller amount of time is spent actually teaching. FLVS does a great job of supporting teachers and offers a lot of training. The online work space is easy to navigate and well designed.

Pros

Flexible schedule. No commute. No shoes required!

Cons

Challenging to make meaningful connections with students and colleagues.
Same location

Flexible and Rewarding

Really great place to work for people that can't take the culture in public schools. One on one interaction with kids can't be beat! Supportive staff and Admin

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FLVS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

FLVS Reviews by Location

Learn about FLVS in popular locations

• FLVS
  • Teaching for a technological forward generation