Flywheel Sports Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fun yet mentally draining work environment
Studio Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2018
The general mission of the company as a whole is positive and wonderful!
Terrible management at local and non local levels. Studio managers are rarely present nor show hands on support, creating a very uncomfortable work environment. There’s never confidentiality in conversations related to feedback, additionally creating a hostile work environment. Lack of professionalism is a huge problem here. Management favortises who they hire, no one is treated equally.
Nothing is consistent and there’s no backbone for success in a fitness career here.
Pros
Positive guest community, fast paced environment
Cons
Terrible management, no support from corporate, favoritism
Energized, fun, productive, rewarding
Master Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Being a part of changing peoples lives and loving what I do. Fun culture, great clients and co-workers. A chance to be creative, let your personality show, and motivate others. Challenges your own ability, sets up goals to strive for, and fosters the attitude that it's within your reach to be successful.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Physically demanding
Fun, creative environment
FITNESS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2018
I love FlyWheel Sports. Both the wheel classes and barre classes are fun, competitive and leave you wanting more. it truly is a family culture that with a support system like I've never been a part of before.
Active and disciplined
Flybarre Instructor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 26, 2017
Flywheel is a wonderful company - fast faced. Tough on the body. Rewarding to those instructors who change lives through wellness. All classes are 45-60 mins and change your body for the better.
Good environment
Facilities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 23, 2017
It is a good place to meet new people from different backgrounds. You learn a lot about the cycling world and how serious that part of the fitness world is .
kindness
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2017
flyweels was a fun and friendly place to work, i really enjoyed my short stay but i learned a lot and made friends so i don't have any complaints if given a second chance i would work there.
love my clients
Indoor Cycling Instructor (Current Employee) –  Playa Vista, CAOctober 2, 2017
I love working for my Clients and giving them the workout that they need to keep up a healthy lifestyle. The workplace culture is amazing and everyone is positive in the Playa Vista location.
Cons
not paid enough
Great Job for a fun outgoing fitness minded indiviidual
Studio Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 26, 2017
Flexible hours, free workout classes, great pay, great people perfct college or part time job. Shifts are not overly long and the instructors are well trained and extremely helpful to the club memebers
Loved it but upper management was weak
Facilites (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2017
I loved working for Flywheel, the people
Overall we're awesome a promoted a healthy lifestyle. My biggest issue was favoritism and lack of knowledgeable management. I was in a
Management position but felt unsupported and singled out, which led to me departing.
Pros
Cool people, easy load, free classes
Cons
Poor management, limited advancement
Productive working place
Technical/ Mechanical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 18, 2017
Learn alot when in this company, learn different phrases, techniques, learning how to work mechanically on bikes. The most fun part is dooing cycle bikes by yourself, is the best tech you can do. Never be afraid to make mistakes in which we all do.
So much potential, tons of growing pains
N/A (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 16, 2017
Flywheel seems to be going through never-ending cycles of management changes and political games, which has resulted in a lot of conflicting strategies and organizational changes. Additionally, bad decisions made in the past seem to keep cropping up, and preventing the company from growing in a smart, sustainable way. This is incredibly frustrating for employees. On the best days, this was the most fun I've ever had at work. And on the worst days, it felt like a total soul suck.
Pros
Free fitness classes, some cool people, good office location
Cons
Crazy long hours (and often because of lack of strategy, sub-par benefits, lots of layoffs
thoughts
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2017
just not professional and they don't care about you. the job is overall easy .You clean the studio and just assist with helping customers on bikes. I learned how to work on bikes and how to control my anger.
awesome job culture but little advancement
Studio Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 8, 2017
I've had an amazing time working at flywheel for the most part. the people i have met and worked with have been really great. however i have tried to move up in the company and they made me feel like that was possible at the beginning. however, i don't think thats true. its too corporate and too many people above. i think they hire from the outside more than within and thats frustrating when I've done so much for the company.
Excellent Work Environment
Studio Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Midtown, Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
At the midtown location, there are morning and evening shifts available. The work is easy, be nice to the guest and make sure their experience is up to par and clean. Employees are awesome! Another benefit is that you get a free membership if you become part of the Flywheel team!
Pros
Easy shifts, fun co-workers, free membership!
Cons
Limited hours
Excellent place to work
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJune 26, 2017
This was an excellent place to work in the Florida office. Unfortunately, all business moved to NYC, so I could not rate job security highly. It is by far my favorite.
Fun and professional work place
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 4, 2017
Great environment to work, Good for entry level, great place to socialize and grow in customer service skills, very respectful, and positive placetobe.
Fun Workplace
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 23, 2017
I enjoyed working in flywheel sports for the time period I did. I enjoyed getting to know the clients. It was a positive workplace which made it very easy to work in
Pros
Friendly Environment
Cons
Short Breaks
Stressfully place to work
Facility Coordinator (Former Employee) –  NY nyApril 8, 2017
Company needs to be sued for racial discrimination I got fired for being ten minutes late when I opened the store for 3 yrs straight on times never missed classes for the gym and made the company hundreds of thousands of dollars by constantly opening on time for the customers. Revenue never been stolen always on point with the cleanliness of the studio even merchandise for the company.
Pros
Great customers
Cons
Horrible management
Hiring Process
Studio Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach and NMBMarch 9, 2017
The people seem nice and upbeat, however their lack of communication and preparedness is disappointing. I would have expected a better experience from an organization that's growing as it is. It appears that there are younger individuals involved and while they might be book savvy, they don't have the necessary experience.
Pros
Free classes
Cons
Awful communication skills
Very Political & Prejudice for such a recreational gig
Facilities Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 6, 2017
the workload and requirements werent difficult at all. Fairly easy to accomplish and complete despite the pay.

atmosphere and management in any work environment can make or break the workflow no matter the load thus, brought me to leave such company.

The management team were self-absorbed while favoritism often played a factor. Not to mention the clientele had prejudice type of mindset. The owner werent far off as well with such behavior so apple doesnt fall far from tree i guess.

I liked the hours but distasteful management with lockdown on advancement and politics. If you suck up to others then you'll fit right in.