FM Global Employee Reviews

FM Global is a great place to work for and they care about employees benefits and families
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIJune 22, 2018
A day at work can change from day to day in that there are daily jobs as well as weekly and monthly jobs that must be done. It is a highly diversified company where you are interacting with people within the companies in addition to external companies and required government reporting. This is a global company and there was always new things to learn. I enjoyed working for them where we all worked as a team.
Pros
great benefits and family friendly
Cons
long hours December through end of January every year
Good company
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIJune 10, 2018
Having worked for FM Global for 18+ years, I have enjoyed the professional carer challenges and working with colleagues to produce quality products. There is currently a transformation to Agile software development and other innovative precesses to enhance teamwork and time to market for both internal and external clients
Pros
Good salary
Cons
mediocre management communication
Large company with laid back culture
Consultant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 5, 2018
FM Global is a good company to work for, and the benefits are excellent. Work hours are extremely flexible, and I am able to work from home a majority of the time. The company provides cars and all needed equipment to their field engineers, and they also cover all gas and toll road costs.
The company culture is relaxed overall, although the Dallas is office is more regimented than the company at large. The people working there are generally friendly. However, the job requires a lot of travel, so it can be difficult to make strong connections if you are not careful.
Pros
Great benefits, company car, very flexible work schedule, home office
Cons
Too much travel, lower pay than other engineering jobs in the area, difficult to make and maintain connections within the company
Have been away from company too long
NT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 8, 2018
The Company environment has likely changed often in the over 15 years that I have been away from this job for my review to be worthwhile. My summary is likely not helpful.
Excellent company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIApril 29, 2018
Excellent company to work for. I was there for 23 years. I left when I
had my son as I only wanted to work part time. Great working environment. See my resume for a list of my duties.
What I learned at FM Global
Client Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 24, 2018
I learned how to rate commercial property accounts which was very different from rating on the agency side of insurance. It was fulfilling and I was sorry to leave.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Awsome place to work
Senior Account Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 24, 2018
This is a place where I see more people committed to a company and wiliness to advance if the individual desires. A person can stay in a post for as long as they like, The training is key, the best I have had both in content and delivery.

It is not for all, hard work is expected and most of the time it is hard to leave since you want enjoy the work. The work culture is great.
Pros
Training, Travel, Benifits, and culture
Cons
long hours, travel, unexpected deadlines.
great company
Sitecore Developer (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIApril 17, 2018
It's a really good company. I worked as a contractor for a short-term project. The work environment is cool and the salary range is good. They offer good benefits.
Ability to Work on Job to gain the experience to move forward
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RI 02919April 5, 2018
As being a long term employee, I really had a good experience with the organization until I was forced into a situation based on reorg that was uncomfortable for me. Felt like I was being pushed out because of not gelling with new management. Then became ill so that was added and had issues with trying to get back on board after 30 years. Feel like it was a no win situation.
Pros
Benefits, Good working relationships for most part, ability to move up at points
Cons
Had to accept change even if a difficult situation of clashing personalities.
Nice company to work for
Technical Project Manager/Business Analysis (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 29, 2018
FM Global is an insurance company. Nice company to work for. Company is very stable. Has a great business model unlike any other insurance company I know of.
Excellent environment with a great resourceful team members
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIMarch 13, 2018
A typical day at FM Global I was

Responsible for imaging machines and performing weekly data migrations to upgrade end user machines
Provide Tier I and II desk side and remote support to FMG employees
Resolve and provide detailed descriptions of issues in ticketing system, escalate when necessary and follow up diligently to deliver excellent customer satisfaction
Perform and ensure proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software/hardware
Troubleshoot hardware issues with printer, monitors, desktops, computer accessories, and laptops
Interact with customers to fulfill requests, delivery orders, install and configure equipment

There were days hat we would be very busy, however we had a great team that will get the job done within the timely matter.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I helped an end user and they are able to perform their job well,
Good people
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  West Glocester, RIFebruary 15, 2018
Generally a good place to work. Interesting, challenging work with smart and thoughtful colleagues. Oddly manages to be highly bureaucratic and often poorly organized at the same time. System protection flows only one way, though; get a bad supervisor and you are virtually powerless. Strong respect for work/life balance and generally very good benefits, which make the mediocre salary stretch much farther.
Stable job environment
IT Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIFebruary 14, 2018
I have been working as a contractor since September. This seems to be a good company to make as a permanent job. Flexibility to make decisions on your own as it pertains to your business line.
Pros
Local company
Great company with great benefits
Engineer (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCFebruary 12, 2018
This is great company to work for. Benefits are robust with a minimum 3 weeks paid vacation. Maternity leave now includes 14 weeks off with 100% pay, and the new parental leave policy offers 4 weeks paid time off with 100% pay. Also, 401k contributions are matched dollar-for-dollar up to 6%.
Client Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAFebruary 7, 2018
Great place to work. Great benefits. Unless you are an engineer you are limited to career advancement. Everyone is friendly and wants to see you do well.
Pros
benefits, work life balance, great people
Cons
not many career advancement into management positions unless you are an engineer
Excellent company to work for
Underwritting (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIJanuary 18, 2018
Great company and great benefits. My experianance and opinion on management/advancement is that if you're not a bosses "favorite" you'll get no where no matter how hard you work.
Help Desk Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIDecember 19, 2017
Excellent management everyone gets treated equal and there are many ways to grow within the company and you can expand to a different department with help of management. There are great benefits offered as well.
Grill Cook (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MANovember 7, 2017
Fm global is a good company to work for. You get to learn alot from this company. You get to work with nice and fun people makes working alot better and the environment.
FM Global is an great company to work for
Premium Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RISeptember 22, 2017
Great company with great benefits. Would recommend working for to anyone. Company does great thing for the community also. Big with the United Way. Gives back to its people.
All in All an excellent corporation to work for.
Receptionist/Office Support (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 20, 2017
This company has excellent benefits, including a Fitness Center on site in The Johnston & Norwood offices. An employee cafe is also available for less than street prices and excellent staff & food. This company strives to keep it's employees informed of the company's status and achievements, welcomes new ideas from every employee, and has a reimbursement program for continuing education if the department manager approves.
Pros
Excellent benefits and fun company activities. Transfers to better jobs are first offered in house
Cons
A large portion of your employment experience is dependent on your department manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FM Global. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss