FM Global Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
no comment
Senior Access VBA Database Developer (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIOctober 2, 2018
there is no comment I have to describe another company, please use your own judgement on this because this would be a biased question and its not good
Very toxic envirinment
Client Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MASeptember 13, 2018
Very hostile and toxic environment to the point I could not do my job. Management plays favorites with employees. Micromanaged. If you report a problem then your life is made miserable
Benefits
Cons
Unhealthy work environment
Technical /Desktop Support Analyst
Help Desk Desktop Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIAugust 24, 2018
FM Global has a nice working environment. The it group is always
using the newest and updated software and hardware systems.I had the chance to learn more about imaging computers besides doing our usual phone/deskside support.
Great Company - Poor Management
Client Processing Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 21, 2018
Great company to work for. Unfortunately, not all locations are the same and I wasn't fortunate enough to work at a well balanced environment. Very competitive, toxic employees, and excessive micromanagement. If you like this line of business, I highly recommend the company because its benefits and career advancement. Good school for the business itself. However, the workplace environment is poor and hard to work with.
Pros
Great benefits and the opportunity of advancement
Cons
Toxic environment
Love this company
Finance (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIAugust 8, 2018
Great company to work for and I feel very lucky to have the opportunity to be here. They have a great business culture and provide so much for their employees.
Great benefits. No longer a secure company. Very poor, archaic management.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIJuly 23, 2018
They will get you interested with the great benefits package, but this company is no longer secure or a very good environment to work in. Management style is archaic, inept and the company is peppered with nepotism. They hired McKinsey to come in and get them ready for agile. The outcome was to layoff many employee's, even though there was no need to at all. Many were over 40 and are very good at what they do. This has negatively affected morale and productivity greatly. They put the entire IS department through a lot during the process. They eliminated over 150 jobs and made everyone re-apply for their old job, knowing very well who they were planning on letting go, regardless of the outcome of the interview. Yet, they kept nearly all the managers, many of which are quite inept. They laid off too many people for the work load and worse yet, they aren't ready for agile. It is clear management made these decisions too quickly and with no real plan surrounding resources in place. Managements expectations of IS are unrealistic. The open floor seating is horrible and makes it hard to concentrate. Zero privacy. No work from home policy. Things seem to be getting worse, not better. The pension isn't worth it. Sad that this is no longer the company it used to be.
Pros
Pension and 401K match are good. Vacation buy offered.
Cons
Archaic management style, inept management, too much nepotism, don't care about employees enough, poor raises, no work from home policy
Great Place
Network Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIJuly 11, 2018
Very Intelligent staff and highly professional. Privileged to work among such bright people. No one is over our shoulder and atmosphere is easy going, everyone knows their job.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
FM Global is a great place to work for and they care about employees benefits and families
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIJune 22, 2018
A day at work can change from day to day in that there are daily jobs as well as weekly and monthly jobs that must be done. It is a highly diversified company where you are interacting with people within the companies in addition to external companies and required government reporting. This is a global company and there was always new things to learn. I enjoyed working for them where we all worked as a team.
Pros
great benefits and family friendly
Cons
long hours December through end of January every year
Good company
Senior Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIJune 10, 2018
Having worked for FM Global for 18+ years, I have enjoyed the professional carer challenges and working with colleagues to produce quality products. There is currently a transformation to Agile software development and other innovative precesses to enhance teamwork and time to market for both internal and external clients
Pros
Good salary
Cons
mediocre management communication
Large company with laid back culture
Consultant Engineer (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXJune 5, 2018
FM Global is a good company to work for, and the benefits are excellent. Work hours are extremely flexible, and I am able to work from home a majority of the time. The company provides cars and all needed equipment to their field engineers, and they also cover all gas and toll road costs.
The company culture is relaxed overall, although the Dallas is office is more regimented than the company at large. The people working there are generally friendly. However, the job requires a lot of travel, so it can be difficult to make strong connections if you are not careful.
Pros
Great benefits, company car, very flexible work schedule, home office
Cons
Too much travel, lower pay than other engineering jobs in the area, difficult to make and maintain connections within the company
Have been away from company too long
NT Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAMay 8, 2018
The Company environment has likely changed often in the over 15 years that I have been away from this job for my review to be worthwhile. My summary is likely not helpful.
Excellent company
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIApril 29, 2018
Excellent company to work for. I was there for 23 years. I left when I
had my son as I only wanted to work part time. Great working environment. See my resume for a list of my duties.
What I learned at FM Global
Client Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAApril 24, 2018
I learned how to rate commercial property accounts which was very different from rating on the agency side of insurance. It was fulfilling and I was sorry to leave.
Pros
Great co-workers and management
Awsome place to work
Senior Account Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAApril 24, 2018
This is a place where I see more people committed to a company and wiliness to advance if the individual desires. A person can stay in a post for as long as they like, The training is key, the best I have had both in content and delivery.

It is not for all, hard work is expected and most of the time it is hard to leave since you want enjoy the work. The work culture is great.
Pros
Training, Travel, Benifits, and culture
Cons
long hours, travel, unexpected deadlines.
great company
Sitecore Developer (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIApril 17, 2018
It's a really good company. I worked as a contractor for a short-term project. The work environment is cool and the salary range is good. They offer good benefits.
Ability to Work on Job to gain the experience to move forward
Lead Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RI 02919April 5, 2018
As being a long term employee, I really had a good experience with the organization until I was forced into a situation based on reorg that was uncomfortable for me. Felt like I was being pushed out because of not gelling with new management. Then became ill so that was added and had issues with trying to get back on board after 30 years. Feel like it was a no win situation.
Pros
Benefits, Good working relationships for most part, ability to move up at points
Cons
Had to accept change even if a difficult situation of clashing personalities.
Nice company to work for
Technical Project Manager/Business Analysis (Current Employee) –  Norwood, MAMarch 29, 2018
FM Global is an insurance company. Nice company to work for. Company is very stable. Has a great business model unlike any other insurance company I know of.
Excellent environment with a great resourceful team members
Service Desk Technician (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RIMarch 13, 2018
A typical day at FM Global I was

Responsible for imaging machines and performing weekly data migrations to upgrade end user machines
Provide Tier I and II desk side and remote support to FMG employees
Resolve and provide detailed descriptions of issues in ticketing system, escalate when necessary and follow up diligently to deliver excellent customer satisfaction
Perform and ensure proper installation of cables, operating systems, and appropriate software/hardware
Troubleshoot hardware issues with printer, monitors, desktops, computer accessories, and laptops
Interact with customers to fulfill requests, delivery orders, install and configure equipment

There were days hat we would be very busy, however we had a great team that will get the job done within the timely matter.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I helped an end user and they are able to perform their job well,
Good people
Slot Attendant (Former Employee) –  West Glocester, RIFebruary 15, 2018
Generally a good place to work. Interesting, challenging work with smart and thoughtful colleagues. Oddly manages to be highly bureaucratic and often poorly organized at the same time. System protection flows only one way, though; get a bad supervisor and you are virtually powerless. Strong respect for work/life balance and generally very good benefits, which make the mediocre salary stretch much farther.
Stable job environment
IT Purchasing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIFebruary 14, 2018
I have been working as a contractor since September. This seems to be a good company to make as a permanent job. Flexibility to make decisions on your own as it pertains to your business line.
Pros
Local company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FM Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight