FM Global Employee Review

Like working in 1997...and not in a good way
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Johnston, RIApril 28, 2015
After coming from a larger insurance company, it's amazing to me how FM Global stays in business. The IS management has no real industry skill, and most of them only have their jobs because they've been here forever, "Tenure over merit" should be the company motto.

There is no emphasis on career or professional development. While HR puts an emphasis on it, in practice managers just sweep it under the carpet, and ignore fundamentals like goal/objective setting, and skill advancement/training.

Aside from incompetent management, and lack of career advancement opportunities, the work life balance is pretty good, and the benefits are adequate.

Had I known what I was getting in to, I would have never accepted a position here at FM Global, and I would not recommend the company to any of my friends/colleagues.

Other FM Global Employee Reviews

Horrible and incompetent micromanagers at the VP and middle manager levels
Employee (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 10, 2019
Company has lost its identity in recent years. Loss of respect after decades of top industry reputation. Attempts to become a software company through a rushed and botched Agile implementation has taken a toll on morale.
Strong Company to Work for
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 24, 2019
Working for a such a knowledgeable company has its advantages and disadvantages. Lots to learn from and adapt to but individuals can get lost in the big machine. Advancement depends on the type of manager one has. Not all managers are equipped to coach or mentor so individuals need to take it upon themselves to advance their career.
Pros
Benefit packages
Cons
Poor career development programs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FM Global. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss