FN MANUFACTURING

FN MANUFACTURING Employee Reviews

Benefits
The only good thing about this place is benefits and discounts. If you can deal will lousy raises, no advancement, and arrogant upper management this is the place for you
Production job was fun
I really enjoyed working at FN it was actually the best job i ever had till this day. Everyone was friendly and outgoing. Great place to work.. The CEO of the company is a wonderful man.
Pros
They catered dinners to the employees and gave discounts on weapons.
Cons
No cons. I loved it!
factory work
this is a factory job. it is long hours with repetitive work. it is usually simple stuff and management is fairly forgiving about messing up.

my issue was because i was hired on temporary with a job review after 90 days to be hired full time or be let go. 90 days came and went and no review. tried talking to management, and was told i would have to wait an additional 60 days. during this time, when full time employees lines broke, they were moved to my line and i (along with other temporary employees) were sent home. this happened three times and management would not talk to me about it or give any kind of time line on when i would able to get full time status. i quit once i was sent home the third time.
Pros
insane discounts
One of the most professional jobs i have ever worked on
This was a place that had great standards and perfection was needed when it came to doing this job which customers are looking for the best quality work
typical day
A typical work day consist of getting updated on the production schedule, then run the piece and turn it into QC to be check before starting the days production. The work culture was relaxed, I had much autonomy because I ran the machine alone.
decent place to work
clean and decent manufacturing facility. No room for advancement unless you've been there 20-30 years or are related to management or in the correct clique. work skills and knowledge don't factor into advancement. its strictly based on seniority no matter skills or qualifications
Enjoyable place to work
Good support. Good set up and maintenance staff. Helpful co-workers. employee discounts on merchandise. Good compensation.
training was kept current.
Pros
Good clean facility
Cons
Great place for employment for the surrounding area.
Gun barrels inspections using various methods of measurement. Equipment used are CMM, hard gages, calipers, micrometers, etc. Need to have the ability to interpret drawings, GD&T knowledge, computer skills, great communication and being a team player.
Pros
Discounts on merchandise.
Cons
Bad communication between upper management and employees.
Was a change for me to go from engineering to production supervision
I was released from this job due to my lack of experience managing the production of the finishing department. I still leaned toward the engineering aspects, and should have paid more attention to what I was hired to do. Good people. Great place.
They are passionate about the guns they produce
This company takes great pride in crafting the best weaponry possible. Their quality standards are very high and they are proud of the military weapons they produce.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Sometimes the employees with longevity look down on new hires
Productive and great place to work.
FN is a place where you feel important and are taken well care of. It's the closest atmosphere to a family i have experienced in the work field and am grateful for the opportunity and experience.
good place
great people great machines clean workplace nice food wish they wouldnt cut hours but i miss working there typical day at work was running a few machines running a cmm and checking with gages
Great place to work.
Clock in at the beginning of the work day and report to station. pick orders that are to be transferred to work stations to complete orders for shipping. at the end of the day, clean up work area and report to manager/supervisor before leaving for the day
Pros
Great atmosphere, safe working environment, positive attitude amongst co-workers
Cons
Long shifts, little to no breaks
Great learning experience. Had the opportunity to learn different job duties. Great place to work, Worked different shifts. Experienced off-site job training.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
great place to work, with great benifits.
Manufacturer of military, commercial firearms, and aftermarket products for the gun and firearm enthusiasts.
Large percentage of components are purchased and assembled in the factory.
Pros
Modern facility, great benifits
learned to make guns
I enjoyed this job to the upmost very fast paced the hardest part was getting guns assemblemed and tested to make sure they fire correctly. and when atf came to do a serial number audit.
Pros
paid every week 4 days on 3 days off
Cons
no break
Great place to work. Dedicated/knowledgeable employees
typical day included a review of hourly employees productivity, team meeting to discuss the previous days productivity, assign the current days objectives, attend several meetings with other teams for their input, current & future requirements, & meetings on continuous improvement teams, There was daily interface with accounting, quality, & Engineering. Communication was key in success. A monthly meeting was held with the upper management to report key KPI's for the Business Unit. The workers at N are the beat. The hardest part of my job was juggling all of the various priorities from the various department. The most enjoyable was working with the people.
Pros
Current update on all key objectives
Cons
The meeting lasted 8 hours
Decent place to work
A typical day at work consisted of putting out many "fires" that showed up on our desks daily. I learned a great deal about government procurement and government approved vendors from this job. The management was part of a "Good Ol Boy" network, so there was not a lot of room for advancement. Management also had a tendency to make off handed comments about the female employees.
Pros
Co workers, vendor / supplier relationships
great
great place all around, only porblem is keeping production flow going
Laid back enviroinment
Because this is a manufacturing company, I would verify orders either coming in or going out. Make sure all documentation was in order either from FN or from the buyer and that all information was being followed by the ATF guidelines. I enjoyed working with both my management and with my co-workers. Everyone will help eachother out and provide guidance and assistance when needed. The hardest part of the job was doing the ATF Audit only because it was a massive undertaking to verify all of the inventory but it was also one of the things that I like doing as well. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with.
When we had a Military Contract......(2008)
The 12 hour shift for 3 days was worth it! Paid for the equivalence of 40 hours plus full time benefits. Won company products on Family Day, and Christmas party! Would Ford or GM give away their cheapest car to an employee on a raffle ticket? Too bad we lost out to Colt. I was part of a mass layoff. Miss the people I worked with. It's a young man's job.
Pros
treated the employees with respect! decent pay!
Cons
long hours on your feet, filter fans broke down alot. greasy clothes!