FNBT - First National Bank Texas Employee Reviews

Family oriented company!
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 21, 2019
I absolutely loved working at FNBT! It's very family oriented and there are opportunities to grow! They really care about the employees as well as members of the community. If we hadn't moved, I'd still be there!
Pros
Employee events, birthday celebrations, discounts, opportunities for advancement
Cons
The pay is a little low but I think enjoying your job is priceless!
Relaxed environment
Items Processing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 5, 2019
My position was data entry all day
Pretty relaxed but we were not dismissed until job was done
Schedule was horrible ? No weekends off
Worked late hours
But besides that everyone was friendly and relaxed environment and was able to use phone while working to listen to music
Pros
Doing what I love data entry
Cons
Schedule was horrible and so were the hours no social life
Easy Job
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 31, 2019
Your assigned duties are easy to learn, involves alot of repetative work. Management is unfair and leans towards the faviortes of the department, as a bilingual representative it was difficult to grow within the department because the high call volume of Spanish calls and numbered amount of Spanish representatives.
Not for people with any moral values..
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 29, 2019
So many things are wrong with this “bank “.
There is no such thing as a “Customer Service “, honestly, team work, knowledge of bank products , accuracy of cash handling. Only expectations are harassment of shoppers to open accounts.
Cons
Fun environment but make sure work gets done
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXMarch 22, 2019
A typical day at work is providing excellent customer service to employees and customers, assist in daily duties for the day, communicate to upper management.

The hardest part of a job is making sure you have a satisfied customer.

The most enjoyable part of a job is employees smiling all day, having a great day and getting alone as a team.
Pros
good pay
Cons
employees calling in
Productive and Relaxing
Teller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2019
A typical day at work was always interesting because you never knew what type of customer would walk through the door. The thing I enjoyed the most about the job were the weekly promotions, giving back to the customers in any way possible. It showed how family oriented the bank truly was. Although it was a professional setting we also had fun!
Pros
promotions
Cons
can sometimes be stressful
horrible workplace with no HR support
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 3, 2019
back stabbing culture with a high pressure on sales at all costs to the customer. no training or support. employees are treated as numbers and disposable without a care
Easy
Balance and Data Entry (TEMP) (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 1, 2019
Although I was a temporary employee. I enjoyed every part of it. The work was easy and very simple. Managers were easy going. If I was permanent I think things would have been better.
Pros
Great in everything if I weren't a temporary employee.
Cons
Department shrinking
First convenience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 19, 2018
Well behind the curve with pay. Benefits were only offered as an assistant t branch manager and above. Does not seem to represent meritocracy. Great for first time banking position.
Fast Paced, Promotion Driven
First Convenience Bank Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 19, 2018
If you are looking for a place where you can advance quickly and grow, this is the place. Plenty of expansion and opportunity throughout this company.
Teller supervisor
Teller/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 18, 2018
Working for First national was fun and exciting, lots of opportunity for advancement. Branch management was not invested and moral was bad because of it and pay was not adequate for job duties.
Pros
fun and exciting
Cons
pay
Good place to work but hard to advance
Human Resource Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  703 Swanner Loop, Killeen Texas 76543November 1, 2018
Large amount of phone calls within the 8 hour work day, learned to improvise and make decisions with little to no guidance, back office departments displayed teamwork and morale support.
Pros
Wearing Jeans on Friday
Cons
No Teamwork, Lack of Commuication
Do your research on the department you want to apply to
Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 26, 2018
My time at this financial institution had its ups and downs. They are some individuals that are great at their job and their leadership skills show this, But there are also individuals in management who although being employed by the bank for more than a decade no longer possess professionalism or integrity. A lot of time was wasted on gossip among management and employees, Issues that should have been resolved on the spot where carried on and created a distraction.

When applying to the bank take into consideration that most department managers and supervisors will not accommodate tricky schedules. As far as workplace culture people talk about each other, important issues address from employee to supervisor may or may not be fixed depending on that supervisor. Also, Do not be surprised if your realize favoritism is a big issue. As I stated make sure you do your research and choose your department wisely there is a reason why many of the departments become revolving doors and that should be an important question asked when interviewed.

The company itself can use some work, Pay is NOT competitive when compared to other institutions in the area and when you ask your own employees to vote you "Best in Central Texas" you really have to think about what you are doing wrong and why your own customers will not vote you as the best.
Pros
pay can be good if your BILINGUAL, health insurance is okay
Cons
lack of integrity, lack of professionalism, little room to move up
hate it
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 26, 2018
run far far far away pro managemnet friendships get you ahead the lie cheat and steal the use you until the dont need you anymore . do not work here run away
Pros
Cons
everything
I loved it here
Certified Branch Trainer Level IV (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 23, 2018
I loved this company! They are the first place I worked where I felt that I was paid what I was truly worth. They give great promotions as often as you can earn them. I appreciate my time with them.
honest and a place to grow up
Sales (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXSeptember 12, 2018
First Natonal Bank Texas is a job where we can learn and grow up in the company. It offers all kinds of benefits and is a safe and honest work place. Customer service is a great role because most of the job is by talking to people to do sales. Interacting with people is most of the job in this place.
I wouldnt recommend this company
Branch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Sales goals that are very hard to achieve creates a tense working environment. I never felt pressure like I did at this company. I felt like my job was on the line every month.
I loved working at FNCB
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJuly 24, 2018
I absolutely loved being a Personal Banker. I miss it very much. With the right driver one can very quickly climb the career ladder. We worked hard and had a great time doing it. Nothing but positive things
Extremely poor management
Customer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 6, 2018
Management practices discrimination. Favoritism abounds. Very little training provided. Constant schedule changes. Non-working equipment is blamed on employees.
good company
Personal Banker Level III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 5, 2018
this company is highly recommended to people who like to work hard and do not mind to work with extras. High energy and self motivated people are crucial to this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FNBT - First National Bank Texas. Our community is ready to answer.