Focal Point Employee Reviews

Cnc
CNC Punch Press Programmer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 8, 2019
Focal Point was a very good company that was growing during the years I was working. It gave me the opportunity to learn the job position and gave me the opportunity to grow on my personal experience.
Fast pace enviroment
Family own company
Good Safety Culture
Very diverse company
competitive
Shipping desk clerk at Focal Point (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2018
Focal Point is a good company and they have many opportunities to grow in develop. Unfortunately, they have poor management and overwork their people.
Great people and culture with hard work.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60632June 4, 2018
A typical day consisted of getting the order along with the part needed to assemble the lamp for the first half, and the other half of the day was spent packaging and sending the lamps to shipping. The culture was great as the people were cheerful and hard working. The hardest part was the warehouse temperature. The most enjoyable was looking back at the day of hard work and all the progress made.
Working at Focal point
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 13, 2018
Working at Focal Point was challenging as a receiver trying to get the right parts to the right location but I learned very quickly with excellent training. My co-workers were very helpful to one another it was a team effort ,like a family enviorment.
can be a fun place to work
Manager - Financial Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLApril 10, 2018
They try to do different things to be innovative or fun. Very knowledgeable staff and a good place to grow due to the size. You have access to executive level management from the lowest staff level
Good Opportunity
Material Handler, Welding Expert and Assembling (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 10, 2018
Focal Point was a wonderful place to work at but it was a temporary job. I will recommend the company to anybody that has focal point in they interest.
Workplace Culture
Safety Clerk/Assistant to EHS Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2018
Focal Point definitely excels where other companies may falter. Their ability to make you feel welcome and a part of a family is tremendous. You are definitely viewed as an asset and not simply another employee. The company is always expressing its appreciation to its employees in a variety of ways.
Progressive Family Owned Business
Vice President of Human Resource (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2017
Progressive, family owned company with all of the benefits and issues that come with that. A growing business that has great potential and a very positive future.
okay place
Loading Technician (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCOctober 10, 2017
If you just looking for a start up job and fresh out of school and they didn't do a background check. You can drive a forklift and use a scanner then you have a place to work.
Typical Day: Busy days and evenings but worthwhile
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 26, 2017
Planning was always key for the daily tasks. Typical work environment, business casual dress and client interfacing. Was basically the VP of marketing and sales. Managed geographically separated recruiters both in the US and internationally. Lots of out of office new client meetings and negotiations. Enjoyed the experience.
high level of work accuracy and need for efficient production
FULL TIME HOURLY ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60632February 21, 2017
this company is on the upward trend and has not stop changing. if the training is available, get it and learn it ASAP. otherwise you'll be left behind. this company had the perfect blend of work and personal life, until they updated their equipment.
Pros
benefits, production and engineering interaction
Cons
moving to fast for good people to keep up
Good internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2016
Worked as an assembler and machine operator in a fast paced manufacturing environment. This was my 1st FT job and I was able to keep up, work in hot conditions, get through some tough times and learn how to work in a team.
Pros
I was placed in a real world experience and was successful
Cons
it was only for a summer internship and I wish it was longer
Focal Point
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Dulles, VAMay 30, 2016
This was a pleasant company to work for.
A typical day was receiving incoming parts and packages for management. Distributing packages, bin locating parts, pulling parts for upcoming projects and packing projects for shipment to customers.Management and my co-workers were very friendly and helpful and made working there very enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was finding space to put all the new parts as the were delivered to me.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, flexible working hours.
Cons
Not enough work at times to keep me busy.
Fun work partners, but no room for growth
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 8, 2016
The best thing about Focal Point is getting paid weekly. The workers are great, but management could be more supportive.
Pros
Provide uniforms
Cons
Higher compensation is not an option
Fun place to work
MOLD OPERATOR/PRODUCTION TECH (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCNovember 8, 2015
it was a great place to work I always as had fun at work I never was bored the pay was great until they closed down the job was great with great benefits
Great mentors
Marketing Intern (Current Employee) –  GlendaleJuly 31, 2015
I worked with management during my days at the office. The employees there really enjoy their work life, which shows in their effort. I learned the most working for this company. I was able to join in on client calls, and plan webinars. I have had a great experience.
Pros
Cons
Traffic driving there
Great company
Heavy workload
Good communication
Down to Earth executives
Summer hours
Great family to work for
Customer Service Project Leader (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 22, 2013
Great company however, managers don't manage and there is no training as they promised. We are unable to answer questions from customers when training was not provided
Pros
great benefits
Cons
management
Inventory Controller (Former Employee) –  Charleroi, PAAugust 25, 2013
Great place to work.
Invoicing
apply lock boxes
apply incoming checks
did freight claims
used fax & postage machines
Pros
Flexibable hours
Cons
Went out of bussiness after working there 10+ years