Focus Academy

Working at Focus Academy: 8 Reviews

United States8 reviews

Great kids

The students are greatest part of working at Focus Academy. The pay is very low for all the work. No clear job discriptions or expectations for staff. Very long exhausting work days.

Pros

Students

Cons

Low Pay

Great kids, Terrible leaders

People ONLY stay because of the kids that they fall in love working with. Administration really needs to learn more about their employees and things are not kept confidential between them and other staff members. They can say what they want but its be proven countless times that employees do not trust the admin team and hard work goes extremely unnoticed. There is no family atmosphere and many of the staff feel as though they’re constantly walking on eggshells around the higher-ups. Staff are always leaving to find other jobs where they may be appreciated more and not looked down on. There is 0 respect for EA’s and they are sometimes treated like they don’t know anything and aren’t “worthy” of sharing an opinion. Unless you’re a teacher or apart of admin your opinion doesnt matter unless you’re making the school aware of some drama going on.

Pros

Great kids, easy parking, easy work

Cons

Untrustworthy admin, too much gossip, opinions will only be considered if you’re in a higher up position.

Focus Academy insights

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Horrible Admin

Let me start out saying the school is amazing the the students are what will make your day. The teachers and EA's are wonderful and the best people I had worked with.But The Administration and the owner of the school are bias are best friends with each other. The open door policy don't exist ! You will get the door slam on ! They also treat there employee's with disabilitys like trash ! They need a HR! The operation director is bias !

I recommend Focus Academy service.

I give Focus Academy the credit for my sense of creativity they were able to make out of me because of their job atmosphere and team work. I had the pleasure to work them and I was honored that Jordan has this Academy

great place to build experience

I enjoyed working with the kids at FOCUS academy. However, the teaching was not very organized, never suggested and had to be designed on my own. There were kids of all ages in one too who had to be managed at once. I was usually the only one there for a few hours. It is a nice place and the boss is super nice, but the pay was not enough.

Administration Assistant

Wonderful location to work. It is a very inspirational environment. I deeply miss the Director's, staff, and students. I would highly recommend employment. TJ :)

Official response from Focus Academy

July 15, 2019
Thanks for your recommendation! We appreciate your comments, and hope you have continued success.

Focus Academy listens and takes into consideration each of their employees and their specific needs. They are willing to work with each individual and place them in the classroom and environment that promotes their strengths. They support promoting from within and have done so frequently. It was a fantastic place to work, especially if you love kids, being creative, and collaborating with others.

Pros

Amazing staff, students, and parents. Great location and size of classes.

Cons

none!

Overworked and Unappreciated

There is a clique that runs the school including administration down. They prefer to hire family, family friends or friends/significant others of current employees. During the interview, it was all about family culture but it was the exact opposite of that if you did not fit in with the clique. I went above and beyond and it was never acknowledged.

Official response from Focus Academy

August 15, 2017
We are very sorry to hear that this former employee feels this way. Our Administrative Team strives to hire the best qualified individual for the position, period. Employees are always free to refer acquaintances to our program for consideration. A welcoming family atmosphere is truly something the school tries to create for all employees, and we feel we have been successful as we have had limited staff turnover in four years. We extend our best wishes for future success to our former employee.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Focus Academy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits