FOCUS Brands Employee Reviews

Organized Chaos
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 3, 2018
For a company as big as focus, there is a clear lack of organization and huge turnover rate. Not much appreciation for loyal employees and no clear advancement path. Constant change in leadership makes it very hectic for mid-level management to perform their duties.
Pros
great work activities
Cons
turnover
Poor leadership with huge turnover rate
Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 11, 2018
Extreme examples of poor leadership team.
No support for retaining existing high performing employees at all. Huge turnover rate.
Poor management examples include over-hiring in certain departments that result in position eliminations of long-tenured successful employees. Overall extremely poor management and poor leadership with no appreciation for high performing loyal employees.
Good environment and people
FRANCHISE LICENSE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 26, 2018
Great place to work for it, my team was collaborative and a fun environment. Work hard, play harder.

The technology tools are the best. No brand has this technology.
Pros
great inviroment
Cons
same position has better salary in another franchise company
Foodie Culture
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2018
Scrappy and supportive culture of foodies. Sales function is highly valued. Great global brands that win peoples hearts. Management is not as experienced as some companies but very kind.
Great place to intern!
International Supply chain intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 7, 2018
I had an awesome experience at FOCUS Brands this summer! It gave me a great structure for my future career. I made relationships that will last a lifetime. Highly recommend!
Manager of Focus Brands For Anheuser Busch InBev
Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 8, 2019
During this time working on the Anheuser-Busch Focus Brands was extremely fulfilling. We worked hard and was recognized for our work efforts. It was exciting to build and grow key brand metrics.
Ok place to work
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
There is regular turnover. There is a lot of burn-out and over worked employees. The leaders are not living up to their titles. In some areas there are toxic individuals continuously creating strife for others to advance themselves.

Diversity is improving.
Pros
A good place to see what not to do, then try to change to a positive if you like challanges
Cons
Lack of Leadership and Communication where it counts
Great place for the grind
Sales Manager - Catering and Sales (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 30, 2014
Focus is a fantastic company. They offer a lot of opportunity to develop and have a great growth strategy. Moe's can be good if you like a lot of work and not a lot of personal time or growth.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits, opportunity
Cons
work life balance, management, stratey
Entrepreneurial and dynamic work environment
VP International Marketing (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2018
Have been with Focus Brands for a year now working in the international division. It's a dynamic growth environment with lot of opportunities to make a difference. A collaborative open space culture with easy access to senior management and quick fast paced decision making.
Worked for Focus Brands for a little less than a year
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2016
Great pay and benefits. Great company to gain experience. Company needs work on valuing the employee a little more. Communication was a big issue in this company. Overall the company seems to be doing well.
Pros
Great pay and Benefits; Great place to gain experience
Cons
Employees not valued; Not a stable place to work

Want to know more about FOCUS Brands?

Ask a question
N/a
Executive Assistant to the CEO (Current Employee) –  atlanta, georgiaFebruary 22, 2015
Excellent
good work environment
work/life balance
compensation
benefits
development
fast paced
hours
food
management
culture
Bullying within the Department
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2017
poor managers, no promotion if you aren't a part of the "group". Managers were unable to separate their friendships with the employees they manage. This is the first company that I worked at where there was bullying within the team.
Pros
work life balance and pay
Cons
bullying within the department, untrustworthy managers
Official response from FOCUS Brands
October 9, 2017

We apologize for the experience you had within FOCUS Brands. We really value our people and care about their experiences within our organization.

Good place to work but too laid back.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2017
My work days were not too stressed, but there was FCST'ing/Budgeting times where I worked long hours. I had plenty of visibility to senior management and C Level executives.
Very entrepreneurial
Director/GM - Consumer Products (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 17, 2015
Great co-workers and well known brands; Entrepreneurial environment with many opportunities to grow the brands; top down management style...culture of franchising with heavy food service and licensing emphasis; Recently moved to a new building with an open environment...Interesting to say the least; beautiful and fun building
Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 7, 2017
Nice office, caring culture, good brands, well located, good systems , good operations culture, innovative research and development, attentive to CI and trends
Pros
nice office
Cons
health care coverage could be more competitive
Good Internship
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 26, 2017
great place to intern and learn about the corporate side of a franchise. fun place, always something going on and a high spirited atmosphere. you get to see alot more than just the one brand you intern for.
Official response from FOCUS Brands
October 9, 2017

We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience with our Internship program! One of the best parts about our internship program is the people we meet and get to watch grow through the process!

Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Doraville, GAMarch 14, 2013
Typical full cycle AP days. Learned new system and expanded responsibilities. Fun loving management. Helpful coworkers. Hardest was that invoices for payment were received late on Tuesday needing to be processed by Wednesday for check run on Thursday. Most enjoyable was what I learned and completing the work on time.
Pros
free soft drink fountain, taste testing
Cons
temp position
Good place to work but not a lot of career opportunities
graphic designer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2017
working with a total of five field marketing managers to produce content for 350 different franchised stores; using clean design and typographical hierarchy to increase franchisees’ sales
Great fun place to work
Training General Manager (Former Employee) –  4880 Peachtree corners circle Norcross Ga. 30092May 14, 2016
I had the best supervisor I have ever experienced in my career. I did inventories, trained, ordering,payroll,confrence calls, reconciled p&l's maintained budgets. Most enjoyable was my supervisor who taught me so much and what I learned "can it be fixed?" then fix it. Hardest part was when the company closed
Productive and fun work place
Cashier/Maintenance Engineer/Hospitality Attendant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2014
Would go to your carvel stand set up ice cream and utensils.
How close out my register and operate heavy machinery.
Management was amazing
Coworkers were amazing as well.
The hardest part of the job was it being seasonal
Getting to interact with new types of customers everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FOCUS Brands. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.3InHerSight Score

4.7Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight