Fogo de Chao Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Good environment, great co workers
Dishwasher and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILAugust 6, 2018
The nicest people you’ll ever know. They makes service seem like a piece of cake , Any & everyone takes time out to help each other. Great food and drinks
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
The people are great workers but the place... i wouldnt say the same
Cocinero (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 26, 2018
El ambiente es bueno por los trabajadores pero el lugar en general
Pros
Los empleados son amigables
Cons
No pagan vacaciones ni nada, y aveces abusan de los empleados
Fun work place
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 17, 2018
Fun work place lack of job advancement, lack of hours, lack of, days , management isn’t the best and it can be very unorganized. Awesome friendly staff, but very under staffed as well.
productive, fast paced enviornment
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 4, 2018
I would start the day off cleaning everything the customers would see and touch. Such as the podium, information goodie table, and the windows. Then go around the restaurant tables double checking if everything was in place (forks, knives, napkins, chairs).
Pros
free lunch and dinner after every shift, and 3 hour breaks
Cons
the manager that used to work there was very rude
Better places
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 26, 2018
For the environment being "high-class", it's the bottom of that rating. You're on shared tips, and it doesn't matter how good you're serving someone if the people you're working with suck, which is common. If you have decent server experience, you can make better money elsewhere and for better work hours. You do not get a good work-life balance here, never expect to have weekends off and expect doubles every weekend too.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Work way more than the pay is worth
Fogo was busy and full of fun people
Cashier/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 26, 2018
Fogo was busy and full of fun people to work with. There was opportunities for advancement and pay raises. It was a good temporary job where I learned and grew a lot.
Best Customer Service Experience
Hostess/Cashier/Waitress/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Addison, TXJune 25, 2018
I was very lucky to had worked here and learned as much as I deed from a restaurant this place was and it's the best customer service school ever! Management was a great tool.
Great Place to Work!
Manager (Former Employee) –  CAJune 13, 2018
Great Company. I worked here for 6 years and I was promoted within 4 to Manager. The only down side is you work a lot, and there is not much time outside of work.
Fogo
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 12, 2018
Great people just a little Strick on a lot of things . A lot of standing hours are not great checks are okay. Some mangers are hard to understand Saturday’s are busy
Pros
Meals, pay
Cons
Hours, rule followers
Very strong culture, history of the brand
Management (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 29, 2018
Great people with a passion for what they do, who they serve and integrity for the brand. Authentic guest experience based on the long-standing traditions of the Brazilian Churascaria.
Pros
People, culture, authentic
Cons
Losing focus on the brand mission
productive good money
Busser/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMay 14, 2018
I learn a lot you get paid every two weeks good money you get free food really good benefits you get your tips percentage up as you star working there for a long period of time
Pros
free lunch
Cons
you work avery holiday
Fun and demanding work environment.
Busser/Server (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA 95128May 7, 2018
A typical day at work would include about 700-1000 dinner reservations which include setting tables, restocking the dining area, filling glasses, assisting servers and bartenders, above all friendly customer service.
Pros
Free Dinner.
Cons
Managment.
Fun, but very tiring & stressing
Busser (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 3, 2018
The managers are really biased towards some servers & let them slack off while the ones who break their back get mistreated. The only people that are actually nice are the ones in the kitchen & the cooks, as well as the main boss.
Very very stressful
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 15, 2018
I only work at this job for a short time . It was a great job and I had great hopes but I discovered most of the managers did not speak English .. I was threatened multiple times with my job they held it over your head and believe me they reminded you every day That you can be replaced ... orientation was 10 days in a row 8 to 9 hours a day with no breaks I worked in the back like I said great job I loved it I have really high hopes to be there a lot longer very very very very bad management skills ..
Pros
Yes you got a free lunch but you were still on the clock you don’t get no breaks
Cons
No breaks
good
Hostess and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX 77063March 29, 2018
Fast paced atmosphere. Managers aren't the best. Stressful place to work at. Good benefits and they are very good about moving you up in the company. They provide your uniforms.
Awesome
Customer/Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 27, 2018
It was Great! Awesome company and people to work with. Gt office and surrounding locations. Need to work hard and stay focused. great executives and upper management.
Pros
Awesome
Great Company
Office & Sales Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 21, 2018
Great Company! Great people! Everything about this company is great! Management is all well experienced and the staff learns a lot from them. Best job !
Fine Work Environment
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAMarch 20, 2018
Great for young kids out of high school getting their first job. Work in the evening hours, the team can be fun.

I feel that management needs to be a bit more focused on career growth for employees.
Employees fell replaceable
FOH staff (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 19, 2018
The main issue with the restaurant in Philadelphia is the feeling that the GM don't care about the employees as he is constantly condescending. Everybody feels replaceable and mostly not motivated. If you can go past that, and show up to work and perform well, you should not had a problem.
Pros
Free employee meals
Cons
short breaks, bad management
Very fast paced and competitive
Server (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 8, 2018
I would recommend this job to someone who is willing to put in work, very fast paced environment. We do get free food at the end of shifts and pay is consistent even during the summer.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fogo de Chao. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.0InHerSight Score

1.0Personal Development

1.1Career Opportunities

1.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight