Foley Carrier Services LLC Employee Reviews in Glastonbury, CT

Featured review
Foley Carrier Services LLC selected this as a representative review
Great Career Opportunity
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 7, 2019
The entire HR team has been so great with helping me grow personally and professionally. As a recent graduate, it is important to me to have great mentors while I begin my career in recruitment. This is a great company to work for, as they are committed to helping their employees meet their goals and succeed. I am more than happy to be apart of the Foley Family!
Very Difficult Company and Culture
Manager, Customer Service and Collections (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJune 7, 2015
It's been a few years since I worked for Foley so I'm hopeful things have changed. The company provides drug testing and compliance needs to the trucking industry. Generally, there are very few people who have this background coming in, so you need to train the skill. This training is promised and rarely delivered.

In a management role, you are expected to work well above 40 hours a week. There is no work life balance. Working at Foley is your life. The culture is results first, regardless how you get there. If you've been there a long time and have had success, you are in the clique. If not, you are on the outside looking in.

Trust is very low and there is a constant battle between employees and management.

The hardest part was learning the business. You are expected to read the reg book on your own time.

I would not recommend this company.
Pros
I had a very good salary
Cons
Low Trust Culture
No one is happy
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTFebruary 19, 2015
Over-time became required. Compensation was very minimal compared to the amount of work done. Raises didn't make much difference. Instead of hiring more workers, work got added to overly stressed workers.
Pros
25 cent soda machine, free keurig coffee
Cons
Everything else
Great environment, great people to work with.
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJune 12, 2013
Typical day at work consisted of answering phone calls making phone calls to clients about their accounts. I learned a lot about DOT regulations, my co workers were very helpful. The hardest part about the job, memorizing all the rules and regulations to be in compliance with the DOT.
Pros
9-5 no weekends
Cons
Short breaks
Company that trumpets change, yet is change resistant
Management (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTMay 12, 2013
This is a tough business to learn. The company provides an extremely important service in drug testing and compliance needs for the trucking industry. The regulations for the trucking industry are extensive and complicated. Therefore, Foley has a strong purpose as if the small companies could figure this out for themselves, they would not need someone to provide the services. That said, there is a lot of turn over here, and part of it is the lack of training. You are basically on your own. Those who stay are invaluable as there is little bench strength. So if you are an employee who is ethically challenged, but are smart in the business, you get a pass. This is extremely demoralizing. Work/life balance is no existent. Management's philosophy was "catch you doing something wrong," not "right."
Pros
Free parking, medical benefits
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Trust and Openness
Bait-and-switch hiring tactics; loose-lipped management; weak HR structure
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJuly 5, 2012
Senior management's annual plan excludes critical components to successfully forecast anticipated growth - amateurish. Consider carefully where the real growth is before taking a job here. The website for Foley Carrier is very light on content, difficult to navigate, on certain landing pages will not load and competes directly with the inside sales department. Middle management and HR personnel regularly ignore labor laws. You could be hired for one job (and you accept the job offer thinking that's the job you'll be doing) only to discover that you're in another position. Management volunteered that a former salesperson was no longer working there because he was in jail. HR recordkeeping at the Glastonbury, CT Foley Carrier location is disorganized, HR staff people are marginalized, and the corporate office in MA is not responsive.
If you are considering working in sales, beware: your future earnings are eroded by more than 50% due to cancels and non-payments. There is no cut-off date for commission reversals. Women beware: misogyny is the general tone of sales management. Find out how many of the full time sales staff are female (was less than a third.) The sales department suffers from much higher attrition percentages than similar positions at other companies. Sales professionals earn considerably more at other companies for similar production volume, concepts and products. There are a handful of longtime inside sales reps and some of these present as entitled and bullies. Other departments chronically do not communicate the same information to customers as does the sales
  more... staff, leading to customer and sales staff confusion and frustration, diminished credibility and lost sales. There are many negative online reviews of this company by customers.  less
Pros
nice building on bus line, so the many employees who do not have transportation, especially from east hartford, can easily commute, pleasant location, cafe for breakfast and lunch in building, free and proximate parking
Cons
employee talent that is not mission-critical not sought developed nor recognized, middle management biased and unresponsive, senior management disconnected
Growing Company Which Seems to Care
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  GlastonburyMay 23, 2012
As an inside sales rep, I dial for dollars. If I do the work, I get sales. We sell stuff (drug testing programs, log books,etc) truckers HAVE to buy from somebody.
There is good competition with other sales reps. A lot of people try the job and cannot deal with the rejection and endless calling. I love the battle.
New management about 18 months ago has improved training and is investing in growing the business.
Management is gradually getting better. The President is very easy to talk to and seems to care about people. He even took me to lunch!
Pros
growing company with nice co-workers
Cons
office is nothing special