Foley Carrier Services LLC Employee Reviews in Hartford, CT

Featured review
Foley Carrier Services LLC selected this as a representative review
Great Career Opportunity
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 7, 2019
The entire HR team has been so great with helping me grow personally and professionally. As a recent graduate, it is important to me to have great mentors while I begin my career in recruitment. This is a great company to work for, as they are committed to helping their employees meet their goals and succeed. I am more than happy to be apart of the Foley Family!
The Job is great just to gain the experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 1, 2019
The management is very poor. There is a lot of favoritism in the work place between management , supervisors and certain employees. Employees and supervisors that have been there for a little while tend to take advantage of their seniority (bending rules , being rude and inappropriate talking about other employees , creating unnecessary drama) Although certain things are covered up it’s hard to miss the fact that many quit for these very reasons.
Pros
Learning about DOT regulations
Cons
Management and high turn over do to everyone quitting
May 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Here at Foley, we strive to promote a fair and inclusive workplace where everyone's contributions are celebrated. Our open door policy ensures that everyone has a voice and that issues are dealt with quickly by upper management or HR. This policy helps protect our positive company culture, which is a core reason why so many of our employees have chosen to stay with us.

We're sorry you had a bad experience with us and wish you the best of luck in your future career endeavors.

Challenging
Inside Sales Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 21, 2019
Pleasant work environment. Daily financial prizes for top performers.
Ongoing training and frequent telephone call critique with management. Ongoing opportunities to shadow top performers. Time allotted for breaks and recreation. A large selection of coffee,tea and cocoa provided at no cost.
Pros
Ongoing training and competitive employee benefits
Cons
Competitive work environment and sales quotas increase
April 29, 2019

Thank you for your comments. Sales is certainly not an easy job, and we recognize that it’s not well suited for everyone. However, by providing our reps with leads (something not common in the sales world) and setting reasonable goals, we do try to provide every rep with the support they need to grow. As you mentioned, we do provide the tools needed for success – offering ongoing training, shadow opportunities, opportunity to compete with fellow team members.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope you find a position that is better suited to your needs.

Great Job
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 14, 2019
I started working at Foley in December 2018, and initially I was apprehensive about working in a sales environment thinking that it would be stressful and fast paced, but it was the exact opposite. As a new employee you get enormous support, not only from your colleagues but also management. There are a lot of opportunities for upward movement and you are only bound by your own ambition. Would 100% recommend working here.
Pros
Pay, Environment, Management, Benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Compliance Sales Specialist
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 14, 2019
I would like to start off by saying that I've been working at Foley a little over 2 years started as a Phase 3 rep and made my way up to Phase 1 in less than a year. Phase 3 being the "New Hire" Phase and Phase 1 being the highest. I must admit I once made the biggest mistake of my career and that was leaving Foley to go to The Hartford Insurance Company. I was lured in by HR & management at The Hartford with promises and representations that turned out to be untrue. I wanted to turn back to Foley within the first month at The Hartford but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and decided to pull through. After a couple of interactions and a little bit of digging into management and top reps there I quickly realized the mistake I made.
4 months in I came back running into the arms of Foley which is why I'm leaving this review to help other young proffesionals like me

Pros: -Amazing Work-life balance
-The financial & mental wellness of us employees being main priority (student loan reimbursement program, ping pong table, foosball, cable tv and more) all of these things have allowed me to keep a peace of mind throughout the months here at Foley
-Sleek office space
-COMPENSATION
-Management
-Transparency with changes in the company
-Diverse Workplace
-Best of all they plany PLENTY of company events!!! Making this a fun place to be

Cons: Parking can be a hassle with a fast growing company like Foley in the heart of Hartford.
Don't bother
Data Entry Clerk/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 6, 2019
Unless you like being talked at and made out to look like you're stupid don't apply. The training is a joke and when you ask questions the leads and managers are annoyed or refer to an SOP that has tons of info probably everything except for the answer you need. Customers are frustrated for waiting on hold for so long because it is always short staffed due to people quitting or just calling out. Very stressful environment! The pay should def be more for all the mess you have to put up with...
Pros
Company parties
Cons
Management, Pay Rate
February 15, 2019

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had a negative experience at Foley. As a company that puts such a high priority on our customers’ (and employees’) experience, all of our employees go through a full training program that introduces them to the company, our products and services, and the federal regulations that govern our customers’ businesses. This training ensures that employees feel as comfortable as possible as they begin their careers here – and that they have the preparation needed to work with our customers.

And when questions do come up? Our open floor-plan, combined with multiple managers in the customer service department, make it easy to find someone who has the answers you need. From our senior leaders to our customer service team and compliance consultants, everyone is willing and happy to lend a helping hand.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. If there’s anything we can do to make your experience at Foley a better one, we encourage you to reach out to either your supervisor or our HR team.

Hiring Process
Compliance Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 25, 2019
The hiring process was very detailed but communication was excellent. Updates and statuses were provided continuously. During the interviewing stages, everyone was professional and very pleasant.
Hiring Process
Customer Serivice Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 16, 2018
Foley has a very in-depth and concise hiring process. The entire process takes about six weeks. They kept you abreast each step of the process, you were not left wondering. After the interview sessions the hiring team encouraged feedback. Everyone I spoke with was very professional. The atmosphere was relaxing and made it easy to have great conversations during the interview process. This was a great experience overall.
It’s a decent job if you need money
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 19, 2018
It’s good as something to fill the requirement of “just another job”. They talk a lot of offering promotion and growth but fall very short of actually meeting the expectations they set.
Training needs improvement.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 27, 2018
I found there was a lack of training and support which I hope they have made an effort to improve. Not being able to have your questions answered or reach the department a customer really needs at times can make the job very difficult. There also seemed to be little opportunities for growth in my case. Additionally, the department had some unnecessarily convoluted ways of doing things.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, flexible scheduling
Cons
Training, support, advancement prospects, methods
Great and challenging environment
IT Security Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 2, 2018
Great place to work with free coffee/tea. Challenging environment in which i get to collab with my peers daily and learn from them. Flexible schedule for parents or students as well.
Pros
Autonomy, Challenging, Busy
Cons
Not a lot of educational opportunities or certification/career advancement from management.
Team Effort for Hiring Process
Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 29, 2018
The hiring process is a collaborative effort spanning several departments. They take the time with candidates to ensure they would be a good fit for the company and the candidate also sees themselves making a good decision joining the company. The synergy between supervisors and upper management seems to work well and open communication is highly encouraged for the success of everyone.
Pros
Thorough Hiring Process, Positive minded leadership, Hard work ethic required, Open communication, High Expectations
Cons
N/a
Training and management needs improvement
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 22, 2018
Training was a joke. Rather than focusing on DOT regulations they 'taught' customer service. Ask for help and attitude is given because everyone is so stressed. People call out because of that so its a ripple effect. Programs crash constantly and nothing is fully explained.
Pros
Sadly the coffee was a perk
Cons
Training, management, communication between departments
September 17, 2018

As an organization, we are committed to providing excellent service. To support our Customer Service team in meeting this goal, we provide each new representative with skills-based training aimed at ensuring a consistent and positive experience for our clients. In addition to this skills-based training, each new representative completes a 2+ week training program which provides extensive coverage of industry and regulatory requirements. Upon completion of this program, new representatives are paired with more experienced members of the team for ongoing support and assistance.

We’re sorry you didn’t have a positive experience at Foley. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

must be dedicated to do the job
Senior Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 19, 2018
work hard, create leads, know your products and services, be professional and you will get positive results. they do micromanage but if you work, it is not an issue
Pros
on site recreation, free beverages, happy hour
Cons
customer service needs work
September 17, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We aim to promote a fun, positive work environment while holding everyone accountable to their goals.

We’re glad to have you on the team and wish you a long, successful career with us!

It was a good experience
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 31, 2018
Very busy atmosphere, heavy phone customer service, learned a lot of DOT regulation, workplace culture mixed... when I was there it was a work in progress, company had been bought by another, changes were happening, old employees were used to acting inappropriately and had gotten lax in their duties. Most enjoyable part I met some really great people and met customers who really appreciated our services and help.
Pros
Good group of people to work with, OT was good
Cons
Old Management styles, too many changes happening all at once
Great company culture!
Marketing Strategist (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 16, 2018
I love the company culture here at Foley. Despite its size, Foley has a great open door policy, management and the CEO are approachable, friendly, and open to suggestions or changes that make sense for the business.
Pros
Great team, environment, free coffee!!, cool work space, great part of the city to work in
Cons
Lunch selection isn't the best
to pass goal - run away
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 26, 2018
turnover is over 50% in the sales position. metrics for sales are not reasonable to obtain. not enough to sell. commissions percentage is very low. benefits are not competitive..
May 8, 2018

We’re sorry to hear about your frustrations on our sales floor. Sales is certainly not an easy job, and we recognize that it’s not well suited for everyone. However, by providing our reps with leads (something not common in the sales world) and setting reasonable goals, we do try to provide every rep with the support they need to grow. This support also means that we act quickly when lead volume drops or other issues arise – brainstorming possible resolutions and implementing changes quickly to ensure our sales team doesn’t suffer as a result.

For those reps who do thrive on the floor, there are ample opportunities for advancement and growth. In fact, a few of our current supervisors got their start on our sales floor - and even more sales reps have moved into more advanced selling positions here.

Thank you for being a part of our team. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Joke of a company
Compliance Coordinator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CT/ HartfordApril 10, 2018
Please, I want to make you aware, even if you really need a job, DO NOT APPLY AT FOLEY. The management is a joke, they have their "FAVORITE" employees. They will treat you like you are a nobody if they don't like you. The company is rude, they are always calling new drivers to join their services and is very annoying. People call back upset because they want nothing to do with this company.
Foley is just a place that pays low money! It has passed about 5 years since I worked there and they still paying minimum pay rate. Please, do not go to this company! they don't care about their workers, they give lame Christmas parties that are just a shame. No good benefits, no understanding or appreciation of the employees. I even don't know why they still under business. JUST RUN AWAY OF FOLEY!! DONT WASTE YOUR TIME
Pros
Some employees are nice
Cons
Everything at this place is horrible!
May 1, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. Although we're sorry you had a negative experience at Foley, we're proud of the organization we've built here - which has grown and changed tremendously in the past few years.

With ample growth opportunities and a focus on individualized training, we take pride in providing every Foley sales professional with a career opportunity that will not only give them experience in sales, but will help them grow into experienced sales professionals. In fact, we have a number of employees at Foley who have moved into supervisory roles, switched departments based on their interest and skills, or have settled into lucrative careers on our sales floor. A few of these individuals started at Foley just a few years ago with no experience, and are now making more than 75K a year!

In spite of the training and support we provide, it's important to recognize that sales is a very specialized skill that is not well suited to everyone. We're sorry you didn't have a positive experience with us and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Needs improvement
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 2, 2018
The environment of Foley Carrier Services is amazing at first. Three months later and you think about how you have endured three months making cold calls to gain a profit. If your skills are in sales, this is the place for you
April 10, 2018

Productive, Fun, Easy going place to work
Customer Service, Data Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 14, 2018
Foley is a great place to work, i would recommend this job to anyone. free coffee, easy dress code to follow, fun co-workers, lovey management, the work given is given at your speed.
March 19, 2018

Thank you for your feedback! From flexible schedules and dress codes to regular social events, we work hard to create a fun, welcoming culture at Foley. We’re thrilled to hear that you’re happy with your customer service role. We wish you a long and happy career here.

Excellent hours, benefits, culture
Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day at Foley is like any other office. First thing in the morning, answering customers emails, returning phone calls...

So far I have learned a lot about the truck industry and how the FMCSA regulations work.

Management is very friendly and supportive. The supervisors are good people. They want to see you succeed. You only have to be coachable.

The culture at this place is great. Management works consistently to keep a good atmosphere at the work place. Plus my coworkers are always willing to help me.

The hardest part of the job is learning all regulations of the trucking industry, besides that I love it.

The most enjoyable part of the work is been able to help people who are starting their business with the right foot.
Pros
Excellent hours, benefits, culture
Cons
No cons
January 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Foley! We believe in fostering a positive, welcoming work environment that encourages teamwork and comradery. After all, we spend a great deal of time at work - it should be a positive experience where your contributions and career growth are valued.

We hope your initial training helped jumpstart your DOT regulatory knowledge. Although it takes some time to learn well, it's an important step in becoming a more valuable asset to our customers and prospects. If you need any help, we have some wonderful resources within the company who would be happy to answer any questions you may have - just reach out to your supervisor and they'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Good luck in your career with us! We're happy to have you on the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foley Carrier Services LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Foley Carrier Services LLC Reviews by Location