Foley Carrier Services LLC Employee Reviews for Compliance Consultant

Featured review
Foley Carrier Services LLC selected this as a representative review
Great Career Opportunity
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 7, 2019
The entire HR team has been so great with helping me grow personally and professionally. As a recent graduate, it is important to me to have great mentors while I begin my career in recruitment. This is a great company to work for, as they are committed to helping their employees meet their goals and succeed. I am more than happy to be apart of the Foley Family!
It’s a decent job if you need money
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 19, 2018
It’s good as something to fill the requirement of “just another job”. They talk a lot of offering promotion and growth but fall very short of actually meeting the expectations they set.
Team Effort for Hiring Process
Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 29, 2018
The hiring process is a collaborative effort spanning several departments. They take the time with candidates to ensure they would be a good fit for the company and the candidate also sees themselves making a good decision joining the company. The synergy between supervisors and upper management seems to work well and open communication is highly encouraged for the success of everyone.
Pros
Thorough Hiring Process, Positive minded leadership, Hard work ethic required, Open communication, High Expectations
Cons
N/a
to pass goal - run away
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 26, 2018
turnover is over 50% in the sales position. metrics for sales are not reasonable to obtain. not enough to sell. commissions percentage is very low. benefits are not competitive..
May 8, 2018

We’re sorry to hear about your frustrations on our sales floor. Sales is certainly not an easy job, and we recognize that it’s not well suited for everyone. However, by providing our reps with leads (something not common in the sales world) and setting reasonable goals, we do try to provide every rep with the support they need to grow. This support also means that we act quickly when lead volume drops or other issues arise – brainstorming possible resolutions and implementing changes quickly to ensure our sales team doesn’t suffer as a result.

For those reps who do thrive on the floor, there are ample opportunities for advancement and growth. In fact, a few of our current supervisors got their start on our sales floor - and even more sales reps have moved into more advanced selling positions here.

Thank you for being a part of our team. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Needs improvement
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 2, 2018
The environment of Foley Carrier Services is amazing at first. Three months later and you think about how you have endured three months making cold calls to gain a profit. If your skills are in sales, this is the place for you
April 10, 2018

With ample growth opportunities and a focus on individualized training, we take pride in providing every Foley sales professional with a career opportunity that will not only give them experience in sales, but will help them grow into experienced sales professionals. In fact, we have a number of employees at Foley who have moved into supervisory roles, switched departments based on their interest and skills, or have settled into lucrative careers on our sales floor.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors and hope you find a position that is better suited to your needs.

Excellent hours, benefits, culture
Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day at Foley is like any other office. First thing in the morning, answering customers emails, returning phone calls...

So far I have learned a lot about the truck industry and how the FMCSA regulations work.

Management is very friendly and supportive. The supervisors are good people. They want to see you succeed. You only have to be coachable.

The culture at this place is great. Management works consistently to keep a good atmosphere at the work place. Plus my coworkers are always willing to help me.

The hardest part of the job is learning all regulations of the trucking industry, besides that I love it.

The most enjoyable part of the work is been able to help people who are starting their business with the right foot.
Pros
Excellent hours, benefits, culture
Cons
No cons
January 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Foley! We believe in fostering a positive, welcoming work environment that encourages teamwork and comradery. After all, we spend a great deal of time at work - it should be a positive experience where your contributions and career growth are valued.

We hope your initial training helped jumpstart your DOT regulatory knowledge. Although it takes some time to learn well, it's an important step in becoming a more valuable asset to our customers and prospects. If you need any help, we have some wonderful resources within the company who would be happy to answer any questions you may have - just reach out to your supervisor and they'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Good luck in your career with us! We're happy to have you on the team.

Worst job ever!!! Beware!!!!
Compliance Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: Upper management is somewhat professional but they are trying hard and I would thank each and every one for giving me an opportunity.

Cons: Wondering why I left this job? I started this job because at one point of time I wasn't getting any job so I had no choice but to take this job. After starting my work it was all good and it went with a great flow. Somehow from January things started to get bad. I used to work all day and I did not even take any breaks in between but somehow my surrounding co-workers will give me a lot of work and they would just gossip in the back with other supervisors and I felt very awkward seeing those. People in this company don’t know why they are here and why they are even doing this. Some people are just 2 face people sometimes they are very nice and sometimes they won’t talk with you at all. The pay is absolutely ridiculous $$$$$13.000 per hr. and the work just keeps adding on. We are all human beings and working more than 8 hrs. is very stressful. There is no personal life whatsoever, these people just wants everyone to work as a slave. Just work and work. Some people will be get very personal with your personal life and give lectures and thinking like they are a CEO of FOLEY and people shows off too much too… (Ex: I am a very good student I get all A’s in school) Question is that then why are you working in FOLEY? Very poor benefits and very poor compensation. ****Some people came from real bad background so you better be careful on who you are hanging out. Management is trying hard to change things around but after working for this
  more... organization certain people those who left the company feels that no matter how much change these upper management people makes it will still be the same. I am a college graduate and I felt that this is not the place for me. There is no growth in this company at all. People who are working in this company for 7-8 yrs. are still doing DATA ENTRY. Some people claims they get a lot of money HA HA HA!!! What Fools!!!!! If the office is closed during snow times the co-workers don't even get paid and the organization is trying to be all cheap and certain people claims that they get paid a lot. All these people are emotional fools!!! I might be mean but read the reviews on Google. A lot of people has real bad things to say about this company and so am I. I resigned by Jan end and no one would even talk with me and people started giving me attitude. I am not taking this with all these silly people. So, I moved out. Let this people do all the work. Lower management is very unprofessional and full of drama like High School people.

BEWARE!!!!!! College Graduates keep looking for other jobs this place is not for you. College Graduates like us can do much better. A lot of people left and quit this job within 2 months. People like us those who are well educated they don’t stick around at this company too long.
Pros
Upper management are working hard to change this company around
Cons
Bad surroundings and too much GOSSIP