Foley Carrier Services LLC Employee Reviews for Inside Sales Representative

Featured review
Foley Carrier Services LLC selected this as a representative review
Great Career Opportunity
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 7, 2019
The entire HR team has been so great with helping me grow personally and professionally. As a recent graduate, it is important to me to have great mentors while I begin my career in recruitment. This is a great company to work for, as they are committed to helping their employees meet their goals and succeed. I am more than happy to be apart of the Foley Family!
Great place to work with potential
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 23, 2014
I joined the inside sales team right out of college. At first wasn't sure about sales but Foley gave me the training I needed The salary is OK but the commissions are very good. I also see people moving into more advanced sales positions.

Managers seem to care a deal with issues. Its a pretty cool office environment, not stuffy.
Pros
Growing company with opportunities.
fun light hearted place to work
Inside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Hartford ConnecticutJanuary 22, 2014
It was a fun place to work, with fun people. The atmosphere was great, the job was the issue. 100 outbound calls a day to companies who did not want to hear from you. It begins to make you dread being there.
Pros
easy going atmosphere
Cons
poor training
Bait-and-switch hiring tactics; loose-lipped management; weak HR structure
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJuly 5, 2012
Senior management's annual plan excludes critical components to successfully forecast anticipated growth - amateurish. Consider carefully where the real growth is before taking a job here. The website for Foley Carrier is very light on content, difficult to navigate, on certain landing pages will not load and competes directly with the inside sales department. Middle management and HR personnel regularly ignore labor laws. You could be hired for one job (and you accept the job offer thinking that's the job you'll be doing) only to discover that you're in another position. Management volunteered that a former salesperson was no longer working there because he was in jail. HR recordkeeping at the Glastonbury, CT Foley Carrier location is disorganized, HR staff people are marginalized, and the corporate office in MA is not responsive.
If you are considering working in sales, beware: your future earnings are eroded by more than 50% due to cancels and non-payments. There is no cut-off date for commission reversals. Women beware: misogyny is the general tone of sales management. Find out how many of the full time sales staff are female (was less than a third.) The sales department suffers from much higher attrition percentages than similar positions at other companies. Sales professionals earn considerably more at other companies for similar production volume, concepts and products. There are a handful of longtime inside sales reps and some of these present as entitled and bullies. Other departments chronically do not communicate the same information to customers as does the sales
  more... staff, leading to customer and sales staff confusion and frustration, diminished credibility and lost sales. There are many negative online reviews of this company by customers.  less
Pros
nice building on bus line, so the many employees who do not have transportation, especially from east hartford, can easily commute, pleasant location, cafe for breakfast and lunch in building, free and proximate parking
Cons
employee talent that is not mission-critical not sought developed nor recognized, middle management biased and unresponsive, senior management disconnected
Growing Company Which Seems to Care
Inside Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  GlastonburyMay 23, 2012
As an inside sales rep, I dial for dollars. If I do the work, I get sales. We sell stuff (drug testing programs, log books,etc) truckers HAVE to buy from somebody.
There is good competition with other sales reps. A lot of people try the job and cannot deal with the rejection and endless calling. I love the battle.
New management about 18 months ago has improved training and is investing in growing the business.
Management is gradually getting better. The President is very easy to talk to and seems to care about people. He even took me to lunch!
Pros
growing company with nice co-workers
Cons
office is nothing special