Foley Carrier Services LLC Employee Reviews

Featured review
Foley Carrier Services LLC selected this as a representative review
Great Career Opportunity
Talent Acquisition Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 7, 2019
The entire HR team has been so great with helping me grow personally and professionally. As a recent graduate, it is important to me to have great mentors while I begin my career in recruitment. This is a great company to work for, as they are committed to helping their employees meet their goals and succeed. I am more than happy to be apart of the Foley Family!
Excellent hours, benefits, culture
Compliance Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day at Foley is like any other office. First thing in the morning, answering customers emails, returning phone calls...

So far I have learned a lot about the truck industry and how the FMCSA regulations work.

Management is very friendly and supportive. The supervisors are good people. They want to see you succeed. You only have to be coachable.

The culture at this place is great. Management works consistently to keep a good atmosphere at the work place. Plus my coworkers are always willing to help me.

The hardest part of the job is learning all regulations of the trucking industry, besides that I love it.

The most enjoyable part of the work is been able to help people who are starting their business with the right foot.
Pros
Excellent hours, benefits, culture
Cons
No cons
January 16, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Foley! We believe in fostering a positive, welcoming work environment that encourages teamwork and comradery. After all, we spend a great deal of time at work - it should be a positive experience where your contributions and career growth are valued.

We hope your initial training helped jumpstart your DOT regulatory knowledge. Although it takes some time to learn well, it's an important step in becoming a more valuable asset to our customers and prospects. If you need any help, we have some wonderful resources within the company who would be happy to answer any questions you may have - just reach out to your supervisor and they'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Good luck in your career with us! We're happy to have you on the team.

Data Entry Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 27, 2017
At Foley there is always work to be done, ill never run out. The pace is never fast or slow. Also long as you are putting in the effort your management will be happy with you. If I run into any problems my managers are always willing to help me solve a problem or answer a question.Overall i really enjoy working for this company.
Pros
Great workplace culture, Managment
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities
November 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're thrilled to hear that you're happy with your career at Foley.

Please know that we do put a high value on hard-working, dedicated employees, so if there is a career advancement path within our company that interests you, please speak to your direct supervisor or apply for an internal position when it's posted and we'll do our best to help you achieve your goals.

Innovative and Growing Company
Customer Service Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 24, 2017
I learned a lot about the trucking industry. The hardest part of this job would be the stress levels throughout the day. A typical day at Foley would look like this: answering phones and emails first thing in the morning. Purchasing and revising loads for purchasing throughout the day. Retaining customers to meet and exceed Foley's expectations. Providing customer service to ensure ensure customer satisfaction.
Pros
Co-worker engagement
Cons
stress levels
November 1, 2017

Thank you for your review. With a continuously expanding workforce and a brand new division, "innovative" and "growing" are great ways to describe Foley. It's a level of growth we wouldn't be able to achieve without the dedicated and hard-working individuals in our customer service departments.

Partnering with our customers and helping them run a successful business is a critical part of our business. We're grateful for employees such as yourself that (as your review shows) have helped us build and maintain these important relationships. Providing value and developing trust takes commitment and knowledge - something you clearly took seriously in your position here.

Thanks for being a valued Foley employee. We wish you well in your future career.

Phone room
Compliance sales (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 17, 2017
Typical Phone room atmosphere, expected over 100 calls per day 2-3 hour talk time, high percentage of voice mails. Must progress on a monthly basis to get to fresh leads that haven't been beaten to death. Training is good, lower management is good, higher management is very poor. Very high turnaround (more turnovers then a bakery)
Pros
Good Training
Cons
too many people and not enough fresh leads for new hires
August 28, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. The inside sales position at Foley is phone based, so making calls and engaging with prospects is definitely an important part of the job. Like all sales positions, we do have some requirements around how many calls and how much talk time we expect, but with a continuous stream of leads, and a full 8 hours to get those calls in, our reps are well positioned to meet those goals.

Sales jobs aren't easy, and they definitely aren't suited for everyone, but we do try to give everyone on our sales floor the best chance of success through a comprehensive training program and plenty of individualized support. Our goal isn't simply to provide our employees with entry-level sales experience but to help them grow into experienced sales professionals. And with a number of sales reps who have either moved into supervisory roles, switched departments based on their interest and skills, or settled into lucrative sales careers, we're proud of the growth opportunities our employees have found here.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We wish you the best of luck in your career.

Not so great upper management/no job security
Doesn't matter (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTAugust 2, 2017
The job sells you on work life balance. Talks up first Thursdays and the game room. There is no job security, upper management overall only cares about themselves. Hopefully with the recent changes things will get better for Foley. I did make life long friendships with great co workers, and learned a lot in my role...but that was due to perseverance and my direct manager.

A lot of people leave Foley...its a stepping stool...a time filler. If Foley wants life long employees that will give their all to the company they need to re-focus on the needs of the employees, raise pay and compromise then the turn over rate will decrease.
Pros
free food sometimes, parking on site
Cons
no job security
August 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. Although we're sorry your experience at Foley wasn't entirely positive, we can understand how one of the highlights of your time here was the relationships you built with fellow co-workers. Here at Foley, we work hard to create a warm, welcoming and cooperative culture. It's a culture we help preserve through events such as our First Thursday social hours and offsite activities -as well as our open, collaborative workspace.

As an employee-driven organization, our upper management team plays a large role in preserving this culture - both by maintaining an open door policy and working directly with team members to ensure they're in a growth-oriented role that suits their career goals.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors.

I Love it Here!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 19, 2017
Joining Foley was one of the best career decisions I ever made. Not only is the position perfectly suited to my career goals, but I'm surrounded by some of the best people I've ever had the pleasure to work with - not just in my own department, but across the entire company. If you're looking for a fun, supportive workplace that will help you reach your full potential, this is the place to be.
August 11, 2017

We're pleased to hear you're happy at Foley! As an employee-driven organization, we take great pride in creating an atmosphere where our employees feel valued and respected. As you mentioned, some of the ways we do this is by prioritizing work-life balance, maintaining a fun company culture and helping each employee achieve their career goals.

Thank you for choosing to build your career with Foley. We hope you continue to have a positive, rewarding career with us for many years to come.

Negative environment
Compliance Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 15, 2017
Management has a deaf ear to employees compliants.Culture lacks respect for employees. Management has no respect for employees. Supervisors lack management experience.Operations lack management. Employees disrepect other co-workers and management condones it just to keep their numbers coming in and has a high turnover of inside sales employees because of the negative manner management handles daily operations.
July 19, 2017

As an employee-driven organization, we're committed to creating a positive culture that both fosters trust and comradery among our employees and ensures they feel comfortable coming to the leadership team with issues when they arise. We believe this commitment has lead to a happier, more productive workplace - as well as the high retention rates we see across almost every department in the company.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

A lot of turn over
Operations (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJuly 10, 2017
I would agree with the other reviews about turnover within the company. Several customer service phone reps have quit recently. Lets just say they were all happy to be leaving according to the office gossip. It is very sad as some of the employees have been with this company for years. This one department however seems to be falling behind, is badly managed, treats their staff poorly, and seems driven to sink this ship.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Nice Location
Cons
Low Pay, Micromanagement, Bad Deparmental Leadership
July 19, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

At Foley, we're continuously working to create a supportive, friendly workplace that rewards hard work, fosters comradery and helps our employees excel in their respective roles. Our open door policy plays a key role in helping us maintain this culture by encouraging all employees to bring concerns to their supervisors or senior management as they arise.

Our customer service team works hard to meet the needs of our growing customer base - and we're proud of the contributions they bring to Foley each day. With one of the lowest turnover rates in the company, they truly exemplify the positive, customer-focused atmosphere we aim to provide here.

We're sorry that Foley wasn't the right fit for your career goals and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

New experience
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 15, 2017
Friendly environment. Everyone is very helpful and eager for you to succeed. No one is there to micromanage you. They believe in honest hard work with the expectation of everyone become a leader.
Pros
Always something fun going on
Cons
Nothing so far
n/a
Operations Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 10, 2017
Unknown it has been a very long time since I worked for them.
I remember it being very busy and having to work with multiple systems, time management is key
Fast Paced
Factoring Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTApril 5, 2017
This employer is sales based, call center. without the proper skills and training which can be provided the productivity you are to adhere to will be difficult at best.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Training and development are lacking
Bad Management, No Growth Opportunities
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 22, 2017
Operations dept is in poor shape with high turnover and bad leadership. A lot of negativity in the workplace with most employees miserable. Most of the reviews on Glassdoor are not to be trusted as company provided bonuses for positive reviews on that site.

Open door policy is a lie.
Management is out of touch.
February 13, 2017

We're sorry to hear that Foley wasn't the right fit for your career goals. We're proud of the customer service department we've built at Foley. With one of the lowest turnover rates in the company, it's a department that exemplifies the positive, customer-focused atmosphere we seek to provide here. Within Operations, turnover is driven primarily by our flex positions, which provide short-term, project-based work to individuals looking for temporary employment. Oftentimes, these individuals are invited back for future work as needs arise, but because there's no way to anticipate our future need for these positions, there are never any guarantees.

We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Would not reccomend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTDecember 29, 2016
The management was horrible and the customers were difficult to assist on the phone. I learned how a call center works and how to communicate efficiently and effectively on the phone while multi tasking.
Very Difficult Company and Culture
Manager, Customer Service and Collections (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTJune 7, 2015
It's been a few years since I worked for Foley so I'm hopeful things have changed. The company provides drug testing and compliance needs to the trucking industry. Generally, there are very few people who have this background coming in, so you need to train the skill. This training is promised and rarely delivered.

In a management role, you are expected to work well above 40 hours a week. There is no work life balance. Working at Foley is your life. The culture is results first, regardless how you get there. If you've been there a long time and have had success, you are in the clique. If not, you are on the outside looking in.

Trust is very low and there is a constant battle between employees and management.

The hardest part was learning the business. You are expected to read the reg book on your own time.

I would not recommend this company.
Pros
I had a very good salary
Cons
Low Trust Culture
ping pong table
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 24, 2015
not a good work place but you do make good money as a sales rep. with company but not team player company shows no respect for workers.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
lack of respect
No one is happy
Compliance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Glastonbury, CTFebruary 19, 2015
Over-time became required. Compensation was very minimal compared to the amount of work done. Raises didn't make much difference. Instead of hiring more workers, work got added to overly stressed workers.
Pros
25 cent soda machine, free keurig coffee
Cons
Everything else
The company needs many improvements
Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTFebruary 5, 2015
The company does not have any consideration for their employees needs. This is why there is a revolving door.
You work very hard, but its never hard enough for the investors.
The training for new employees is vey lacking.
Co workers are somewhat helpful.
Hardest part of the job is the management treats employees like prisoners, the job is intense, people need breaks.
I enjoyed talking with clients all over the nation.
place to work
Service Delivery/Compliance Specialist - Office (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTOctober 24, 2014
get in
turn on computer
clock in
answer phone calls from clients
complete paperwork
mail
reports
typical office stuff

hardest part of job is lack of communication with other departments- always stressful work environment due to people are caddy lack of job training - confusing environment because of constant change and lots of over turn - plus commute is tough as it is in hartford and no nice areas to enjoy outside while on break- if you get one

nicest part of job was a ping pong table and a nice but cold lunch room
Cons
low pay for amount of work, stressful
Great place to work with potential
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTSeptember 23, 2014
I joined the inside sales team right out of college. At first wasn't sure about sales but Foley gave me the training I needed The salary is OK but the commissions are very good. I also see people moving into more advanced sales positions.

Managers seem to care a deal with issues. Its a pretty cool office environment, not stuffy.
Pros
Growing company with opportunities.
Great company
Customer Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJune 9, 2014
I was fortunate to start with Foley when the company was in the basement office of a building in Glastonbuy, CT. I have helped the company grow over the years and now FCS employs 140 people in a modern office in Hartford.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Foley Carrier Services LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

Foley Carrier Services LLC Reviews by Location