Foley Equipment Company Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
A once great company mired by upper management
Caterpillar Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 17, 2018
This was a great company to work for, however once the company expanded into Missouri they lost site of the importantance of the employees that got them there.

Rental and sales compensation were slowly decreased over time, causing many good employees to leave as they felt their efforts weren’t appreciated.

This company, including HR, consistently skates in and out of the line of ethics with various deceitful tactics to achieve their goal.

Don’t work for this company.
Pros
Payday.
Cons
The VP and all the other good ol boys. Decreased compensation over time.
Poor management
Yard Worker (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 8, 2018
Management is horrible. No support. HR looks out for the good ole boys. Lots of back stabbing, lies, and bullying from manager. Run! This company is not a very good place to work. You feel like you are looking over your shoulder constantly.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managers bullying, Hr
Interesting place - nice folks; decent culture; customer-focused
Marketing Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 21, 2018
There was a lot of variety to the work since marketing served a number of internal customers; big and small iron sales; parts, service & support; power generation & engines, rental, HR. Little too much micro-management came from above but was not present within the department.
Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Salina, KSMarch 5, 2018
feels like family. it is fast paced at times and requires a person to be flexible. there are times when it slows down but things are always moving around.
Management changes goals and polices to cover their lies
Truck Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 1, 2018
Employees are not a focus or concern for management. Supervisors place blame on others for their mistakes and do not live up to promises made. Employees are very helpful and easy to get along with. Was told systems were set up for employees to help each other but found that when they do they get disciplined. Money brought in to shop was far more important to manager than doing a good job or addressing customer concerns.
Pros
fellow workers
Cons
management is misleading and unconcerned with workers or customers
Poor management, employees not important
Service support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Park City, KSFebruary 22, 2018
Negative feedback from manager when taking time off. No appreciation for reaching monthly, quarterly, bi-annual or annual goals. Working over time consistently never achieves appreation from manager, just comes as expectation. No career advancement. No training programs for advancement. Customer satisfaction greatly superior to employee investment.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
managers
Terrible Ethic
Manager (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 6, 2018
I do not have anything nice to say. I thought I was breaking my back and neglecting my family for a job that would always have my back. I was wrongly mistaken.
very fluid company
EPG Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 2, 2018
Foley is in a constant state of change. They barely act upon one idea before moving to the next.
With that being said, they are very responsive to handling issues. They genuinely care about their employees and have an aggressive growth plan.
Pros
compensation is fair
Cons
any division outside of general line sees very little support
Good place to work if you like people breathing down your back
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 18, 2018
The best thing about working there was the guys in the shop they all were good guys. Now management on the other hand is a joke like no other.got a manager that know nothing about on highway trucks than got his manager that all he cares about are the numbers neither one of them would even know where to begin on working on something. They don't give a dang about your personal life. Supposed to be an open door policy but soon as you told a manager something everyone would know.
Benefits
Cons
Management sucks
Overworked not a good home life balance
Service Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 8, 2018
The job itself was a good job and you work with some great co-workers. Management is very demanding and micromanaging. The do as I say not as I do comes into play here. They expect you to uphold the MVP while they themselves do not have to. If you can give 110% of your life to the company and expect nothing in return then this company is for you if not keep looking.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
amount of work & hours
Excellent place to work
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 13, 2017
Good culture, good benefits, cutting edge equipment. Friendly people and they provide learning and growth opportunities. You can go as far as you are willing to put in the effort.
Mangament Sturcutre is poor
Sales (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSNovember 9, 2017
Middle mangers cover things up so they look good. HR is aware of several problems with in the company. If you are on the right side of "the circle" you can do anything. Other wise you are left out to dry.
Foley Equipment
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 7, 2017
I grew up in the heavy equipment business and farm aspect. I enjoyed my time working with Foley but felt I just didn't have enough knowledge in the construction equipment to continue as the manager of the repair shop.
Pros
Great employess and professional place to work
Worked there for 5 years
Sales Support Manager (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 16, 2017
Upper management is a very tight group of people who have been with the organization for a long time and They do not allow middle management the freedom to make decisions on their own.
Customer and employee focused operation, fun people to be around
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 24, 2017
Foley was great to work with, always striving to do right by the customer and also let employees have a quality place to work. The overall environment was great. My only complaint about the organization is it was challenging to get out of my role and try to broaden my horizons. I think it boiled down to timing and the right next step not ever lining up, but I wish I had stuck it out to find out what may have happened.
Foley
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  87th bannisterJune 5, 2017
Well the company is very well respected very strong and hard working company, the job is work work work but the jobs aren't easy but they are not very hard they show dedication to the company like they are the CEO
Don't work at the Sedalia Location...
Parts Tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOMay 31, 2017
There is no manager At this location until after Aug. The temp Manager loves to micro manage from 200 miles away. The say that they have a "Rule" to follow in the MVP. It's a joke. 1 lazy worker in store. He won't help anyone but him self.He will tell everyone he got the job and then when someone else gets it he will sabatoge you in every way possible. They expect you to learn an old system over night.
Long hours and a lot od over time. They won't tell you about it. And they expect you to work off the clock on a weekend. You don't get lunch at a certain time. Can very by 30 minutes to 3 hours and I never got a break aloted.
They also offer no training at all in Sedalia. The company says they offer millions of dollars in training. It must only be for mechanics and not parts guys.
I wouldn't apply at Sedalia if you wanted a job or not. I don't recommend it at all. They bad mouth previous employees. I was the second parts guy in less than 3 months.
Pros
Going home at the end of the day.
Cons
Management, other workers, over time
a productive work place
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSNovember 8, 2016
it is fun and very inviting everyone is very accepting nice atmosphere managers are very understanding CEO visits each store at least once a year and is very nice
Good place to work.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 18, 2016
Plenty of work, great co-workers. You know when your coming to work but never know when your going home(this mainly applied to drivers and field techs). I never had a problem with getting time off when necessary with proper notice. I did see a lot of Managers come and go but I'm sure that was due to the companies fast growth. Some managers are out only for personal gain and don't have the employees best interest at hand. All in all I had a good and prosperous time while employed here.
Pros
Good benefits, plenty of work and great co-workers.
Was a great company until the last couple years
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  AnnonymousJuly 5, 2016
Company recently took on a huge expansion. The company went from a family oriented organization to a cut-throat, watch your back kind of an organization. It you are not in Kansas City or Wichita you are a red headed stepchild. Absolutely zero support from management. Way too much lip service. The company preaches its MVP. Mission vision and principals but then acts completely the opposite. Internal hiring is very much based on the good old boy system.
Pros
Caterpillar is a great brand. Pay for technicians is pretty good.
Cons
Expected to work and then work some more. Even 10 hour days are not good enough in many locations.