FOLIO Investing Employee Reviews

Expect to be micromanaged.
Tech Support (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAAugust 31, 2018
Leadership has lack of focus.

Company is ran like it's 1995.

No promotion from within.

Revolving door of both management and employees. Highest turnover of any company. Anywhere between 7-12 employees a month.
Pros
Free bagels and Coffee, left over lunches from Marathon Meetings, free parking.
Cons
No real work from home policy, Management from a text book with no real life exposure. 10-16 hr work days.
Worst Place I Have Ever Worked
Technology (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 10, 2018
Folio is a nightmare. I can't wait to get out.

The company is run by a tyrannical CEO. There is no avoiding him. He micromanages everyone and everything. He screams and curses all the time.

Turnover is huge. 10-12 people per month leave, in a company of 150 people. The people who have to work directly with the CEO leave constantly, so there is no experience on the leadership team.

Avoid this place!
Pros
free snacks and bagels on Monday
Cons
Everyone in the company is miserable. Turnover is constant. No one likes or respects the CEO, who micromanages everyone.
Wouldn't recommend it
Brokerage Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 4, 2015
It is a good company to work for overall, but there is no room from improvement. Management is not really helpful, and is all about repetitive work,
Productive and fun workplace
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAApril 29, 2013
I absolutely love working at Folio Investing! The staff here are all very friendly and helpful. I have a wonderful Executive Staff team that I look up too as well.
Constant changes
Institutional Client Service representative (Current Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 1, 2016
More communication and focus on corrections before innovations. Little things within the platform and structure can easily be fixed, when a suggestion is made it should be taken into consideration.
Great Office
Compliance Specialist (contract) (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VaMarch 11, 2014
I loved working here on contract. My boss was a very nice and understanding person. The company cares about there workers and all of there needs. I learned about about verifying accounts and peoples backgrounds
Pros
Friendly work space