Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 1,246 reviews matching the search See all 1,262 reviews
Great people in the warehouse, terrible management, tons of turnover
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILJune 14, 2019
The warehouse employees are amazing, but management is a complete mess. They are at best ineffective, and at worst childish, vindictive, and unprofessional.
Pros
Tons of overtime if you want it.
Cons
The rate system is very flawed, overtime is mandatory, they are not flexible with schedules, and shipping management is rude about time off even for close relative funerals, and advanced planning of vacations.
It's easy work for low pay.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJune 14, 2019
Follett really doesn't look after its workers.
Low pay. No hours. Schedules are a joke. Upper management that doesn't like to promote from within. No benefits unless you're full time...yeah, good luck with that!
It's only okay for maybe a student, as a part time job. Definitely won't pay the bills.
Shocking raises if they give any at all!
Pros
Discount on certain goods
Cons
Low pay. No hours. No advancement.
Great company but pay is too low
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJune 12, 2019
Love the company but pay is too low and I am forced to find a 2nd job. Been with the company for 5 yrs and my pay is just barely over minimum wage. Management is wonderful
Pros
Manager is wonderful to work for
Cons
Low pay. No full time positions besides manager
Too Few Hours and Too Little Pay
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJune 10, 2019
Hours do not exceed twenty-five hours per week and pay is under ten dollars an hour. I do not recommend this company for anyone needing to make a living or pay bills.
Just a temp
Sales Associate, Cashier and Text Inventory (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 4, 2019
Only was able to work for a Follett bookstore for the "rush week" season at the beginning of semesters at the local community college. Knew that people could be promoted to regulars from the seasonal pool, but never got the opportunity with the three or so semesters I've worked there.

I did appreciate my managers very much, and I got retail experience onto my resume without having to commit less to the steady part time job I kept the whole time.
Productive and challenging work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 3, 2019
-A typical day at work for me is a not so busy work, just help on placing products on their corresponding shelves.
-Time management and importance of having the ability to speak more than one language.
-Well balanced management.
-Fun and more open to the customers.
-The monthly college rush hour.
-Working with other people, and assisting customers.
Horrible Place to Work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJune 1, 2019
I was a manager for many years at our local bookstore. The corporate office didn’t provide any recognition on a regular basis but told us how valuable we were at each conference. Raises are scarce and bonuses are hard to come by with new and unreasonable expectations each year. No support from HR and no payroll budget to keep employees. Super stressful position and the pay doesn’t justify the work required.
Great Place
Shipper (Current Employee) –  Easton, PAJune 1, 2019
i enjoyed my time here with great workers and great management . they take care of you and compensate you very well for the work you do. 1 week vacation after 90 days is a nice plus too
Stressful and unstable
Store Manager 1 (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMay 30, 2019
Stores close without giving decent notice. Raises and bonuses are frozen when promised they wouldn’t be. “Restructuring” happens a few times a year, which really means, positions are going away, so someone is loosing their job across the company so they can pay for another company they purchase. Oh how I miss Borders.
Pros
Dress code
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 30, 2019
This is a good job for a college student. I was not a student but still a good job. Depending on the time of the year, it could get very busy and hectic but that is only temporary. Then when the rush season stops, you'll find yourself randomly searching for a task to do to make the time go faster. There is room for advancement. I have worked here almost 4 years and I am now an assistant manager with a good opportunity to become a store manager. You'll start off as a temp especially if you are a student but if you perform well and have good work attitude then you become part-time. Besides that, it's a retail job where you sell books and merchandise, stock shelves, operate the register, etc. It's not hard at all & a pretty chill environment when not in the rush season. The manager I had was really awesome.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Hectic at times
Run
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Buzzards Bay, MAMay 29, 2019
Company is good for temp students. Don't think you can have a career at Follett. Your hard work will go unnoticed and raises are scarce. When rewards were sent to the store for performance the manager would pocket it and not reward staff. At Christmas, we didn't even get a cookie, After 10 years, I finally
had enough..
Pros
students
Cons
low pay, little suport
Good Job Well going to School
Bookseller (Former Employee) –  Wausau, WIMay 24, 2019
Good place to work while I was going to school. It was convenient for travel and hours were only during the day with some Saturdays. The only negative was that the pay was not the greatest.
Working here was like watching paint dry aside from pre-semester and post-semester work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Windsor, NJMay 23, 2019
The only time I actually felt like I was working was when we had to either stock up for the upcoming semester or ship everything out at the end of the semester. Outside of that, it was roaming the store looking like I was busy.
Pros
Good environment, very friendly.
Cons
Boring, slow
Good.
Bookstore Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 23, 2019
It was great. I was hired quickly. The hiring manager was nice. They had good management. The employees were very nice. They were good at training new employees. It was a nice job.
Great place to work with great people
Associate Accountant for Commissions (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILMay 21, 2019
It has been a very enjoyable experience to work for Follett. The people there have been amazing to work with from the start and have always been so friendly which made it very easy to go to work every day. There is a very modern feel to the work environment as well.
Love follett
Team Lead course materials (Current Employee) –  Homestead, FLMay 21, 2019
Love the company they take care of employees. Follett is awesome, and I really enjoy working for the company. Follett has given me the tools to grow and learn more.
Great starter job
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 21, 2019
It’s an awesome starter job for students. Their great at giving you any days and times off that you need to work with your schooling. Cons is that there is rarely an opportunity to go full time or advance and at least in my store the management hate each other so it makes working there difficult.
Pros
Super flexible with schedules
Bookstore
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 21, 2019
Working for FHEG-Barry Bookstore was the best job I have ever had thus far. The work environment was amazing and my coworkers made each workday something to look forward to.
Great temporary work for students
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 17, 2019
Great for students to flex schedule around your classes I work as a cashier and loved working with students my coworkers not so much the ones that been there a while was dating young insecure and mean
Pros
Pay great
Cons
No notice of how you are doing
Thoughts
Quality Assurance Book Processing, Dewey (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMay 14, 2019
I enjoy working here. I've watched & seen so much changing. Some good, some bad. It's stressful especially in the warehouse & all their rates. They need people but take people from other departments to help out. Gotta fix training new people they do hire.
Pros
Insurance, 401k, PTO when you get it. Some Supervisor will make should you understand.
Cons
Supervisor Favorites, jump to make decisions on orders

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Follett Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight