Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast paced team work
Temporary Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 11, 2018
Daily tasks are posted and will vary depending on the amt. of employees and needs of individual store. Training is provided in cashiering, stocking, customer service and team-work. I was expected to cover all ares in a rapid paced environment during RUSH. In my slower shifts, I was expected to cashier, stock merchandise/ drink cooler, and prepare textbooks for sale, rent or shipping.. Every employee is cross-trained and the team work makes for a very enjoyable work environment. Management is also available and willing to chip in to get the line shorter during busy hours.Company is very willing to accommodate your schedule due to school/college or having a second job.
Work Day
Web fulfillment specialist/ sales floor (Current Employee) –  Locust Grove, VAJuly 9, 2018
Answer phones, fill any internet orders for books and supplies. Stock shelves, and clothing, assist students with textbooks, cashier adn maintain cleanliness of facilities
Pros
Great people
Cons
No benefits, no raises and no advancememetn
Basic Retail
Field Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 8, 2018
Overwork and underpaid. Self taught over 3 years but 7+ in the field. Eb and flow of academic calendar is nice, but extremely overworked and underpaid for what is expected. There is a lot that goes into preparing College/UNIV Bookstores that is not taken into consideration by suits/ties. Not everything takes 5 mins.
Pros
Eb and flow of academic calendar is nice but your year flies by.
Cons
Overworked, Underpaid severely
Cashier and restocker
Staff Associate (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAJuly 8, 2018
A typical day at work, we would go around restocking shelves, folding clothes, handling customers at the cash register, etc. Learning people skills, multi-tasking, and other skills were easily attainable thanks to the management we had there. The management staff were really helpful and easy to learn from.
Unsure Climate
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILJuly 6, 2018
Unsure climate is what you will get, with management changing their minds every 10 seconds and rolling out products/services without proper testing. Top decision making that doesn't seem to effect the higher-ups when things do not work and only effect people on the bottom with layoffs and benefit cuts.
Follett laborer
Warehouse Laborer (Former Employee) –  Woodridge, ILJuly 4, 2018
It's a laborer intensive job that requires you to be efficient with your time. Relatively simple job, collect the books the sheet says to collect on one cart and bring it to the shipping department.
Pros
full time hours
Cons
labor intensive and tiring
Great Temp Position
Easy work tasks
Great management team
Workload wasn't too much
Lax dress code
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Temporary position
Great place of employment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 2, 2018
The work environment was great, surrounded by good employees and better managers. I learned a lot of different positions while working this job and I think it's great that they offer this kind of experience.
Terrible place to work with
Sales (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDJune 28, 2018
I feel like I haven’t being treated fairly. Managers stay at their office most of time. Just hide there as long as they want. They are gossipping with other manager. You have a lot of tasks to do. Managers came to work in a bad mood most of the time which is so annoying. Yet, sales associate received the county minimum wage. When you try to stand up for yourself, managers do not like it and use it as a tool to get you in trouble and all. Your hard work never been appreciated. I feel that there is a favoritism there. If managers do not like you, no matter how hard you work then they won’t like you. They always cut hours and people ended up only work 5 hours a week or they even not on the schedule anymore. When you ask why you’re not on the schedule, they will give you a weird look. Also, they would give you a reason that doesn’t make sense to me.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management, lowest pay in the county, low hours and name is not on the schedule
Do not work here long term
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Warrenton, VAJune 28, 2018
I started working for this company through my college bookstore. The company has a good mission statement, and in theory it's a nice place to work (I would do my homework during slow times, I got discounts on textbooks) but you get overworked very quickly. Without going into too much detail, I was thrown into an assistant manager position (they never gave me the official title but that's what I was-I did everything that our former manager did when they were fired) was never recognized for it, and overworked/yelled at when i would close up during the day (which I had to because I was the ONLY person working some days and took classes). You are never recognized for doing good work, and they expect you to be and do everything for inadequate pay. I quit after 6 months of "management" because I would be in tears after every shift.
Pros
Discount on textbooks, keeps you busy
Cons
No benefits, no recognition. Communication needs to improve too
Bookstore
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 25, 2018
Overall a good experience when I was in college and needed flexible hours. However, now that I am not and need more, it just wont cut it financially. Bad Benefits and pretty bad pay compared to most places around my area.
Pros
Nice management, Easy going workplace
Cons
not enough pay, when busy not enough space to work
Great pay, benifits and management. Great company to work for.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Ten counties in Central Valley.June 24, 2018
Follett really cared about their employees and showed it in every way in their culture.

Good training and very forward thinking management. I worked for this company for many years and really can't remember a time when they didn't do the right thing for their customers or employees.
Pros
Great pay, training, management and overall culture.
Cons
I bought used textbooks, which is dying due to digital devices.
Decent place to work with decent pay
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 23, 2018
It's a typical retail job, if you're lucky enough to have good management then it's better. If you are in a management position, the regional leaders can be flaky. At least the one I had was. I worked in a store that had very little foot traffic, so it was hard to fill the day sometimes. The structure and steps put in place to complete certain tasks were very redundant, but overall an okay place to work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
upper level management
Don't work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winsted, CTJune 22, 2018
Management is horrible. Will not treat you fairly. Expects sales associates to do the manager's job. Manager always stays home and has associate's "cover" for then. Not recommended to my worst enemy.
Pros
Discounts i guess
Cons
You have to work with the manager
Great Team, No Overtime
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 21, 2018
Follett offers great benefits and a new PTO accrual system. Typical day is 8 - 5 pm. Work -Life balance is a plus. Hard to deal with some of the customers you deal with in Customer Service Role.
Awful pay, terrible hours, poor management
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2018
Associates only make $8.25 and you typically work less than 20 hours. Assistant managers make about $13.

You have to deal with antiquated technology, management probably wont care about there job or if you're trained.

Don't even think about overtime, they are completely against it.
Pros
Discount on school supplies
Cons
Pay, hours, management
Well place to work.
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2018
I worked here as a teenager, from my senior year and then a few more after graduating. I got lucky, my team leader was great, my manager was great, they trained me well and quickly, too. It was a great first job, and really set up high standards for other places of work. The permanent staff was strict where needed, lax where allowable, and generally extremely helpful to both temp workers, like I was, and customers with questions we couldn't answer.
productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 14, 2018
i learned how to attend to angry and aggressive customers, i acquired knowledge on computer skills. I was trained on how to acquire customer satisfaction.
N/a
Cashier and Internet Order Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TXJune 11, 2018
The company was ran through the school. I enjoyed doing internet orders and the fast paced atmosphere. I would definitely return if i absolutely had to.
Fun place to work
Inventory Accountant (Current Employee) –  Westchester, ILJune 7, 2018
Friendly place to work for, but is not easy to move up to the next level. Long hours for salaried employees. Nice place to work for if you want to stay in the same position for years.
Pros
Jeans day everyday, work for home once a week
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Follett Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight