Follett Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 1,188 reviews matching the search See all 1,202 reviews
Awesome Working place
Team Lead-Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 22, 2019
I want another Follett job the environment was so fun and nice. It was relaxed, fast pace and crazy all at random times you didn't know what you would expect next.
Pros
It is very flexible to your schedule
Cons
Pay wasn't nearly enough for a starving college student.
Worst Place I have ever worked at.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAMarch 21, 2019
While working for Follett, I was promoted within months. I was promised a pay raise with the new responsibilities. With the change in minimum wage I was nearly being paid the same amount as someone coming in as a temp.
No complaints
International Clerk (Current Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 19, 2019
There is no shortage of challenging work. The workplace culture is as good or better than the next job. The leadership team puts effort to show every employee that they are appreciated.
Fast paced.The faster you work the more you earn
Book Processor (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 13, 2019
Worked for Follett.up in Illinois. Left my job to move to Florida. I was employed for over 10 years, its been 6 months since I left. I still miss it.I wish I could have transferred here doing my same job.
Pros
My supervisor was a gem!!!
Cons
Sometimes very hectic
Mediocre Management & Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  WestchesterMarch 12, 2019
I did not enjoy working at Follett. The management is horrible and they are not willing to SUPERVISE (such as taking calls when a customer asks to speak with a supervisor and/or assisting a rep in general). They try to wiggle their way out of helping or refer you to somone else to avoid taking a call. The technical issues in this company have been the same for too long. We receive calls all day dealing with the SAME issues. Follett does not strive to improve in any areas in order to satisfy their customers. Also, the pay is way too low for all the work we did. It seems like they hire anyone to be honest and when the person can’t successfully learn the 10 different systems they use just for something as simple as book orders, the supervisors are irritated/frustrated although THEY hired them!!!
Pros
Free lunch every now & then, flexible schedule
Cons
Mediocre management, low pay, old system, no improvement
Fun working environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJMarch 11, 2019
Generally the attitude towards working was low key. There were no sales goal pressures and work was relatively slow, which allowed time to do cleaning duties and maintain inventory.
Pros
Relaxed working environment
Cons
Low pay
Great College Job
Team Lead Shipping (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDMarch 9, 2019
This was a great place to work during my college career. They worked around my college class schedule and supported me throughout my 4 years. There were busy times during the being and end of the semester but throughout the remainder of the semesters, it's very slow so you don't get as many hours but there are still opportunities to work.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility
Cons
No Overtime
Fast paced workplace
Sorter/Packer (Former Employee) –  McHenry, ILMarch 6, 2019
As long as you can stay on your feet for eight or more hours and can physically handle unpacking boxes of books then give this place a try but their turnover rate in the warehouse is pretty high
Great company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLMarch 6, 2019
I enjoyed everyday at work help customers find their materials. I had several times where customers asked for me by name because I knew my stuff. The only problem was I could never get on part-time or full-time. I stayed as a temp for 3 years.
Pros
excellent employer, great customers
Cons
low hours, hard to get permanent position in the company once temporary.
Great coopperation!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJMarch 1, 2019
Follet worked around my college schedule and made sure that I would be able to get to my classes. The people that work there are great to work with and the
Pros
Great work ethic!
Cons
No cons!

Want to know more about Follett Corporation?

Ask a question
Advancement available if you're in a big enough area
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 26, 2019
Depending on where you live there may or may not be advancement opportunities. You are expected to do way more than your pay grade but not adequately compensated in my opinion.
Pros
Monday through Friday work schedule
Cons
Not compensated enough
productive and safe to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Maryland City, MDFebruary 25, 2019
Perfect for students to work in school. The work place is safe. the hardest job is sometimes customers complain about price. at follet we meet different people with good humanity.
Pros
free training
Not the best but they let you know whats expected
Temporary Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 22, 2019
I was temping for the company on and off. I tried to do my job well in hopes that they would hire me part time and the management made me believe that I was going to hired at the end of my last cycle but I was let go without warning and quite frankly in a rude fashion. It a college bookstore you have to put up with anger customers and relatively no breaks. I knew what is getting myself into as a temp worker so it's just a quick job.
Pros
lots of hours given
Cons
little to no compensation
Relaxed Place to work
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 20, 2019
I enjoyed working at Westminster College bookstore, I have learned many thing about operating a bookstore.I enjoyed working with my Boss: Ms Thomas.she has taught me many things that have to do with the bookstore.
Pros
working with the customers
Cons
not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 19, 2019
The bookstore is a fun place to work. You get to meet new people, shake some important hands and gain doorways for new opportunities. Even though the salary wasn't much, I still learned a thing or two.
very stressful
Book Processor (Former Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 19, 2019
Warehouse associates have been on mandatory O.T 6 days a week since September . It feels like noone knows how to manage the work load. Every week "rules" change. Theres no company policy that I know you are just told them as your employment goes along. H.R hardly exists.
benefits
Cons
hours, work load
Not the best
General Merchandise Clerk (Current Employee) –  Glen Ellyn, ILFebruary 18, 2019
They never made a fair amount with budgets and never was really good with hours and everything went to others

But a nice place to work with people caring
Contractors Primarily
Help Desk Level 1 (Former Employee) –  Westchester, ILFebruary 17, 2019
They hire more contractors than hiring full-timers so time spent there isn't anything great. A lot of office drama and ill-intentions amongst themselves. Unclear direction and management. Break contracts without reason or notice so you'll need to be ready to find another job when your "hire." Not somewhere id refer someone unless I didn't like the person.
Pros
N/a
Decent place to work
Temporary Retail Team Member (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 15, 2019
Bookstore in school environment. Meeting and interacting with new people daily adds something special to any experience. An enjoyable place to work, and grow personally and professionally.
Pros
Meet and interact with new people daily
Cons
Seasonal
Working at Follett CORP " William Paterson Bookstore "
PART TIME Bookstore Associate (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJFebruary 12, 2019
When its the start/end of a semester, it can get hectic, but it keeps you busy from looking at the clock. But some days, you can spend your days staring at the clock and wondering why it is going so slow. The boss will always have something for you to do, so try to go on your own pace.
Pros
Discounts on books/marketplace
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Follett Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight