FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

Fun working environment. I got to work with many different cultures.
Volunteer Mural Painter (Former Employee) –  Williamson Elementary, Rancho Cordova, CA 95670April 7, 2018
I taught children, and that is always rewarding. I made friends with everyone. Unfortunately, I was bumped. We were moving, so I didn't fight it. The elementary school where I worked was a positive place for children and teachers alike.
Pros
Friendly working environment, much room for creativity and growth.
Cons
Average pay, part time.
Excellent place, dedicated educators
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAFebruary 14, 2018
Very diversified, very dedicated staff members, just about everyone cared abut the students. There is an extreme pride and school spirit existing throughout the school and the school activities.
Pros
Educated, dedicated, motivated staff
Cons
School District has a wide variety of jobs available
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 14, 2017
Working for a school district has a wide variety of jobs that you can do. The ability to move around depends on how much you want to continue to grow as a person. If you want to try different jobs you can take classes and continue your education.
Pros
Every holiday off and summer break and ability to get paid 12 months for 10 months of work.
Cons
You don't get paid for all those breaks, pay is low in education
if you like children great place to be
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAJuly 30, 2017
Working with Children its different every day ups and downs but the its a good job. I enjoyed the differences in each child. hardest part of the job when they move on as you will miss them.
Toughest job you'll ever have.
Special Ed Teacher - Moderate-Severe Disabilities (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 24, 2017
It was very difficult to balance family life with state/federal paperwork demands. Best part of the job was actually teaching the students. Hardest part was too little support at the administrative level regarding staffing concerns.
Pros
The children and families
Cons
Burnout, too many students in classroom, too few trained assistants, too few opportunities for network/brainstorming time with other teachers, difficult to get in break or duty-free lunch
Various school sites
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJuly 21, 2017
This school district has a variety of school sites with a wide range of students, staff, and facilities. overall it was a pleasant work environment and the culture at most schools was positive.
cut troat,disonest
Head Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJune 16, 2017
nothing good to say about FCUSD employer. if they don't like you watch your back. management want live you alone. nobody will help you or say good ward for you.
Great District to work for
Instructional Asst. Special Education (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMay 31, 2017
I worked for this district for 17 years. I would have appreciated more access to trainings but overall my experience was great. I will never forget my time at FCUSD.
A very busy district.
District Lead Printer (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 17, 2017
Overall it is a good place to work. I really like knowing that the work we produce in the print shop aids in the students learning. The environment is very casual but busy.
Pros
Nice time off around the holidays
Cons
The pay could be more competitive.
Great Place To Work
Payroll Accountant (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 4, 2017
Folsom Cordova Unified School District is a great place to work. The management is awesome, coworkers and staff. The only downfall are the cost of the benefits.
Pros
Great people to work with & management is great
Cons
Horrible benefits
Great People!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 8, 2017
You really get to know you coworkers and build a positive relationship with them, which makes it easier to perform your job and make it more enjoyable too!
Good experience, good people
Instructional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 21, 2017
I loved working here!!! Almost every person I encountered as a substitute instructional assistant was very nice & helpful.
Pros
Friendly staff & management
ok
Bus driver/ Administrative Assistant On Call (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 31, 2016
Good place to build your skills on running an office. multi tasking gets improved. You get to understand the ins and outs of the business management side .
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAAugust 25, 2016
Always something new to learn and the co-workers are great! Management pushes staff to be creative and learn new software.
flexibility and great pay as a substitute
Instructional Aide Substitute (Current Employee) –  Folsom and Rancho CordovaJune 8, 2016
I thoroughly enjoy getting to sub in the different classrooms at FCUSD. Each day is unique and gives a new experience. The teachers are kind and hard working. The school staff are always helpful and kind as well.
Great Co-workers
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CANovember 3, 2015
I enjoy working with my co-workers. They help make the day go along. I am constantly learning new job skills, which is a great benefit to me.
Pros
Co-workers, always learning
Cons
healthcare, job security, political
Teach because you love kids
Science Teacher (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAApril 18, 2015
I've had the pleasure of working with far more great teachers than poor ones, especially in this district. The students and parents care about education. For the most part, principals also care about the students more than they care about micro managing teachers.
food services
Food Service Worker 1 (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 20, 2015
You must like children to work in this job, if you do not or have patients dealing with kids and or teacher do not apply. U will learn very necessary skills from this job regarding food safety and temping food so their are safe to eat.
Pros
union
Cons
full time hours
I Am A Very Qualified Coach
Cordova High Assistant Coach (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CANovember 19, 2014
I Love Giving Back To My Community I Grew Up In The Place I Coach At. I Love Helping Our Youth. I Believe In Teaching Life Skills Through Sports. I've Been Coaching for 16 years and I've seen some of my players be successful weather it was playing in the NFL or getting great jobs and owning businesses.
Student Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Folsom, CAOctober 6, 2014
I enjoy working at the Student Care. I like assisting students with their homework, creating craft projects and everything that allows me to interact with the kids after school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT. Our community is ready to answer.

FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Reviews by Location