FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Employee Reviews

United States52 reviews

Very professional work environment with excellent leadership.

Team collaboration, with a positive learning atmosphere, was the culture that was present in this school district. Excellent training was provided to stay with the latest practices along with leadership support.

Pros

Leadership support, positive workplace culture, support from the community

low pay, low moral, Admin isn't supportive

Once was a great place to work, but now I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies. Benefits are expensive roughly $1400 for a family just for medical, not including dental. It is so expensive to live in the area and the pay does not allow for you to be able to afford rent and forget about buying a house in the area. They never hirer any of the new teachers, they let them go every year or they put them on temp contracts. The district serves two different towns and they cater to they "rich" town. If you are working in the "other" town it is rough and can be emotionally draining, most schools have a high turn over rate, many go without positions being filled all year long, and many times teachers quit in the middle of the year. Students are very rude and disrespectful, Admin refuses to discipline students, students take no personal responsibility for their actions. Students are on their phones videoing teachers, trying to get them fired, it is really messed up.

FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Clear sense of purpose

Great compensation and respectful workplace

I was a speech-language pathologist at FCUSD. I loved my workplace community, felt like we had time to collaborate with other school staff, were not micromanaged at all and were trusted as service providers. We had access to so many resources and assessment materials. Everyone at my school sites were so kind and accommodating. I felt like my team was dedicated to my career advancement and growth and I was permitted to attend CEU conferences and given paid days to attend these.

Pros

Annual cost of living raise, strong teacher's union, fair compensation especially for the area, friendly staff, sign on bonuses

Cons

Unpredictable (due to COVID)

Not a bad place.

No ongoing training or advancement , management and lead mech. weren't mechanically inclined in any way. The shop environment was fine until they tried to micro- manage it.

Pros

Use of the sunshine fund, for employees b-day cakes and cards.

Cons

Depressing, when the employee pays over 50 percent for health insurance premiums.

Generally very supportive of your needs

I found that debriefing following my observations were the best part. I am a person that prefers good objective criticism to know how to move forward. I was a former educator from a different state that worked as an aide. I learned a lot in the time I spent in the classroom. I had a great deal of flexibility with my assigned students at Cordova HS. I would rate the level of professionalism the highest. I would still be there had I not moved out of state. I recommend that you focus on your student’s needs and maintain your professionalism at all times.

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule and admin support

Cons

More planning time with my teachers to adjust support focus

Fun and meaningful work

Love working here. I have a sense of purpose and I know my work helps and saves lives. It’s always a busy day here and there is always stuff to do. Never a boring day.

Pros

You get to meet many people.

Cons

Pay is not as good but better than other districts

Productivity and Management

When I was working for the Folsom Cordova Unified School District, the tasks that were given to me and my colleagues were challenging but it taught me that nothing comes easy. I had great partnership with the leadership team. It was a great opportunity and it helped me expand my knowledge.

Large District

Ok place to work but way understaffed in my department. General feeling of being overworked and underappreciated. The salary is ok but a lot is expected of you. Difficult to get enough time off when needed during much of the year.

Folsom Cordova School District Employment

Folsom Cordova School District has taught me a lot, I have learned to work at a very fast and efficient pace, Working well in teams aswell as individual, Furthered my communication skills and the district has so many options to grow.

Pros

Flexible schedule, Benefits, Pto

Supportive administrative staff

FCUSD is a progressive school district that meets the learning needs of thousands of students and the staff is well trained and equipped to to deliver outstanding instruction to the students.

The atmosphere is very professional with team collaboration in mind.

I worked for Folsom Cordova Unified School District for 20 years. The school kept a positive work atmosphere for students and teachers. Many life long relationships were formed with colleagues and students. This was the most rewarding job and career that I could have experienced. The administration was supportive and I always felt a sense of pride when going to work.

Pros

Supportive Staff, Administration, and Community

Cons

From the minute I walked into the district office I was treated horribly. The district employees are negligent and rude.

The payroll department is well known for being careless and negligent. No one holds them accountable for their mistakes. From the minute I walked into the district office, I was treated poorly. The secretary at the front desk refused to acknowledge me even though I had an appointment with HR. I should have taken that as a sign and walked away. Worst employer of my career!

Hit and Miss

If you are lucky enough to be in with the established staff then you will have a happy employment. If not then you will have a hard time advancing within the district.

Pros

Union

Cons

Not friendly

A Great Work Place with Standards

I enjoyed my position at the district, you are expected to maintain an integrity in work ethic and adhere to the rules presented. If you down know what to do then ask questions so that you may benefit the district and improve your own skills all together.

Fcusd

loved working with the principal and staff, but the pay and the fact that the jobs were not permanent positions was hard and ultimately why I left. I loved working with the children the most.

great place to work at

Seeking a challenging position where I can be utilized to the fullest potential to benefit and organization as well as myself. like meeting new people.

Productive fun atmosphere environment

Experience growth in position designed to drive imagination desired growth. Position that brings you closer to your community /school helpful to further push our knowledge.

Pros

Growing and learning from staff and students.

Cons

Present position not providing hours desired a week for position.

lunch lady

a typical work day start by prepping and cooking food for breakfast and lunch. cleaning and sanitizing the work area. hardest part of the job is having to lift and rotate boxes in the fridge or walk in.

I worked in the Finance Department. So I can only speak for that department. But the Director and the manager are not good at their jobs and the director is worse. But coworkers, the job itself and staff outside the district building are great.

Pros

Pay, benefits, flexible schedule, holidays, sick leave and vacation leave

Cons

Cost of benefits for a family or even employee +1 is outrageous and management

Fast paced

Be yourself and relax don’t worry about the little things. It is a quick learning environment so pay close attention to even the smallest detail. Make sure you are friendly and the kids will be friendly back.Treat them the way you want to be treated.

Get to meet some great people from different departments

A great district to work within and opportunity for growth potential within the district. There are different locations that you can work at. There are different departments , from the district office to working in schools with students

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT in popular locations

• FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?