FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
View all FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT reviews

FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Instructional Aide Review

Generally very supportive of your needs

I found that debriefing following my observations were the best part. I am a person that prefers good objective criticism to know how to move forward. I was a former educator from a different state that worked as an aide. I learned a lot in the time I spent in the classroom. I had a great deal of flexibility with my assigned students at Cordova HS. I would rate the level of professionalism the highest. I would still be there had I not moved out of state. I recommend that you focus on your student’s needs and maintain your professionalism at all times.

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule and admin support

Cons

More planning time with my teachers to adjust support focus

4.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same roleSame location

Get to meet some great people from different departments

A great district to work within and opportunity for growth potential within the district. There are different locations that you can work at. There are different departments , from the district office to working in schools with students
Same roleSame location

flexibility and great pay as a substitute

I thoroughly enjoy getting to sub in the different classrooms at FCUSD. Each day is unique and gives a new experience. The teachers are kind and hard working. The school staff are always helpful and kind as well.
Same location

low pay, low moral, Admin isn't supportive

Once was a great place to work, but now I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies. Benefits are expensive roughly $1400 for a family just for medical, not including dental. It is so expensive to live in the area and the pay does not allow for you to be able to afford rent and forget about buying a house in the area. They never hirer any of the new teachers, they let them go every year or they put them on temp contracts. The district serves two different towns and they cater to they "rich" town. If you are working in the "other" town it is rough and can be emotionally draining, most schools have a high turn over rate, many go without positions being filled all year long, and many times teachers quit in the middle of the year. Students are very rude and disrespectful, Admin refuses to discipline students, students take no personal responsibility for their actions. Students are on their phones videoing teachers, trying to get them fired, it is really messed up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits