FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
View all FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT reviews

FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT

FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT Speech Language Pathologist Review

Great compensation and respectful workplace

I was a speech-language pathologist at FCUSD. I loved my workplace community, felt like we had time to collaborate with other school staff, were not micromanaged at all and were trusted as service providers. We had access to so many resources and assessment materials. Everyone at my school sites were so kind and accommodating. I felt like my team was dedicated to my career advancement and growth and I was permitted to attend CEU conferences and given paid days to attend these.

Pros

Annual cost of living raise, strong teacher's union, fair compensation especially for the area, friendly staff, sign on bonuses

Cons

Unpredictable (due to COVID)

5.0 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Same location

low pay, low moral, Admin isn't supportive

Once was a great place to work, but now I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemies. Benefits are expensive roughly $1400 for a family just for medical, not including dental. It is so expensive to live in the area and the pay does not allow for you to be able to afford rent and forget about buying a house in the area. They never hirer any of the new teachers, they let them go every year or they put them on temp contracts. The district serves two different towns and they cater to they "rich" town. If you are working in the "other" town it is rough and can be emotionally draining, most schools have a high turn over rate, many go without positions being filled all year long, and many times teachers quit in the middle of the year. Students are very rude and disrespectful, Admin refuses to discipline students, students take no personal responsibility for their actions. Students are on their phones videoing teachers, trying to get them fired, it is really messed up.

Not a bad place.

No ongoing training or advancement , management and lead mech. weren't mechanically inclined in any way. The shop environment was fine until they tried to micro- manage it.

Pros

Use of the sunshine fund, for employees b-day cakes and cards.

Cons

Depressing, when the employee pays over 50 percent for health insurance premiums.
Same location

Generally very supportive of your needs

I found that debriefing following my observations were the best part. I am a person that prefers good objective criticism to know how to move forward. I was a former educator from a different state that worked as an aide. I learned a lot in the time I spent in the classroom. I had a great deal of flexibility with my assigned students at Cordova HS. I would rate the level of professionalism the highest. I would still be there had I not moved out of state. I recommend that you focus on your student’s needs and maintain your professionalism at all times.

Pros

Flexibility of work schedule and admin support

Cons

More planning time with my teachers to adjust support focus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT in popular locations

• FOLSOM CORDOVA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
  • Great compensation and respectful workplace
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?