Food 4 Less Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Fast pace environment with no support
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Crest Hill, ILAugust 16, 2018
Great benefits but not worth it. District Manager changes every year. I could not grow in the company. Due to the fact that my job was not being recognized.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
could not hire the right people
Alright place to work for first job
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 10, 2018
Working at food 4 less was good at first but the longer I worked there the more I would notice that they would take advantage of employees making them do jobs they aren't supposed to do or do other employees jobs because they would either not show up to work or it's a no call no show also would see female employees flirting with vendors or f4l employees also employees smoking weed or vaping while on the job or outside the store managers having favorite workers and looking for any little thing to fire u and most of all the employees always gossiping and making up rumors about people I would never suggest working for food 4 less as they dont care about there employees
Pros
Cons
Not enough break time, management sucks
Great job
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 7, 2018
If you’re looking for an easy job that you could take seriously and get paid well for food 4 less is the place , the tasks are never hard and co workers are friendly and helpful when you need it .
Decent career
Grocery Night Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 5, 2018
If you have customer service experience this would be a great place to work. Very hands on learning quick and easy to pick up. Learn how to stock, cashier , bake, stock produce, slice and stock meat and dairy etc.
Pros
Anually vacation and sickpay checks
Cons
Must have flexible schedule because schedule changes every week non consistent
Good place to Work but Settle for Better!
Meat Cutter (Current Employee) –  Escondido, CAAugust 5, 2018
Work hard and you can work your way up Quickly. This Unionized store is a good place to work if you like job security and the idea that you can not be fired easily. With that being said you are constantly finding yourself with advacment opportunities if you WORK HARD due to the fact that most co workers will be so laid back with the knowledge that they do not have to work at their 100% because they won't be fired they just have to show up to work to collect a check even if they do not work during their shift. At first it seems cool to be promoted so quickly but then you notice that you are doing EVERYONE'S JOB for them and it gets old fast. When you are getting paid more than others and promoted to a higher position all the work falls on you, if it's done right it is what's expected of you and you are rarely appreciated for success, but if it dosnt everything goes down on you even if you are not the Manager of your department. It is hard to work with So many people and food 4 less has you working with 30 people in you dpt to keep the hours down to something like 20 hours a week employee because promotions usually depend on a fixed ammnt of hours until your next raise.
Pros
Anniversary bonus is nice, Union
Cons
Union job. Too many co workers, makes it hard for you to get hours or allocate a pay raise.
For Children
Front End Supervisor/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 4, 2018
Working at food 4 less is a dead end job,you have to go through a lot for a raise. I wouldn't recommend anyone over 18 working for Kroger because it is not sufficient for an adult to live off of.
Pros
open 18 hours a day, local
Cons
Pay rate, management, health coverage, hours allotted to work
Customer Service Key
Utility Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 3, 2018
Interacting with customers on a regular basis really help my gain strong customer service skills. I had little experience as a cashier but as I stocked the shelves I would always greet them and gave them a hand around the store however my help was needed
Wasn't for me
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 2, 2018
I did not understand why they didn't want to give more hours at work but had so much things they needed done plus managment was horrible didn't communicate with graveyard shift employees about what they needed done
Fun
Produce Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 30, 2018
Its a good place to work. A lot of nice and helpful people are there ready to help you if you need it. Hours change depending on the time of the month but haven’t got 40 hours sine new managers joined.
Pros
Sunday pay
Cons
Little hours
was a very unhappy place to work
Fuel Attendant (Current Employee) –  Barstow, CAJuly 26, 2018
As a fuel attendant I was very unhappy working for this store. I was known as a fuel attendant but had me working as a cashier. Did not get paid for one and was not happy about it. I worked inside and outside of the store. I was part-time and didnt see myself getting any kind of advancement.
Never gave hours
Overnight Stocker (Former Employee) –  Madera, CAJuly 23, 2018
It was a good job if you had a mother job that would work around your schedule. Food 4 less never worked with your schedule or gave you hours. And the manager would never help he would send another new guy or someone who is still learning to help the first day employees.
Learning
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2018
It was a good learning , experience . I enjoyed my job and the people I got to encounter while I was doing my job , it was a great place to work for
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Don't Bother!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hammond, INJuly 17, 2018
I started out here only working part time telling managers I couldn't work full time bc of my other job... well they listened at first then started scheduling me 30 plus hours even though they hired me in part time knowing my schedule... management is no better and if u don't scan fast enough they will suspend you. They don't tell u either after they hire u that u go all they way out to Dolton or Chicago heights Illinois for cashier school for a week. It's not worth it
Easy fun job
Utility Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 15, 2018
Eaay fun job. Easy work. Get to meet alot of people in the community. Helps develop communication skills. Glad to have worked. Its a job not a career.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short breaks
Mixed
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Yucca Valley, CAJuly 13, 2018
Not always fair. Lack of holding people accountable. Favoritism is a big thing and I dont like that. I just go to work do my job and do it well. I'm not there to make friends.
Not a good place to work
Customer First Clerk (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, CAJuly 13, 2018
Only good for a few months then probably move on to something better

Typical day starts with cleaning up trash outside of store
Sweeping the inside of the store
Using a cart to pick up wrongfully placed items and returning then to the correct place
You learn as you go
A ton of gossip goes on
Hardest part was taking direction from management since they don’t communicate you get told how to do thing about 3 times before you start doing it the right way
The most enjoyable part was actually getting told you were doing a great job by a costumer
Pros
You get breaks
Cons
You are being watched during your breaks
Dont work for this company, especially not in bend oregon
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORJuly 10, 2018
Everything about this company is trash. Don't work here especially in bend ore. The management will screw you over.. Cut throat. The management is lazy and dont want to work but wants you to do it all.
It would be a great job if everyone got treated equally
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 9, 2018
Favoritism is rampant in this work environment. If you're not a "favorite" then your job will be overseen. Everyone is unappreciated. They want one person to do the job of four people.
Pros
easy jobs
Cons
they treat you like you're not even human
In a fast-paced working enviorment, seeing friendly faces daily always made my day.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 3, 2018
I worked so fast to get every job needed to be done, when days became slow with nothing to do, gave me more idle time to make friendly business oriented company policy driven conversation.
Pros
Everything, was, perfect
Cons
Store managers were stressed, floor supervisors too strict, gossiping
Productive and fun workplace.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORJune 28, 2018
Fun and active place to work in with always having something to do. Always either walking or running to get things done which made time go by fast....