Food Bank Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
Food bank was only temporary
Maintenance Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 15, 2018
The foodbank was unorganized to some degree, they really didn't much for the two of us who were maintenance facilitator, it started out good, but in the end hours were cut as well as pay, it was temporary because it was through the Michigan works program. what I was assigned to do was clean floors, mop, fix anything or device that needed it, clean the bathrooms, ballroom ect.
Pros
no pros
Cons
lunch break wasn't long enough and we didn't have any other break
Productive and fast pace environment
Teen Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 23, 2018
It was a great learning experience of customer service even though it was a volunteer job. It was culturally diverse and I had the chance to interact with all types of people, from different backgrounds and different ages.
Served my Community
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 19, 2018
Giving or passing away free food with good nutrition contributed from differences food co. and businesses in the bay areas, make sure everyone have access to free food.
Collaborative and very worker friendly.
Packing and Sealing (Former Employee) –  Surprise, AZApril 12, 2018
Well it was volunteer so first I would sign in then head to the back where everyone start working. We would sort the food into proper areas then seal the bag. This way it could be taken to the kids.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Some people showed up late
fun, quick pace
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2018
I loved going to work everyday. The people you work with was amazing, always keep you laughing. You learn more and more the longer you are their. I could have worked their for ever. I hate it ended.
Pros
family environment, always learning never boring
Cons
No cons perfect
This was strictly volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Graham, WAMarch 21, 2018
The food bank is a non profit place that I would volunteer to assist every week. Amazing people and great atmosphere. If anyone has extra time and likes to give back to the community I would definitely suggest giving a helping hand.
this was only temporary and we werent paid
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Logan, OHMarch 6, 2018
Lot of fun...laid back environment..felt good to help..we prepared meals for the meals on wheels program and all of the snacks for the kids at all of the head starts.
Productive Work Place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 6, 2018
The experience was positive. Working well with others has giving me the great team player attitude. Lifting and being busy through out the day keeps me phyically fit. Over all the atomosphere can get busy but staying busy is what i enjoyed.
Pros
free linch
Cons
shot breaks quit often
short and volunteerly
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Milford, DEFebruary 21, 2018
it was quick paste, easy, and is a vounteer job, it gives me something to put on my resume. it also lets me feel how a quick paste can make me feel in a real job.
Pros
something to put on my resume
Cons
Fine workplace with unorganized management
Food Pantry Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dedham, MAFebruary 12, 2018
I worked at the Food Bank as a volunteer, meaning I didn't get paid. The work wasn't too bad and it was eye-opening to see how many people's lives this affected, but the management was unorganized and the workplace was grubby. I do realize people do not care about the quality of the pantry when all they really need is the food, but it wouldn't be too bad to freshen it up. I did enjoy working there on Saturday mornings, but wouldn't be too quick to suggest this one to a friend.
its great
Community Volunteer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 6, 2018
the SA food bank is a great place to give back!!!!
definitely spending free time here is a great way to build a community network. love this place!!!
I was a volunteer at my school
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 2, 2018
I did not work through the food bank specifically, I worked through my high school with cooperation of the food bank to raise money and collect food for donation.
N/a
Food handler (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 1, 2018
Good place to work, pay dicent plus good benefits and others
Food Bank
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 25, 2018
I really enjoy volunteering for the community and plan on creating my own Non-Profit although I need money to do that so I am starting to look for work.
It was good.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 21, 2018
I enjoyed working there along with the other interns. As my second official job I was able to get a feel of what it was like to work in an office environment.
professional
Benefit Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2018
very professional work place. Gained a lot of experience being a food benefit specialist, doing data entry and using programs such as sale force and Microsoft.
Pros
hours
Cons
transit
Nice place to wok
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Sun Valley, CAJanuary 8, 2018
I enjoy working there and helping customer's and doing paper work and what ever they tell me to do i would help them do it because sometime they. Would not have people to help them and they would be very bissy So i was all over the place helping and my day would go fast.
Fun place to work at!
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Fairbanks, AKJanuary 2, 2018
The food bank was a fun place to volunteer at! They offered great and hard working service to those in need. It included a fun environment for all volunteers!
Volunteer at Food Bank
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WADecember 20, 2017
For me working in this job was very active and so organized, at first when I start working, I was so surprised how the manage all the food for poor people or homeless. I don't really get paid, that was my first job in my 17 years old to start searching every time a job for my studies. I sincerely live without my family but the rest depends on me to work better and find quickly a new job.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Happiness
fun workplace
Metropolitan Volunteer Program (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 20, 2017
Great place to volunteer, they have a friendly and very helpful staff. The holidays are the times they need the most volunteers. After my first time volunteering I fell in love with the internal reward.
Pros
Great staff