Food City Employee Reviews

A great plece to work
dell clerk (Former Employee) –  East Ridge, TN 37412 or 214February 12, 2019
the job was a challenge at first, but with patience of managment my speed increased and I was able to work in the bakery and do some of the cooking. Over all I enjoyed the work and if only my hearing was good i would still be there. I like to work as a day stocker or delli clerk and wiould like to work at store 214 on Hwy 41 because it was new and maybe new ways of doing things are there..
I hated working here.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lenoir City, TNFebruary 7, 2019
I barely made above minimum wage. I was making $7.50 an hour. I barely got any hours and I absolutely dreaded going to work. I’m so glad I left. It was awful.
Workplace at Food City
Meat Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 28, 2019
I would go in and start cleaning area of the department and do costumer service. The management was helpful at times but not always. The workplace was stressful, no one worked together, everyone did what they wanted. The hardest part was dealing with anger customers and not getting work done. The most enjoyable part was leaving for the day.
Great Workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNJanuary 25, 2019
Good Environment; know what to expect each and every day!
The management and associates are great to work with!
Store cleanliness: Satisfaction rating of store cleanliness.
Competitive prices: Satisfaction with store prices.
Pros
good enviorment
Good starter job.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TNJanuary 22, 2019
It was my first paying job. I enjoyed the people I worked with and for the most part enjoyed the environment. I'd say the hardest part of my job was being with the customers with bad attitudes. Even though I handled things in a respectful way, I found it emotionally damaging after a certain amount of disrespect thrown my way.
productive
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  South Williamson, KYJanuary 22, 2019
working in the deli is fast pace for customer satisfaction, and the co-workers are very friendly and willingness to be helpful to provide team work which makes the day go much smoother
stressful
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greeneville, TNJanuary 21, 2019
The management at the store I worked for were not understanding with vacation or being late. The Store managers were helpful and understanding at times. Overall, a good first job.
Very relaxed
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 21, 2019
The culture there is very calm. Never loud and never too busy. A great workspace but they pay is not good. It may have changed since I worked there in 2016.
Pros
Not busy at all
Cons
It’s was a really great place to work
Meat Butcher (Former Employee) –  Cassidy Byld pikeville kyJanuary 21, 2019
It really was a good job I liked it everyone was really really nice I mean it had its bad days and it’s good days but what work don’t but I just had to quit because I came out here and trying to find a better job
Pros
Everyone is nice and you get an hour lunch
Cons
They ain’t really any
Worst grocery store in Phoenix
Night Crew Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2019
Food city is the unloved child of the Bashas family. We are always understaffed and we have the laziest people I have ever worked with. management expects the night crew to fill everything at night and make it last the whole day, no one fills shelves or displays during the day. I see customers expressions when they see how understaffed we are every day. only 1 or 2 cashiers open during busy times. Even having just one front end manager working the whole week. All the hard workers end up leaving and then you're stuck working along the lazy ones. Regional managers can care less. If you call them directly with issues they just call the store directors and tell them to handle it. It is embarrassing when the store looks a mess and customers keep finding expired product. The distribution center sends so much over stock of items that don't even sell and they just end up sitting in the back till they expire. You can be a hard worker but if you miss one day or say you cant come in to help on a day off, they will cut your hours down.
Pros
if you're lazy, it's an easy paycheck
Cons
read the review.
Okay
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 19, 2019
I don't have any issue with my current position with my job I am okay with the way things are currently going at the moment and I hope to continue to be able to remain In a productive role at my work place.
Pros
Experience
bring in carts
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  pheenix ,azJanuary 11, 2019
I would bring in carts from outside and take go backs to there proper place I learned that having a good boss could really make the work place a happy place
I would never work there again
OVERNIGHT STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 9, 2019
They treat you very unfair, I get tenured staff members have been there forever, but if you go to management about it you lose your job. They are short staffed due to no one wants to be in that environment. They don't work as a team, or try to help build a new team.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Staff and managment
N/a
Courtesy Clerk/Bagger (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 2, 2019
N/a i thought it was a good place for a fist time job working Nd going to school. I remember I always had plenty of hours Nd had a one hour lunch Nd a 15 min break.
Pros
I lived close to my job
Cons
It was only a 5 perfect discount for my goods purchased
Fast paced
Produce (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZDecember 17, 2018
Food City is a great place to start out your working career. You have the ability interact and help customers daily. It was a good place to work for 7 plus years.
long days working with managers that didn’t know how to manage
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXDecember 12, 2018
in our town our foodcity is poorly managed, and very rude costumers nothing fun about working there would not recommend working there unless you really need a job like i did
Relaxing.
Tortilleria clerk (Former Employee) –  Casa Grande, AZNovember 21, 2018
I worked with food city for 4 years, working with them took care of my kids which meant a lot to me. As much as I didn't want to leave, I couldn't survive off 12hrs a week.
Pros
Good environment.
My experience at Food City is very Good.
COURTESY CLERK (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 23, 2018
I have worked for Food City for the past seven years of my life and went to college and graduated with a bachelors while I while they were flexible around my college schedule. I worked three billets there and they were Deli Dish Washer, Front End Clerk, and Cashier.
Pros
I like everything about the Food City Office.
Cons
Food City doesn't have any cons.
easy place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  phoenixSeptember 24, 2018
This job prepares you if you want to pursue another job in customer service. Hours are flexible and the pay is weekly. not many benefits but vacation and sick time is available
Pros
easy hours
Cons
low pay
Fun place to work
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 21, 2018
It truly is a fun place to work, the cashiers and managers are really fun. I only left because I was only getting 15 hours a week and I asked for more a month before I put in my two weeks notice.
Pros
Discounts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food City. Our community is ready to answer.