Food For Thought Employee Reviews

Highend Catering
Server (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILApril 2, 2018
Working for food for thought was a very enjoyable experience. I can honestly say if it was for the company, I would have not have the chance to visit the inside of some of their venues which where really upscale. However, management and employees are predominantly Hispanics and ge most of the advantages.
Pros
Venues and experiences
Cons
Seasonal, less work hours
good place to work
Prep Cook / Server (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 27, 2018
Good place to work, good worker .They treat you like family its not to hard and not to stressful and you make your own hours.Great place to start if your looking to enter the catering industiery
I enjoyed this job immensely
Farm to School Representative (Former Employee) –  Ojai, CA 93023March 12, 2018
Working with Food For thought was a breathe of fresh air!
I got to work with the students, creating special event days for different sites.

I was being paid to be creative, and work with local organic farms.
The staff was enthusiastic, and supportive of our children by teaching them the essentials in healthy choices and healthy living.
Pros
great foods/helped community to make healthy choices
Cons
not enough hours of work
Wish I had chosen a different job.
Cashier, Waitress, Cook (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTFebruary 26, 2018
Typically I would come into work. Make sure everything was put out on display. Prep meals. As costumers came in, I would seat them, take their orders, prepare meals, clean up, work cashier and close. I loved working with people. Just not the best work environment.
Fun workplace and personalble co-workers/managers
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILJanuary 18, 2018
Great environment with spectacular events....the staff and managers are easy to work with. Everyone works in cohesion with each other and the events run smoothly.
Business Owned
Owner (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 6, 2017
Self employed business that allowed me to raise children, participate in their activities and still own a business and use my degree. Great reputation for business lunch.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
it was a nice safe environment
Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHNovember 9, 2017
orders were put in and after that I had a certain time to produce the order so that it could be put out in time. Very high quality food exoctic salads and etc...
Fast paced
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2017
It was a fast paced job but the places you go are amazing. The people you work with and meet are awesome. You'll always been on your feet and time passes quickly.
Fast place and multitasking at the job
Cashier/Prep (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILOctober 5, 2017
Prepping food for breakfast and lunch, as well as setting it up in buffet style manner, great customer service, handling cash register, and cleaning up after the day is done.
Restaurant
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 11, 2017
A family owned business that catered to the surrounding business and night life . Prices were good and the boss was fair . There was room for advancement and creativity .
Pros
Free lunches . Flexible hours
Cons
No benefits
good place to work
Delivery Driver and Dish Washer (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAJune 14, 2017
A family own Food catering company that is positive and does a great job. i enjoy working with the people and learning new stuff from them. the hardest part is waking up at 530
Great Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHMay 12, 2017
Great owners, needs a new office manager, great coworkers, delicious food to try. Wonderful clients to work with, no room for growth in this company small catering business.
The people are great
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAApril 17, 2017
I was a server and only work on Friday nights. I had regular customers and enjoyed them very much. My co-workers were easy to work with and we had a great team.
Fast paced
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Bothell, WAApril 10, 2017
It was a good starting barista position. Best part was that it was on campus and there was a constant flow of customers. I learned a lot from this job.
Productive place to work
Steward (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 25, 2017
I really enjoyed cooking with this company everyone was very friendly I would return if I moved back to Illinois the pay was well
Food For Thought
Chef/Cook/Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 21, 2016
Take a trip to Food 4 Thought Cafe in Brooklyn and make your next meal a good one. Dine out in the open during Food 4 Thought Cafe's summer season when patio tables are available for use.

Prefer to dine from the comfort of your own couch? Swing by this restaurant for carryout, or have them come to you with delivery.

Get in and out of the car quickly with no-hassle parking located all around the restaurant.

Delicious food is never hard to find, but it is hard to find at the right price. Food 4 Thought Cafe is making it happen.
Very poor management.
Purchasing/Materials Manager (Former Employee) –  Honor, MISeptember 19, 2016
A company with-out any direction. Upper management constantly changing their minds about issues at work. Very confusing and un-stable business. One owner wants to make lot of money and the other doesn't care about making money, but wants to save the world. products are over priced and they miss lead customers about their products.
Pros
Layed back atmosphere.
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits, bad management
Productive and professional environment
Food preparation (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHFebruary 25, 2016
Great place to work. The management was very knowledgeable, will and eager to help. The production was well organized and the menu selection was well above average. Employees took much pride in preparation and completion of orders
cook, Prep cook
Prep cook (Former Employee) –  Lincolnwood, ILNovember 16, 2015
fast, straight forward work. Consistant, Professional. I learned the operation of catering the order of service and detail. Management was awesome and lead by example never asked one of something that they were not willing to do first.
Pros
Free lunch no real late late nights consist work
Cons
Had to call in for scheduling
Good People
Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Honor, MISeptember 25, 2015
Many good people work here including the owners. I have learned much about our food chain starting with organic food and Non-GMO. Being a small company it's hard to get the distribution needed to grow at a steady pace.
Pros
Employers/Employees
Cons
No Health Care