Food Lifeline Employee Reviews

It is not a good place to work.
Food Resources (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 11, 2018
The most enjoyable part about working at food lifeline is getting to work with the food banks they provide food to. That's why my rating is 1 star. Other than that, this is a really nice building with a really poorly operated non-profit running inside of it. This will dawn on you as you work with "partners." If you're a lucky person, you'll be favored by leadership for acting the "right way"(anybody's guess on what that means) and you can partake in completing cause marketing goals for walmart, wells fargo, etc.
Pros
The food banks
Cons
Leadership and the office politics
Very good place to work the co-workers are good and the company has a real concern about their employees .
Food Share Program Driver (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 23, 2018
I think for the cost of living in Seattle that the wages for Lower level positions should be more compatible. Overall very good place to work I would recommend it to anyone!! Thank you Foodlifeline
Pros
Job security, health care
Cons
Pay could use improving!
Great experience
Supply Chain Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 6, 2018
I worked for Food Lifeline as an supply chain volunteer. From this experience, I've learned many helpful warehouse operation and management skills. Everyone there would like to help others.
Nice people, nice workplace culture.
Awesome mission, questionable leadership
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 24, 2018
I agree with most of the other reviews on this page. The company as a whole is passionate and excited to help out the community, which is a powerful thing to be apart of. The lower level staff consists of some really wonderful and kind people. Unfortunately, the management and higher ups completely take away from this work environment, like others have mentioned. They don't care to take the time to invest in their employees and lack the actual skills to train employees. You're really on your own here and will be treated as if you are disposable. Stand up for yourself and learn how to do the job you are given on your own, because if you look to management for guidance they will let you down. They lack in basic people-management skills.
Pros
Great mission statement, helping the community
Cons
Poor Management
Great mission, questionable leadership
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJanuary 25, 2018
Like most non-profits, especially food banks, Food Lifeline is filled with really passionate people excited to do their part to reduce hunger. Unfortunately, management and leadership has some questionable styles and make poor decisions and generally don't support long term changes and advancements. Lower level staff are often not paid highly and treated more or less disposable.
competitive work environment with a mission
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WANovember 10, 2017
Because food lifeline is a nonprofit, it provides a feeling of working for the greater good as an employee. The environment is challenging but the people are good.
Food Lifeline
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 18, 2017
Go place to start or end your career, but avoid if in the middle of your career. Force socialization but they do try to get everyone involve. Wish they gave more food to people.
Pros
Nice people and great mission
Cons
Not a place to advance your career
It was a volunteer job
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 16, 2017
While I worked at Food Lifeline I was volunteering. At the job we would sort and package food to deliver to people in need. At the end of each work session, they would compare the weight of the food packed with each group working together.
Growing organization with a good purpose
Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 16, 2017
Food Lifeline has recently brought in some new talent in upper management positions that are leading the organization through a strategic plan to double in size over the next ten years.

There are some pains that come with growth, but the organization has good intentions. The new upper management has really helped to improve the culture and things that have held the company back.
Pros
Great work life balance, helping the community
Cons
Compensation
How you say it is more important than what you say.
Program Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 7, 2017
A very stressful environment after about 3 months (newness novelty wears off). The preexisting drama combined with the constant power struggle of management makes potential progress slow at best. Meetings with management was primarily regarding "word choices" and "phrasing" and never about deliverable quantity, quality, or pace.

If you want to doubt your ability to write a coherent unoffensive email...this is your place.

For a nonprofit, benefits were good. Pay was average by nonprofit standards. Advancement is very limited as upper management spends time frequently changing their own titles.

The company's mission and programs are great and easy to get behind but the leadership lacks basic people-management skills.
Pros
Great mission and company goals.
Cons
Poor management.
Food Life Line - Community programs
Community Programs Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 2, 2016
Food lifeline was my first Job in Seattle. It was an amazing concept of a company and still is, I adore what they are doing as an organization. I was very lucky to be apart of the kids cafe program and help try to rid of childhood hunger.
Productive and very organized. Made packing food fun.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Shoreline, WAJuly 13, 2014
Show up to the warehouse, sign in, and then everyone washes their hands and gets hair nets. The times that I volunteered there I helped pack corn and potatoes. Management was great and very organized. made packing into a game almost to see which side go pack most efficiently. The best part of this volunteer experiences is learning to work as a team with friends as well as people I didn't know. The hardest part was when we were packing corn because it was frozen so our hands got cold kinda fast. So we would switch jobs every once in a while to give each other breaks from the cold corn. Overall great experience.