Food Lion Employee Reviews

Found 7,314 reviews matching the search See all 7,327 reviews
Learn and Move On
Cash Office Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 17, 2018
I learned a lot at Food Lion; especially in the cash office with additional customer service access which was rewarding. However, I was never continuously provided 40 hours a week and because of this medical and dental was not provided. The hardest part of the job was my not being able to make adequate child care provisions because I did not have a consistent work schedule.
To much needed to be done and not enough employees
Night Stocker (Current Employee) –  Knightdale, NCNovember 17, 2018
Unloading trucks, stocking shelves, to much work not enough workers, ridiculous workloads per person, doing other people duties, moving heavy pallets and grocery floats, working past scheduled time
Cons
Short breaks
Fair place to work
Deli/Bakery Manager (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 17, 2018
Fair place to work, but culture is changing. Much more bottom line oriented than people oriented as has beenm in the pass. Mgmt now prefers to dictate than discuss as in the past. Family feeling is disappearing
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDNovember 16, 2018
Very good place to work. The staff and management treat you like family. Very upbeat atmosphere. Great employers and managers. Flexible schedules. Advancement opportunities.
Depends on who you’re working with.
CASHIER/STOCK (Former Employee) –  Mint Hill, NCNovember 16, 2018
I worked at food lion for over a year and when my manager that hired me quit the new managers started cutting my hours. It’s an okay place to work but be cautious as to what you do.
Food Lion
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Norlina, NCNovember 15, 2018
Food Lion was a great place to work at. A typical work day consist of clocking in and getting straight to work my boss was really nice and I had to clean my work area and manage the customers to make sure they had a great shopping experience. Told them about the coupons available when they used their MVP card. I learned how to deal with difficult customers and difficult team members. The hardest part about the job is making sure everybody gets out in a timely fashion. I enjoyed working at Food Lion for many reason but my most enjoyable moment is when this elderly lady come in and tell me all about her life while I'm checking her out.
Good Managers
Bakery/Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  East Ridge, TNNovember 15, 2018
FoodLion has Great Managers, some are push overs, so that makes it hard on the good workers, but having good managers is the only reason i have stayed so far
Pros
Good Managers
Cons
Low pay, no benefits, lazy workers that get away with it
Fun place to work with friendly and helpful staff.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cramerton, NCNovember 15, 2018
So far I have enjoyed working at Food Lion. The staff are friendly and helpful. The management is very professional and patience with the new employees. They have been very understanding and flexible with my work schedule.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Dress code
Food lion, great company
Cashier / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Portland, TNNovember 15, 2018
Food lion is a great store to work for, consistently very busy, I got a long with everyone, friendly with the customers, I enjoyed the customers the best. Management was great to me, never had any issues. I would say the hardest would be learning the different systems then what I'm used too.
Pros
pro's great company to work for
Cons
con's would be that I need to more hours
Good people
Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Leonardtown, MDNovember 15, 2018
Pros , wonderful people to work with all good people.

Cons , companies policies , no advancement , impossible to get full time unless you are management , company do not care about employees.

Not a good place to think about the future , all the company cares about is to cut hours but the job has to be done anyways.
fun group to work with
Front Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Vonore, TNNovember 15, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Food Lion, and could not have asked for a nicer group of people to work with. Customers are friendly and the management is fair to their coworkers.
Solid part-time job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Rock Hill, SCNovember 15, 2018
Relaxed and laid back. As long as your responsibilites are taken care of, the managers are friendly and respectful. I learned cashier/cash register skills, gathering shopping carts, etc.
Average place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCNovember 14, 2018
Benefits have been halved over the last few years. Growth is stagnant. You can get promoted only if you are chosen, not about work results.
Company will be in trouble in the 20's due to bad decisions today.
Pros
Work closely with good team
Cons
Short sighted leadership
not good
Stocker/Cashier/Customer Service/deli (Former Employee) –  Rural Hall, NCNovember 14, 2018
Under appreciated. Promises to me where not keep. Shifts were not the same to mixed up for me. Management was very poor. To much drama from younger employees. Way too much he said she said gossip.
I love my job
Customer Service/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 14, 2018
Love people, the customers are like family. Exciting days...i dont have bad days in foodlion. Its fun and the workers are fun its where you can be yourself and in a bright professional setting
Great work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glen Raven, NCNovember 13, 2018
Absolutely loved the environment
Would want to work again for them
Best place I ever worked at
Constantly busy
Great interaction with costumers
Organized
Fake an gossipy men an women
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 13, 2018
Everybody wanna be the boss there. Nobody knows how to play their role, an mind their business. It’s favoritisms, snaking, an Lies at the Food Lion I worked at. Not saying this all Food Lions, just one.
Pros
Good pay an wing bar
Cons
Managers, Co workers, customers, unorganized, Uncle toms
Okay company, not the best
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GANovember 12, 2018
I love most of the employees I currently work with. Great job for those just coming out of high school, and those finding part time work. There is just not a lot of room to grow with the company.
great review
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 12, 2018
I would recommend for new hires Has a great environment and yo get to enjoy meeting different people of all size shapes and colors., Great fit for high school students
Pros
paid vacations
Cons
no benefits
Varies depending on store, locations and managers.
FT Center Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Kill Devil Hills, NCNovember 12, 2018
Overall a decent place to work, start pay is fairly low but after advancement in the company and yearly appraisals it gets slightly better. Some managers are better than others and store expectations vary depending on location.
Pros
Decent benefits, room to advance and tuition reimbursement options.
Cons
Management is hit and miss, healthcare and other benefits lower take home pay significantly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Lion. Our community is ready to answer.

52K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight