Food Lion Employee Reviews

Found 7,516 reviews matching the search See all 7,529 reviews
Food lion has many employees that don’t show up to work and management does nothing
Food lion To Go (Current Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCJanuary 16, 2019
They constantly hire new people who are Irresponsible and don’t show up for work. They promise you hours yet there aren’t any. I have 3 seperate job titles and get maybe 25 hours a week if I’m lucky
Productive and fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 16, 2019
Food Lion is a good place to work at but at the same time there are a lot of ups and downs about that particular job. To me it depends on which location you apply to.
Its okay
Customer Service Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NCJanuary 16, 2019
A typical day at work. Its okay to work there on most days. Management is sometimes slack. Its pretty stressful on some days. I would recommed it to some people
Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 15, 2019
Helped customers
Friendly customer
Clean bathrooms
Long nights
Must check everyone id to be on the safe side
Rang up items
Great pay
Lots of hours
It’s a great store.. just doesn’t have benefits. Not a long term position. If you seek to find a career here you will not find it...
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lexington, NCJanuary 15, 2019
I love the job and meeting new people but I need a job that is going to support me. This job does not support me outside of work. I do not get any type of benefits.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
No benefits!
Relaxed and Not too stressful
Stocker (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 15, 2019
Work is inconsistent, and not just because of days when trucks come in. Backstock is hardly ever taken care of and all the work one employee neglects is dumped onto another employee. THis situation is made worse when at times the neglectful employee is a superior. Nevertheless, the environment is friendly and some of the employees are very willing to lend a hand.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Short breaks, bad communication
lots of work required with little hours given.
FT Perishable (Current Employee) –  ncJanuary 15, 2019
they expect more work done than the hours they give you to do the work in. some people are ok to work with some are just lazy and in the way and get to keep their jobs for some reason. not really a future in this company their main objectives are to keep cost low as possible and profits high as possible. they find any reason to get rid of top paid associates to lower budgets.
Review
Dairy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Pilot Mountain, NCJanuary 15, 2019
It’s a pretty good place to work, most the people are good to work with. You get to talk to all of the customers. I enjoy that, so overall it’s not a bad job at all.
productive fun days, handling lots of money, learning new departments
Customer Service Representative/cashier/HBA clerk (Former Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 15, 2019
i had to count down registers, do paper work be sure everyone scheduled was at work on time or find a replacement. handling money in the safe, stocking shelves. i really loved cross training, i learned so many different positions in the store
Pros
my own boss
Cons
bored when we were slow so we would clean od course
Terrible management
Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NCJanuary 14, 2019
Management is incompetent. This could be a good place to work if they cared at all about their employees. I would not recommend working for this company unless you really need a job.
A good company to work for
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 14, 2019
I liked working at Food Lion. Their management team is good. They take time to educate you on different things you need for the job. It's very good for teaching safety tips. I would enjoy working for them if they had more opportunities for advancement.
Great Job Great Pay
STOCKER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJanuary 13, 2019
Fast stocking environment with great management. Hours are wonderful and can be expanded. Lunch breaks were allowed and teamwork is superb! Ability to move up
Pros
Pay
Cons
vacation
Working for foodlion
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  China Grove, NCJanuary 13, 2019
My job at food lion was part time, my time there was fast paced. It was a good environment to work in. They were understanding and would work well with any changes you needed to your schedule.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Tedious
many tasks
BAKERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 13, 2019
decorate cakes made breakfast and lunch sliced meats in deli out away truck items wait on customers filled the floor cooked chicken etc filled up all the cases with cakes and deserts out away supplies and stock
Pros
good starting pay
Cons
too many task for one individual
Sorted and stocked merchandise
Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28205January 12, 2019
The pay is low according to standard of living and because it is a temporary job, there is no benefit of any kind. There is no paid break, and the work hours are uncertaintay.
Productive, efficient, fun place to work
Customer Service & Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NCJanuary 12, 2019
You usually know what you have to do when you get to work. After you complete your work, you are done and help others in the store to get their work completed, then you can go home. The most important thing I learned from working at Food Lion is about teamwork! Management is supportive and gives feedback. The workplace culture is positive and promotes teamwork.
Pros
Everyone works together
Cons
Long hours on your feet
Terrible management
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, VAJanuary 11, 2019
Management is on you all the time for the smallest things. Trying to make it sound like their in the right and your in the wrong when your just trying to do your job. Those that work hard are told their terrible and those tht dont work at all are left to do their own thing because no one wants to deal with them.
Only decent thing is the pay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, VAJanuary 11, 2019
I got paid a good amount for the work I was doing. I can only speak for the front end, but many coworkers are lazy and just walk around the store and talk. Management pick and choose who they let do this, they give certain people 30+ hours a week to just come in and waste time, but give hard working employees no hours. Management views employees as objects instead of assests. Clientele is not bad however, as a matter of fact many regular customers to this store are polite people.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A fun, fast paced working environment
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staunton, VAJanuary 11, 2019
Food Lion is generally a great place to work. It's fast paced most days & you really get to know your customers on a personal level. Cross training in other departments is a great way to earn extra hours.
Pros
Fast paced & generally friendly
Cons
Some managers due tend to have unprofessional favortism.
Seefood manager
Seafood Manager (Former Employee) –  Corolla, NCJanuary 11, 2019
Working on the beach with unlimited OT. Long hours, rude customers. Very stressful, hours are cut to minimum during the winter months. Very expensive accommodation, has to commute at least 40 min.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Lion. Our community is ready to answer.

52K

2.3InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight