Food Lion Employee Reviews

Relaxed environment
Center Store (Grocery) Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 22, 2018
Stocking (Grocery) is a relaxed position. Daily tasks are routine though sizes of incomming orders may vary acvording to demand of products. It is a self motivating position and good for entry level into warehouse work.
Overall not a bad job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 22, 2018
we have to pull pallets off the truck then load salvage And normal it two of us to unload 24-22 pallets then would have to load 18–20 pallets of salvage then break all the pallets down then run them on the floor then after all feight is put up we would have to condition the whole store
Pros
Cons
Short breaks and they would cut hours a lot
Unsatisfactory
Front End Associate (cashier) (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23320July 22, 2018
Scheduling not what's originally stated, usually one day instead of 2-3 that was originally discussed. Never know what day you would be scheduled for. New associates appear to have preference.
Decent College Job
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2018
Decent amount of income for a college or high school student. The job is not stressful. The managers were critical on managing the way store shelves looked. To the point I began to hate my job.
It’s a very good job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Butner, NCJuly 21, 2018
It’s a very good job and I would recommend that people work at foodlion distribution cause the have very good benfits and the hours that you work are really worth the money
Great place. Job security was fantastic.
Produce Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albemarle, NCJuly 21, 2018
Great place to work if your in high school or just starting out and need something to do but if you stick with it after a while you can work your way up.
Pros
Got to work with people all the time and talk.
Cons
Was kept inside most of the time
Working here was difficult
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Centreville, MDJuly 20, 2018
A typical day consisted of working the register and talking to customers. Cleaning during free time.
I learned how to talk just enough to be friendly but not too much to be annoying.
Management was okay, some of them weren't paid enough.
Hardest part was some of the managers and being called in even when I was at school. Most enjoyable part was interacting with people.
friendly environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJuly 20, 2018
Good place to work as a first job. I started as a cashier but was trained in other departments as well so I could cover for other people if I needed to.
fun at the workplace
Butcher/Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Altavista, VAJuly 20, 2018
If the truck comes late just know you have a busy day ahead of you. The company is a good company to shop at , they make you feel loved as one of their on.
Very productive
Janitor/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Colonial Heights, VAJuly 20, 2018
Very kept up and managers do job well. Wish they payed more and gave more hours but they have a lot of workers so it’s hard. Hours get tight and that’s not a good thing.
Pros
No pros
Cons
No discounts
Quick paced but fun
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Whiteville, NCJuly 20, 2018
I would start by taking out the trash. I learned new thing all the time. The management were good people to work for and easy to get along with. It was a good company to work for. The hardest part of the job was taking out the trash. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to interact with the other employee's and customers.
It was okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJuly 20, 2018
They need to do something about today's management. It seems like the one I used to work at is going downhill. I wouldn't recommend anyone working at that store
fun and friendly customer care
CUSTOMER LEAD (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 19, 2018
Food Lion is A fast upbeat friendley place to work. The customers are what makes the job the most enjoyable. When I display excellent customer service they come back and spend more money.
High School Work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 19, 2018
Working there in while in high school just passing time until I went off to the military. The management was good having to deal with teenagers. The hardest part was working the express line during the rush.
Not the best
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJuly 18, 2018
A typical day consists of ringing up customers along with constant rule changes being made by management.
I learned that to be an effective manager you too must be flexible and understanding when dealing with employees.
The hardest part of the job is the influx of customers at random times.
Pros
Cons
No Benefits
A good place to start
Customer Service Office Associate (Former Employee) –  Orange, VAJuly 18, 2018
If you are looking for a place to hone skills and obtain more then this is a good place. It can be hard and stressful especially when there is lack of help. The management is always there when you need them.
Positive work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bridgeville, DEJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed food lion I just wish I could have gotten payed more like the pay doesn’t equal to the work. Working there really helped me with my social skills and I needed that. I loved everyone I worked with such a good group or people.
Pros
Meeting wonderful people
Cons
Pay wasn’t enough
Work Elsewhere
Office Assistant/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 18, 2018
From my experience, Food Lion has terrible management. It's not the worse job, but they don't treat as a valued employee. You're treated like property of the company, not as human with a life outside of work.
Fantastic Job Invroment
Front End Associate (Current Employee) –  100 College Station Dr, Brevard, NC 28712July 18, 2018
I've been working at Food Lion for about 6 months now at the time of this review and I'd have to say this is my second favorite job I've had. The people are fantastic with the right amount of strict and playful that makes going through a shift quite enjoyable. Of course, in any job, you'll deal with a bad customer or work but the people and the environment of Food Lion made it worth it!
Pros
Flexible hours for students, understanding management, good workers, good customers
Cons
might be called in when you have a day off
Relaxed
Asst. Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Surfside Beach, SCJuly 18, 2018
Learn about the fundamentals about running a smooth, efficient department. Getting produce stocked fully and correctly. Checking dates and also bad product; to make sure Customers get the best possible items. Hardest part of produce is keeping up with production, Keeping items straight, and organized. Management is all about keeping numbers and inventory in safe regulations, Keeping up with dates of each item, Scheduling, also many different price Changes that occur not only weekly but also daily. The most Enjoyable part of working in a Grocery Store is the Environment, Customers, and other associates that work as a team to keep things running smoothly throughout the day and evenings.
Pros
Safe Work Place
Cons
Pay Scale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Lion. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K

2.3

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight