Food Lion Employee Reviews

Very stressful
Cashier/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thomasville, NCSeptember 18, 2018
A typical work day is very stressful and could change at any moment when its slow you can loose hours, when its fast paced you could be work double shifts,
Good entry level job
Office assistant (Former Employee) –  New Market, MDSeptember 18, 2018
Worked there during my high school and college days. If you are completely inadequate, they tend to promote you quickly. Recommend if you have and outgoing personality
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 18, 2018
Working at Food Lion was very productive and fast paced work. Customer satisfaction to ringing up customers items quickly and being polite. Always worked well with others and meeting new people everyday.
Pros
not far from home
Cons
less hours
food lion
Order Selector & Dock Loader (Former Employee) –  Dunn, NCSeptember 18, 2018
One of the most physical demanding jobs a person can have. You gotta be in great shape to keep this job. driving the pallet jack is the best part of this job.
Pros
free lockers
Cons
schedule
fast paced, every man for themselves.
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCSeptember 18, 2018
Assisting customers with their groceries. Identifying customers who were buying tobacco and alcoholic products. I learned that working here you should be very open minded and patient. I was not too fond of the management team for so many reasons, that I will not go into. The culture was very fast paced, employees talked about each other on headsets, managers will try to make you do something to punish you and get a laugh out of it. The hardest part of the job was remaining calm when things were wrongly being done to you and no one would stand up for you.
Pros
n/a they keep waters in the fridge for us sometimes if the pack was broken or opened
Cons
management
Busy, unorganized, but always friendly
Dairy department manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 18, 2018
I worked at three different food lions and enjoyed working at all of them. Each one was very different to work at. I would work there again if they would hire me full time instead of never knowing my hours.
Slow paced, great job for extra money
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 17, 2018
Management could be better, wasn't very informative on company policies. Place was clean and well kept. Would work there again. Co-workers were shy and minded their own business.
Pros
Clam, clean store
Cons
Not the friendliest co-workers
Fast paced, Great people
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Elgin, SCSeptember 17, 2018
I loved working with the public. I had to leave due to not enough hours to support my family. I would recommend school and college kids to work here. I would still be there if I was a full time with 40 hours per week.
Pros
Great People
Cons
not enough hours
Food lion
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 17, 2018
It was a nice job it taught me a lot about interacting with people that I did not know, and it also help me with my shopping going to the grocery store.
repetitive and nonstop
Quality Assurance Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCSeptember 17, 2018
a typical day repetitive and nonstop
I learned how to clean and stock shelves
management was good
the hardest part was keeping a good pace between work and helping customers
and most enjoyable was meeting new people
Pros
meeting new people and they provided the uniform
Cons
not enough hours
very productive
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 17, 2018
Food lion is a very productive work place, The entire time you are there, you re working. They want you to work fast and efficient depending on how many people work there at the moment
If you can deal with it
Grocery Associate (Former Employee) –  South Carolina, North CarolinaSeptember 17, 2018
Some to most managers are nice and try and make it worth it to work under them in this company. Most the time, you cant get the chance to advance, without kissing butt. Hardworkers mean nothing to this company. However, if you're good at finding loop holes on how not do your job and how to still keep your job, you will love it. No help at all from anyone. Lack of communication. Lack of care for employees.
Pros
It helped paid my bills
Cons
Short breaks, no help from others, no one does their job, you have to work your butt off to try and save vacation time, doesnt accept doctors notes
Fair workplace with varying levels of satisfaction.
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Reidsville, NCSeptember 17, 2018
My time with the company has had ups and downs that are in few ways indicative of the company as a whole. What is prevalent at one store may not be at another and your experience can therefore change.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and a safe enviroment
Cons
Non uniform hours and pay
fun
Blocker (Current Employee) –  Roanoke Rapids, NCSeptember 17, 2018
good job with good management, very easy going as long as you were willing to do your job correctly. If you are hardworking, one will be fine at this place of business
Excellent place to work!!
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 17, 2018
I'd reccomend working here. Room for quick advancement. Excellent benefits and perks. Team players. Food Lion was very family oriented and always took that into consideration when needing time off.
it was fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kearneysville, WVSeptember 17, 2018
it was a good job , but management was horrible. A typical day at work consisted of dealing with customers and making them happy even if they were wrong. Customers are always right.
Pros
only got discounts
Cons
short breakdowns
Waste of time
Grocery Associate (Current Employee) –  Millsboro, DESeptember 17, 2018
No one that works there wants to be there and you can tell because if you like to work hard and be the best you can be everyone will just end up leaving everything unfinished and you’ll end up working way harder for nothing.
Mangement needs training of their own
Meat and Seafood Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCSeptember 16, 2018
I came to work every day with a good attitude and was always ready to work. I expected to be treated with respect as I do others. Wrong never been disrespected that much in my life by a manager. Maybe I wasnt perfect in every little thing i did but who is? Worked in a Mcdonalds drive thru and was never spoken to that way. Hope they make some improvements. I dont come to work to be talked to like an animal. Five years Ive seen all I want to see.
Pros
Friendly customers, benefits
Cons
Poor management styles, no flexibility, unnecessary rudeness.
Bad management
Deli Associate (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCSeptember 16, 2018
The manager at the time didn't really do anything. It was left up to the assistant manager who taught me everything. The head manager would leave early leaving everything to be done by everyone else.
Flexible Schedule
Customer Lead (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27604September 16, 2018
I worked for this company for almost 7 years and have seen so many changes, good and bad. There are always managers moving in and out. I provided customer assistance and support to customers when needed. Pay barely increased annually..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Lion. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K

2.3

2.0Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight