Food Manufacturing Employee Reviews

produtive and understanding
Lead Supervisor of Dryer Team (Former Employee) –  Whitehall, WIDecember 11, 2018
trained laborer fork lift pallet jack I also farmed during all my jobs I am hard working and very respectful can work alone or as a team I look forword to hearing from u
I thrive in this business
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Biscoe, NCOctober 20, 2018
Its a fast paced environment that requires quick thinking and a good understanding of your surroundings. I thrive in this environment and enjoy the challenges it presents.
Pros
Good pay good people
Cons
hours can be difficult
Very productive, lots of employees mostly very good people.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 18, 2018
Start up, making sure everything is ready for employee to start working. Normally this was done 30 minutes prior to employees start time by production leads and maintenance mechanics. Then stay productive and try to hit company productions goals. Learned a lot of production improvement methods by way of group meetings with leads and employees. There was a lot of discipline in the work culture because of the fact that we were producing food for the general public and that responsibility was huge in its self. Most difficult part was to work in a wet and cold environment, machines kept having problems due to moisture. But the most fun was working with all the employees who were always having celebrations and pot lucks when it came to some ones birthday.
Pros
Very good place to learn automation and new technoogy
Cons
Hard for food manufacturing to make a profit due to CA compliance agency EPA, Osha, Fda, etc.
Fun
Captain/Server (Former Employee) –  Athens, GADecember 13, 2017
Great job poor management great skills very motivating great people good work ethic fast paced I like working in the back cooking and getting to know the store
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Breaks
Not a place to work
Kitchen worker (Former Employee) –  Columbus Junction, IANovember 9, 2017
Hard work low pay and hard to work with the people there.
Did advance to the highest pay and job title possible. The best boss ever. Do not work there.
You would be surprise what goes into your food
Hostess Brands (Former Employee) –  Emporia, KSAugust 6, 2017
Fast pace work environment with lots of daily changes, must be able to deal with stress and be at the mercy of machinery, long hours, work weekends, most holidays, being on call at very short notice
Bit off more than they could chew...
Advantage Business Media, Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockaway, NJJuly 11, 2017
Your day to day managers are excellent but senior management rushed to swing the company from a publishing - marketing company to quickly hurting the ability of the ad sales team's ability to sell ads( I know this was hurting already.) Thus allowing the Sales people to convert those Clients to the new company model of Marketing - Publisher selling leads created through the Publishing Business. Now after 3 + rounds of layoffs they are sailing a ship of cards waiting for everything to collapse on it self.
Pros
Employees
The environment is very pleasant.
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAJuly 18, 2015
Basically you monitor process in a office setting and you troubleshoot accordingly,and if you can't fix it call right resource and tell them what you want done,or what's going wrong.
Pros
we have team builders such as basketball games, softball games, and bowling.
Cons
benefits could be better, .
ok job
Perdue Farms Cook Plant (Former Employee) –  Perry, GAApril 13, 2015
great place, great bosses, love everything about the job. Never a dull moment, if you like drama, They could use more eye candy.
skinnig deer
Line worker (Former Employee) –  wiMarch 3, 2014
I worked at north woods for a couple months only for the gun season I skinned the deer and cut them up.
Pros
very nice workers
Cons
short breaks
Dosnt pay very well.
Maintenance Lead (Current Employee) –  Wilson, ARMarch 30, 2012
Overall not a bad place to work but dosnt pay very well. We make gelatin, pudding and gram cracker pie crust. You will get very dirty from all of the mix that is on the equipment. It is a very laid back environment most of the time and a lot of over time during the holidays.