Food Safety Net Services Employee Reviews

Only Work Here If You NEED a Job
Path Lab Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 17, 2019
Please, only accept a position here if you NEED a job. If you are using a position here as a stepping stone, a lot of job duties will not translate well on a resume. If you are looking for something to build a career upon in this position, it will not suit you unless you are the greatest of butt-kissers and become friends with anyone in management outside of work. The turnover rate in many positions is high, which may lead to upward potential. However, do not expect to be paid accordingly for taking a higher position. Management is very concerned with appearing competent to their VP of Operations and at no pause will throw their team "under the bus" if anything goes wrong with management-lead projects. Management also favors those who are "tight" with them outside of work. If you choose to be employed here, you will see a lot of favorites of management not completing their job duties and the team, and often you, being reprimanded for it. Those friends of management are also given the best shifts, and never rotate. Yes, expect to work rotating shifts. You may get to work 9-6, or work 3pm-until whenever the work is finished (sometimes 6 or 7am). In my experience, direct management doesn't know the technical process of how things operate and only exists to facilitate client contact. Overall, I would not again choose to work here, and only recommend so if you desperately need a job.
Pros
Christmas bonus
Cons
Everything else
Gives you experience to get in the door but that's it.
MicroTechnician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2019
The company does not care about it's employees in any way shape or form. They do not care to pay competitively for the amount of work. You will most likely not get either weekend day off and have to work evenings. Expect overtime, at times we stayed 3-4 hours over every day. Management is mostly a joke and unhelpful with little training provided when you start. Don't care to promote in any reasonable amount of time or help you achieve your promotion goals.
Pros
Gets you into a lab without any previous experience
Cons
low pay, awkward hours, less than ideal days off, overtime, no appreciation.
Official response from Food Safety Net Services
January 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. It is unfortunate to hear of your concerns. We do care for our employees as well as the customers we serve. We offer a variety of training programs as well as tuition reimbursement to help our employees grow their career with FSNS. Our customers demand service 24/7 and therefore we offer a variety of shifts which sometimes means overtime. I thank you for giving me the opportunity to work with the management team to improve and create a culture where everyone is appreciated. Feel free to contact me directly - Bob Cox - SVP Human Resources

Mgmt is horrible
Lab (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Employees get frustrated becaus lazy peple get what they want for example theirs alot of lazy workers who do nothing and work the bare minimum, but yet get rewarded in the best ways. we dont have the best management team there is only one of the mansgement who actually does anything in the lab, the others are lazy as can be include the supervisors of pathogen
Pros
There are good and bads times at fsns
Cons
Helathcare is horrible
Official response from Food Safety Net Services
January 16, 2019

I am here at the Amarillo lab today and tomorrow. Please take the time to visit with me to further discuss. Thank you, Bob Cox - SVP HR.

Tough job not for everyone but very rewarding
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 9, 2018
The lab in Amarillo is tough working hours as it is a 24 hour lab, however it has its benefits and rewards as long as you keep up a positive attitude. Food Safety Net Services has been very good to me and am grateful for the opportunity to have been able to work there.
Pros
Holiday parties and yearly bonuses
Cons
Long working days from time to time
Great Place to work Great People
SVP HR (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
Great place to work, dedicated employees - people who care about what they do. The customer is at the center of it all. Great opportunities for training and development, tuition reimbursement, ability to grow and have a great career.
A good team to work with
Management (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 10, 2018
The location I work at is great! I have a team who values what we do as a company and is always looking for ways to improve things. I have developed strong lasting relationships and believe in our mission to be a "trusted and responsive food safety partner".
Competitive 3rd Party Lab
Manager (Current Employee) –  DFW, TXOctober 10, 2018
Great place to work. Fast paced and allows you to learn quickly a wide array of assays. Experiences available that can truly help your career down the line.
Pros
Training, Benefits, Free Food
Cons
Long Hours
Good place to gain experience
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Work load is high but one hand doesn't what the other one is doing. makes it hard to coordinate anything substantial. Bottom line matters a lot more than employee happiness.
Minimally staffed company with emphasize on fast turn around
Microbiology Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2018
This company has provided a way to make ends meet and if you're fresh out of college, you'll probably be able to find work here because they're continuously cycling through staff. The hours are long because the company is minimally staffed, and will typically be very late. The pay is lower tiered, and the primary focus here is to have fast turn around. That often comes at the expense of the quality of tests. Very outdated software system and will virtually handwrite everything on paper, then transcribe that to a computer system. Half of the day is spent on paperwork at this company and they refuse to upgrade the inefficient system.
The staff on the technician level are friendly and is probably the only positive aspect about the company. With that being said, undereducated and poor performing staff members will be promoted because of the contacts and favoritism shown. The focus here is fast turn around and have feasible deniability when that comes at the expense of quality.
I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone that has the means and time to apply somewhere else.
Pros
Positions Always Available
Cons
Underpaid, minimum staff, lack of effective training, outdated software, overall negative perception / mentality company wide
Demanding job with demanding hours
Senior Micro Technician (Current Employee) –  Commerce, CAJune 19, 2018
Fun environment and workers, but management does not listen to the lower level workers. Long days and long hours. You learn a lot, but management asks for a lot making people feel under appreciated.
Fair
Product Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMay 28, 2018
The place was okay. The staff was nice. The workload wasn't worth the pay though. Sometimes there wasn't enough to do. I felt I was trained well for the position.
Long hours and lot of work
Data Entry Technician (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMay 24, 2018
Love the people at this job but the hours were long and they really drag on. It takes forever to get promoted into a higher paying position and even then the pay isn’t always that great. They expect salaried positions to work so much that it isn’t even worth it.
Terrible management
Tech (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 25, 2018
You will learn a lot. However, management is all about you putting hours no matter what. You will be underpaid and your schedule will be horrible, you have to be at least 3 years in the company to get a nice schedule which will always include weekends. I feel that there is no opportunity for advancement and management will always hand pick whoever they want to promote.
Keine
Marketing Manager for North America (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2018
Keine Work Life Balance. Versprechungen wuerde nicht durch gefuert.
Pros
Liebe Kolleginen
Cons
Kein gehaltserhoehung
Great boss
Currier (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 13, 2018
Loved my supervisor, lead, and boss. Pretty chill. Drug test quarterly. relaxing job. great if you ve discovered audible. Normal office drama but nothing major
Pros
Easy job
My review
Laboratory Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Commerce, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Excellent company to work for whether you are entry level or very experienced. Good company culture with a strong training program and opportunity for growth and advancement.
great involvement
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIDecember 20, 2017
Great place to work and co-workers was great. Steady work and hard work but it was fair to all workers. It is sometimes hard and heavy work but there are day you relax as well.
Pros
Great cookouts and great party for holidays
Cons
Sometimes heavy and hard work
Good place for experience and connections!
Lab Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2017
There is always work at FSNS and it never runs out which is good! It keeps you busy and the management staff is really flexible with your schedule. At food safety you will for sure get good experience and the people there are amazing!
Pros
Free lunches sometimes and break room always has donuts
Cons
donuts get you fat
Lack of training
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 30, 2017
There should have been much more training for the role I was in and the pay is below average for similar companies and roles. However, the benefits are great and the President of the company is great to work for
Pros
I loved my work and the people I spoke with every day.
Cons
lack of training versus the expectation
Not good working environment.
Microbiologist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 15, 2017
Manager and supervisor are not open-minded people. Pay low rate but more works and time efforts requested. More and more technicians left this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Safety Net Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9