Food Services of America Employee Reviews

Not a good environment
Diesel Mechanic Helper (Current Employee) –  Everett, WAMay 12, 2019
This place needs more thorough communication especially for new hires.

Upper management seems to be more worried about what's gonna happen to their position when things changes instead of communicating with you if something needs to be discussed .
I enjoyed taking people orders but disliked the employees work attitude
McDonalds (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 11, 2019
A typical day at work was the employees nor getting along and having attitudes with their customers. The hardest part of my job was trying to maintain a good attitude all day. Something that I enjoyed about this job is talking to the customers and apologizing for others behavior.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Good fun
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, WAApril 24, 2019
I loved working at FSI.
Had to leave because of bad business practices the city of Mount Vernon has with perspective customers. And the many overpaid,overhead still on the payroll that cant see past there own gut. Sorry, truth hurts sometimes.
Love FSI Inc.
Demanding physically with unsupportive management
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 16, 2019
Typical day 8+ hours with one break and an unpaid lunch. Heavy to Moderate lifting over the shoulder 40+lbs constantly.

Very Very High Turnover. Saturdays off but second day is rotating. Job is competitive between employees. Job is paid $5.90 cents per hour plus piece count of $0.03. "cherry picking"/"short cutting"/ are required to make a decent wage.

Management is not concerned with improving quality of life, complaints, or the health of employees.

Direct Management is only concerned with the numbers and productivity reports that they report to Upper Management. Unapproachable and when probed or asked for training they will tell you "work harder" to meet the unrealistic and the unsafe working quotas.
Pros
Always Hiring, Overtime
Cons
Rotating days off, Unrealistic Quotas, Poor Management
Very productive, and great workplace, enjoy every minute of this compay on the clock
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDApril 15, 2019
It's a demanding hardworking type of job, got to put your head down and lay down the grind, always moving at a good pace, you will work for your money, and will be recognized for your hardwork, plenty of laughs and fun times despite the demands, love this place
Pros
Food provided during meetings, good discounts
Cons
By yourself on your own routes
I loved the work there
customer service, cleaning and sanitizing (Former Employee) –  Milwaukie, ORApril 11, 2019
I liked this place I feel like most people would like to work there the employees were easy to work with and they were very help full to same with the manager
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Short Breaks
Food Services of America, Corporate I.T.
Enterprise Hardware Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 8, 2019
Heavy turnover at the management level. I had three managers in as many years. Most recent manager was not a good fit. The company overall is excellent and an honor to have worked for.
Relaxed
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 7, 2019
Very welcoming, good communication, and slow paced in some concepts. The management is easy to work with. The pay is not great but the location is very convenient for students.
I never worked here
Server (Former Employee) –  Newburgh, NYApril 6, 2019
I never worked here. When I put in the answer for my previous employment, I mentioned that it was in the food industry, but I never selected this company.
Pros
I don’t know
Cons
I don’t know
Great environment. Strong core values.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTApril 2, 2019
I enjoy working with the great people here. There is always a welcoming feeling, and great work ethic. Everyone works as a team and takes care of the customer.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Wages
The job was a fast pace enviorment and rarley had breaks.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 27, 2019
I learned how to drive a forklift do inventory work and work with others in a good enviorment.i learned the rotation of food items and also how to check MSDS codes on mixing chemicals.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
great culture and good support
District Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 27, 2019
great privately held company, does alot of training with sales promos with good money incentive. dont micro manage. customer retention can be challenging because of pricing. like the flexibility.
Good pay but sort of a trojan horse.
Order Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 25, 2019
Honestly if you are looking for something to keep you occupied for 6 months then this is perfect but once you are hired you are in a "6 month probation" which was not explicitly stated anywhere in the job description. You are expected to pay Union dues even though you receive no protection or benefits from the Union. Management also has a sort of cold approach to new hires. I guess they think if they are rude at the start it will somehow "harden" or "toughen up" new hires. You are told conflicting information from fellow employees on company practices, policies etc.
Pros
Pay is great and if you make it to your 6 months you will receive benefits
Cons
Graveyard shifts, long hours, no job security in the beginning, management is sorta rude to new hires
you get to see good food
AZ. -Driver (Former Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 20, 2019
you see that theirs a lot of food for everyone a always like a challenge i look for challenges that will challenge mi brain and maid work can be fun that t is the right thing
Pros
good food
Cons
to much food
Okay
District Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 18, 2019
Decent company. Not enough help achieving goals. Existing customers valued below new business. Management often does not communicate well. Good product lines and facilities.
Was very laid-back until manager switched
McAlister's Deli (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 18, 2019
Was very laid-back until manager switched and then he became very not understanding of schooling situations and homing problems just became very rude about things
great working there
Sonic Drive In (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 12, 2019
Sonic was a great job for me when I was in high school it helped me having something to do afterschool and on the weekend without getting in trouble and keeping money in my pockets.
Pros
half off on lunch
Cons
shoert breaks
Very fast paced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMarch 11, 2019
I enjoyed my job here it was fast paced everyone was friendly and very helpful. I did price changes and over rides they went above and beyond to help in anyway they could
Pros
Pay base on exp
Cons
Not enough hours
Typical work day
Order Selector, Janitor, Driver (Former Employee) –  Woodburn, ORMarch 9, 2019
The work was at times difficult due to time constraints. Product needs to be picked and loaded on time so drivers are able to make delivery appointment windows. Cleaning the warehouse could be a challenge from time to time. Delivering to customers could be challenging due to some locations.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Union Representation throught Teamsters local 324
Cons
time constraints.
It was a family orientated production to work for.
Customer Service RepresentativeM (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 7, 2019
Overall I feel that Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center should give more per diem hour to some of their former employees that were awesome worker's.

Sometime the work could be very overwhelming when there's short staff. The managers are very fair to all employees most of the time.

For the most part their very flexible.
Pros
They offered free lunch
Cons
Lunch breaks are to short

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Food Services of America. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight