Fooda Employee Reviews

Work comes home with you
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2019
My particular team was great, but the environment is very chaotic, and unorganized. Many things were put on me last minute, and at least two nights a week I would work 12 hours.
Sucks
Business Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 21, 2019
Sucks more when i was sick they fired me. I had a mental break down. working was fun i would not recommend anyone to work her the pay isnt much. you have to be there . fro3 years to pick a body of work.
Pros
lunch
Cons
no directi9on
Very productive and organized job
Catering Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 11, 2018
Fooda is an established brand with great reviews. Working for Fooda is both fun and full of opportunities to gain experience. The hierarchy is a lottle mirco managed but it is necessary to maintain the postive brand recognition.
Pros
Free lunch and short days
Cons
Micro managed and slow shifts with very little to do
Fooda Review
Catering Event Planner (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 26, 2018
I only work part-time for Fooda, but in the year that I have been on board with the organization, I have enjoyed my time. I see both sides of Fooda's operation, pop-up and catering. There is a lot of competition in the catering business so it is hard sometimes to keep clients on board for long periods of time. I've seen a few clients leave in my year at the company, but overall I think it is a great place to work and is managed very well.
Pros
Free lunch
great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 12, 2018
I loved working for fooda, the best part was dealing with new people everyday and new faces. I loved that the job was fast pace work, and free meals and samples are included in your shift.
Laid back environment, but fulfilling and fun work
Part-time Popup Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 10, 2018
My job was to check on vendors each day at various locations and help as needed. It was different every day, so it never got boring, and I got to meet new people all the time. All of my managers/coworkers were so relaxed, fun, and encouraging. The only reason I had to leave was due to my conflicting school schedule at the time. I would highly recommend the company.
Great Workplace culture
Dining Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2017
Startup company that shows you how to take ownership. Great team atmosphere and always learning on how to get ahead a demanding food business. Very innovative technology.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
More Communication
Good Place
Catering Coordinator @ Linked (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 24, 2017
It was a promised challenge and it was welcomed. Management was great with a great time to follow. everyday was a different experience and challenge and we at fooda thrived thru it.
Pros
View
Cons
Temp
Decent part time job
Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
Not a lot of room for growth. They hire based on seniority still and not skill sets. Sales team is the only employees that are taken care of for compensation or benefits. Still a start up with a lack of direction
Pros
free lunches
Cons
nothing is expensed
Great place to work and make a difference in the food space
BDM (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Great culture and place to be, awesome team and the company is doing big things. All mangers are solid and the culture is second to none. Fooda is always growing and you can't beat all the great food you get to eat all week long.
Pros
$5 subsidy for lunch 5 days a week
Cons
n/a
Love the opportunity
Delivery Courier (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2017
such an awesome working environment! easy to catch on, management is so patient and helpful! this opportunity was so perfect . im able to have a flexible work schedule, earn extra money, and still live my life!
Delivery specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 19, 2017
Fooda was a simple part-time job to make extra income at first it was simple to make $200 a week but then the pay decreased by $50 and the work load increased.
Pros
Work was only 2hrs
Cons
Pay rate wasnt worth the time of performing the job anymore
Fun and Unique Work Enviroment!! plus Free food!!
Pop-Up Event Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 26, 2017
typical day at work ends around 3pm

the work place environment is fast paced

management is great and always there for you

hardest part of the job is making room for all of the free food you get to try!

most enjoyable part of the job is being on your own managing vendor and keeping a close relationship with the clients!
Pros
Free Lunch
mostly rounties
Dining Associate / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 26, 2017
Fooda has an amazing idea for bringing in food from places popular and exclusive. They provide free lunches and they also don't have a limit on vacation days.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2015
I loved working for Fooda and everyday was enjoyable. My team was great and everyone worked hard to finish in a timely fashion.
OK Company Low Pay
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Chicago ILMarch 12, 2015
Company paid really low and the interview process was horrible. The person that interviewed me was very young and did not conduct a good interview. It seems he felt intimiadated.
Pros
Startup
Cons
Low Pay
Start-up feel... and taste
Market Operations (Current Employee) –  ChicagoJanuary 5, 2015
Fooda is a start-up company in every way, shape and form. But the company is building fast and furiously, which means they have support behind the scenes and their products are moving the needle inside the food industry.

Culture wise, it is an evolving start-up, it has the feel and taste, but is pushing to another level, slowly establishing itself in an ever growing market.

Management is methodical, making changes to better the product, not to simply alter the environment; there is always an end goal or mission in mind.

You'll learn everyday, you'll be challenged everyday and you'll go home every night rearing to go for the next day.
Pros
Benefits; Autonomy; Responsibility; Start-up culture; Key decision making
Cons
Tight deadlines; Around the clock changes; Can easily get stuck if you don't adapt to quick change
Fun startup takes work seriously
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2014
Fun restaurant-focused startup with diverse, smart and interesting co-workers. People work hard and take the work seriously, which makes it worthwhile to put in the extra effort. Management team is strong and very accessible.
Pros
Great people, interesting challenges to help solve
Cons
Some teams lack headcount, don't always meet project deadlines
Progressive work environment with constant changes in strategy.
Market Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 2, 2014
Solid role with lots of bandwidth but little control over hiring and personnel decisions in conjunction with growth periods.
Great Hours, Great Pay
Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 23, 2014
A friend of mine recommended the job to me after he was hired and I really wish that I would have jumped on it sooner. You only work about an hour-hour and a half per day, with about 20 minutes of real work. The system they have to deliver food orders to specialists is really modern (you will need a smartphone and the GroupMe app), and you really have to keep up with communicating back to supervisors.
Pros
Great pay, easy hours, great for extra cash
Cons
Not sustainable income

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fooda. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Fooda.

Powered by Comparably