Foodliner Employee Reviews

Great company with caring owners
Manager/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 3, 2018
Pay is extremely competitive, open door policy is very good, always receive an answer or a call back with problems or issues. Equipment is top notch. Great place to retire.
Pros
Pay, Fair Treatment
Cons
Some Irregular hours, but part of the industry.
too many hours for the pay
Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2018
its a great company if you want to stay away from family and friends for little pay. always needing you to do extra work. never home without being asked to work on day\days off.
Pros
quartely safety bonus
Cons
lots and lots of hours working for peanuts
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILJuly 24, 2018
Learned how to repair and maintain semi trucks and trailers. I typically worked over nights by myself. I liked the fact that it was something new to do everyday.
Had poor driver manager, lied to me about work
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJuly 19, 2018
Good equipmentand the people who I worked with were great, but my dispatcher constantly took me off good runs and put me on low paying runs that were short and low incomes.
Tanker Driver
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 4, 2018
Love my job and the people are awesome. Everything at the Chattanooga terminal is great. Plan on staying till retirement. Management and coworkers are great. I work on the liquid side and love it.
Pros
Great work environment and pay
Cons
Equipment needs to be updated
Great people, new equipment, equal family work time.
Tankard Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJune 10, 2018
With their Foodliner app you know when you need to report, where you are going and what equipment you will need. With at least a days notice this helps plan the rest of you day.
Pros
home time
Cons
weekend work
Operation and procedures of foodliner
Delivery CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 14, 2018
To haul sweeteners from rail line facility to the manufacturing facilities. In an appointment time setting. I learned to operate pneumatic dry bulk trailer with hot blower set up. and liquid food grade trailer off loading/loading procedures.
Pros
Quarterly safety bonus and anniversary
Cons
some customers facilities are not delivery friendly
great organization
Tank Driver (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 7, 2018
great organization, great company to grow with and receive good training, data entry, team building, Customer relations and also tank and dry bulk experience
good pay / benifits
Local Driver (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 24, 2018
No real complaint. Good hours, most weekends and holidays off. Management truly cares and understands things happen. Guaranteed pay is always good. Lots of perks
Pros
Guaranteed paid working or not, benifits good, True open door policy
Would not recommend if you want to be with your family
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Foodliner is a place for people who live to work. Dispatch can't schedule things for proper repair times. Everything needs to be done asap. If any parts are needed they will try to ship them from the other side of the US to save money on the parts... Shipping must be free.then when you get the parts they ask is it done yet.
Pros
Good for unexperienced people
Cons
Bad hours bad pay dispatch is terrible at scheduling repairs
Do not waste your time
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYFebruary 16, 2018
Lied to from day one about pay. As if I would not notice that my pay was much lower than was discussed and agreed upon. If you do not mind working for welfare pay then this is the place for you
Pros
Nice equipment
Cons
Low Low pay
Tanker Driver
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNFebruary 9, 2018
I guess they were alright if you want to drive everywhere and not be at home. The head manager was not friendly and was not compassionate about the drivers needs. It was a one sided company
Foodliner
Good Money. Upper Management wont listen to Employee
Driver (Former Employee) –  Winchester, VAFebruary 7, 2018
Worked At the Winchester VA location for 3 yrs. I got sick and tired of the Terminal manager and dispatcher playing favorites. I advised upper management of the issues at the location. They wont do anything about it.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
Work a lot of hours. Management does not care if you stay or go
Physically demanding
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 5, 2018
Very physically demanding. Dispatching leaves no time for personal needs such as eating and bathing. Many of the facilities they service does not have restroom facilities for the drivers. Their system of management and dispatching needs severe overhaul. They seem to not care about their drivers, especially the women.
Cons
Poor dispatching between region facilities.
Easy going
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 18, 2017
Foodliner was fantastic, it was laid back, comfortable and easy going. They worked very well with my schedule throughout school and personal events. When corporate would visit, they treated me like a person they interacted with daily, they knew my name and made me feel comfortable.
OTR Liquid Tanker driver (Former Employee) –  Newark, DE 19713September 29, 2017
Ok place to work, management will work with you. The problem I had was with Dispatch who cared very little about it's drivers and had poor communications with me a lot of unclear messages and short communication. when erras occurred because of bad communications they want to issue warnings as if they were not at fault.
Pros
n/a
Good pay, & benefits
Driver (Current Employee) –  Long Lake, MNSeptember 21, 2017
I've been at foodliner for a little over 8 months and have little to no complaints. Keep in mind that it's easier to complain than it is to praise, so I feel that most of these reviews don't reflect the overall rating of this company. Will you put in long hours? Most likely... Are you going to make good money & benefits? Very likely. I've been driving truck for over 16 years, and have worked at 6 or 7 different companies and this is by far the best one so far. Is it perfect? No... but it's a job, and I don't know many people who don't complain at all about work. The pay and benefits are better than average, the equipment is nice, and management although can have their moments are pretty easy to get along with. If you're willing to hustle, you can expect to make over $65k a year.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Not home as much as I would like, but I'm home virtually every weekend.
Long shifts
Professional truck driver (Current Employee) –  Winchester, VASeptember 10, 2017
Some days are super long and you have to stay out alot more than i want to be for a local driver. Pay is good you just need to be able to work all shift and hours and be okay with sleeping in your truck
Pros
Pay is fair
Cons
Favoritism
trailer mechaninc
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IASeptember 10, 2017
lto checks prevenitve maintenace on fleet equipment. fixing tankers and all problems surronding them work place was allways clean and tidy not much taam work bujt you cojld get help by asking for it if you like to wrench and your in the midwes food liner is a good place to be,
Decent place to work
office (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJune 19, 2017
its an okay job to work for if you're looking to gain experience. I honestly wouldn't recommend it. You work excessive amount of hours, don't have a personal life at all. The stress level is high in the office, equipment not all up to standards. Needs more support from Management.
Pros
california staff very nice
Cons
no breaks, lunch unless you don't mind staying in the office until 9pm